Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I shop at Morrisons, mainly because it's only a ten minute walk from my place.

Whilst the nearest Morrisons to me, is almost three hours away... in Gibraltar! :p

There's an Iceland at Fuengirola, which is about 1 hour 20 minutes away. If my folks get the munchies for English grub, that's usually where they head now.

I can't say I miss much when it comes to English grub. Sure there's stuff you can't generally get here, that you can in the UK. But then, there's stuff you get here I like, that you can't get in the UK. Sort of balances out really.

That said, I can't resist the urge to scoff a packet of Melton Mowbray pork pies, when the folks have been on a shopping expedition. ;)

So... Melton Mowbray pork pies and Manchester United... the rest you can keep. :D

Ive got a 1500 word assignment due tomorrow night on learning theories & teaching styles, exploring cognitive, behavourism and humanism and my head is bloody battered off it. I need to write about different teaching techniques for each style of teaching and I am really struggling to find information about it :(.

Cool Edgar. Wasn't a surprising defeat. Missing several key first team players through injury and suspension against Atlético. Was a poor match though with an equally poor referee. I reckon it would have been a 0-0 were it not for the ref.

Even the Spanish press thought Granada merited a draw and the refereeing decisions changed the game. :(

They're playing Sporting Gijón at home next weekend, which is a crucial game. Beat them and they'll be seven points off the drop zone. It's still very tight, just like last year, but Granada are tough to beat at home. I'm confident enough they'll win enough of their remaining games to stay up.

Granada's B team and youth teams are doing well at the moment.

The B team is clear at the top of their regional division, heading for promotion to the same Tercera division group that Málaga B (Atlético Málagueño) play in currently. They'll then be looking to push for a further promotion to Segunda B4.

The youth team is 3rd in their Division de Honor group, the top level of youth football in Spain, in their first season at that level. The youth team 'B' is also on course for promotion to the Liga Nacional, the next step down from Division de Honor.

So as well as fighting for survival in the Spanish top-flight, the whole club is improving rapidly. I seriously never would have thought they would be were they are now as a club, three or four years ago.

They've the affiliate deal with Cádiz, who are on course for promotion to Segunda, plus they've tied up affiliate deals with Santa Fe (who also have a good youth system) and Motril (where the Callejon brothers are from).

Do you go to uni there Joe?

I do indeed, not for much longer though.

I've never seen anyone with such pronounced dimples! And can't really tell for sure, I would say it's the same person though.

You don't have to play all three, but to be honest, you won't have the background story from the previous two games. You'd probably encounter various characters in the game and when you interact, you'd thing "WTF was that all about?" :D

I'm thinking of having a re-run of the first two games, just to see if I end up with anything a little different from my last saves I had safely stored on my external HD.

Always wanted to study history, sadly enough in that time I didn't get the option to do that. If you choose around here back then you had to take about 7-8 other courses with it which is just stupid. :( It has changed now though.

"Plucky Granada" :D

They've been called that a lot this season. Were start of season favourites for relegation, but have surprised a lot of people in the Spanish media.

One thing that makes me chuckle with the Spanish press, is that Granada's chances were written off last season (for promotion), as well as this season (for survival). Seems they just look at Granada having not played in the top-flight for 35 years, with little regard for quality of the squad they have, or that they're one of very few Spanish clubs actually making a profit and in a healthy position off the field.

I've just finished an article about the Granada cantera and youth system, which has improved incredibly over the last couple of years too. Should be up on elcentrocampista.com in the next day or so.

Not had the time to write much recently, unfortunately. Have been really busy with work related stuff over the last few weeks.

"Plucky Granada" :D

They've been called that a lot this season. Were start of season favourites for relegation, but have surprised a lot of people in the Spanish media.

One thing that makes me chuckle with the Spanish press, is that Granada's chances were written off last season (for promotion), as well as this season (for survival). Seems they just look at Granada having not played in the top-flight for 35 years, with little regard for quality of the squad they have, or that they're one of very few Spanish clubs actually making a profit and in a healthy position off the field.

I've just finished an article about the Granada cantera and youth system, which has improved incredibly over the last couple of years too. Should be up on elcentrocampista.com in the next day or so.

Not had the time to write much recently, unfortunately. Have been really busy with work related stuff over the last few weeks.

I shall have to check your piece out. I like elcentrocampista, good site.

You are just Udinese's feeder club though right? ;)

Good read hopefully Napoli finish the job off at the Bridge im sure the Chelsea fans will have thier plastic flags out

Thanks mate. I love Napoli and really don't like Chelsea so yeah I'm very much hoping that they can do the job!

You are just Udinese's feeder club though right? ;)

haha ;)

It's an interesting setup though, this "Udinese Model". I'm surprised more clubs haven't looked at adopting a similar approach, certainly when you look at what Udinese have achieved in the last ten years.

These days it's more of a mutually beneficial relationship, rather than being feeders of one or the other, even though Granada still have several players "on loan" from Udinese. Certainly without the kick-start Udinese owner Gino Pozzo gave Granada in 2009 though, they wouldn't be where they are now.

Both clubs "invest" in large numbers of players, either to develop for their own use, or to sell on for profit at some point in the future. Both clubs are financially sound and running healthy profits, even compared to much bigger clubs who are running at a loss, whilst even considering both get much smaller sponsorship and TV revenue than those bigger clubs. To me, it's a great example of how clubs can be run efficiently and profitably off the field, whilst also improving their fortunes on the field.

After all, who would have considered Udinese a top five side in Italy, pushing regularly for Champions League football, a few years ago? If Granada continue to progress the way they have over the last few years, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pushing regularly for European football during the next five years.

Can't see Napoli keeping a clean sheet the back 3 are shakey at best but with Lavezzi and Cavani they can hit them on the break , Do you know how Vargas is getting on at Napoli havent seen much of him?

I'm sure Chelsea will score, but I'm equally sure Napoli will too. They'll see the chavs off.

Vargas has only featured a couple of times. The feeling is that he's been signed for next season and this season is to settle him in. I'm certain Napoli see his arrival as insurance for the departure of one or more of Cavani/Lavezzi/Hamsik.

haha ;)

It's an interesting setup though, this "Udinese Model". I'm surprised more clubs haven't looked at adopting a similar approach, certainly when you look at what Udinese have achieved in the last ten years.

These days it's more of a mutually beneficial relationship, rather than being feeders of one or the other, even though Granada still have several players "on loan" from Udinese. Certainly without the kick-start Udinese owner Gino Pozzo gave Granada in 2009 though, they wouldn't be where they are now.

Both clubs "invest" in large numbers of players, either to develop for their own use, or to sell on for profit at some point in the future. Both clubs are financially sound and running healthy profits, even compared to much bigger clubs who are running at a loss, whilst even considering both get much smaller sponsorship and TV revenue than those bigger clubs. To me, it's a great example of how clubs can be run efficiently and profitably off the field, whilst also improving their fortunes on the field.

After all, who would have considered Udinese a top five side in Italy, pushing regularly for Champions League football, a few years ago? If Granada continue to progress the way they have over the last few years, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pushing regularly for European football during the next five years.

Udinese are a fine model for clubs of a similar size and it certainly seems that they've really helped Granada, both financially and with loans. It's good to see for both clubs.

Dont be judging all Liverpool fans based off a couple of others :D.

Pleased with the result last night. Its just what we needed. Andy Carroll had a good game I thought. Martin Kelly was brilliant.