Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it's over the line there, but then the way I look at it is that if you imagine looking down the line the whole ball wouldn't be over, but it would still be simple enough just to get video tech, would take literally 15 seconds to see if the ball went over. Not that I'm bothered because Spurs are out. :D

Im moving in a couple of weeks....again. God!!!

Me & the mrs went to view a house and have decided to take it. This is the property, and without trying to sound snobby its a bit of a downgrade for me as a person because I cant stand houses on the front street as I have always lived in a cul-de-sac and had a garden, but it is really nice inside and we will be making £600 savings per month :eek:.

Im moving in a couple of weeks....again. God!!!

Me & the mrs went to view a house and have decided to take it. This is the property, and without trying to sound snobby its a bit of a downgrade for me as a person because I cant stand houses on the front street as I have always lived in a cul-de-sac and had a garden, but it is really nice inside and we will be making £600 savings per month :eek:.

Thats a lovely kitchen!! Im jelous!

Again? How many different places have you lived in so far?

I say again in a loose context to be honest. When I was a student I lived in Newcastle. Since I have been with my girlfriend I pretty much lived in her old house without declaring it because technically I still had all my stuff at my parents house but stayed at my girlfriends 5 nights a week and then we have moved into the house we currently live in last June/July, and now we are moving again.

Thats a lovely kitchen!! Im jelous!

Yeah, it is quite nice :cool:.

Ahh... you're defending kitchens now eh! ;)

Yeah, I closed that thread in GD where you were getting trolled. :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahaha :p

Meh its most likely my own doing anyway, sorry for bring another thread down!

*edit* god i just noticed that guy had 8 infractions before you hit him with another, that must be some kind of record!

So the Olympics are just 99 days away, the question is; does anyboby North of the Watford gap actually give a ****?

I havent cared at all, despite them trying to force us to care with this stupid GB football team. I see one Scottish player made the final 80, to be expected really! The team will be 10 Englishmen, and Bale, why anyone thought it would actually be a GB team is beyond me, it was always going to be an English team with Bale because England dont have a good left winger.

It should have been forbidden that they have a GB team actually.

Otherwise why have Wales, Schotland, England, N-Ireland as seperate football teams in the Euro's or WC's???

One team always or always seperate teams.

Otherwise why have Wales, Schotland, England, N-Ireland as seperate football teams in the Euro's or WC's???

Thats the issue really, we cannot enter teams from Scotland, England N.Ireland and Wales, because of the way the Olympics works, it has to be a Great Britain team, we enter everything else as GB so the football team has to be the same. We also have a special arrangement as the home nations because of the history of FIFA, which means we have been able to keep our football teams seperate, FIFA would prefer us to play as GB full time, but are unable to force it through. All this has done is open the debate again, and only because down south they seem to think that we must have a football team in the competition because they are hosting it, this never comes up at any other time. I dont know what the feeling is down in England, Wales, and Ireland, but up here everyone i speak too could not give a toss about the Olympics, its not a huge footballing thing for us in GB and this has just caused unessecary arguments and problems, the quicker this is over and out the way the better.

I dont know what the feeling is down in England, Wales, and Ireland, but up here everyone i speak too could not give a toss about the Olympics, its not a huge footballing thing for us in GB

I'm in Sussex and I've yet to find anybody remotely interested in the Olympics, more concerned about the effect on our daily lives tbh.

As for a GB football team, it's not a discussion point in the football circles I move in, we're England supporters:)

I havent cared at all, despite them trying to force us to care with this stupid GB football team. I see one Scottish player made the final 80, to be expected really! The team will be 10 Englishmen, and Bale, why anyone thought it would actually be a GB team is beyond me, it was always going to be an English team with Bale because England dont have a good left winger.

The Scottish FA don't want any of the players involved though, the same with the Welsh and Irish. If it wasn't for that and if they actually helped I think it would be a more even mix. But as it stands it was always going to be a more English presence due to the other nations reluctance to get involved. The players have been threatened with been expelled from their national teams if they are to be called up to team GB and accept.

And there's more that 1 Scottish player in the final 80, there's 4. Fletcher, Goodwillie, Forrest and Bannan

Why forbid it? Up until 1972 we'd tried to qualify for 10 olympic games. Do you know why there isn't a standard GB team now for every olympics? It's because the olympics was only for amateurs players but in 1974 the FA changed the distinction between amateur and professional players. This meant no more national amateur team so as a result decided to scrap team GB as it made no sense if we had no amatur national side.

We have every right to enter the tournament, we've actually won it twice.

You're just jealous the National Amateur side beat Belgium's Pro national side 11-2
:D

I'm in Sussex and I've yet to find anybody remotely interested in the Olympics, more concerned about the effect on our daily lives tbh.

As for a GB football team, it's not a discussion point in the football circles I move in, we're England supporters:)

Same here. Doesn't hurt as a one off though seeing as we are hosting it, makes perfect sense.

The players have been threatened with been expelled from their national teams if they are to be called up to team GB and accept.

Also that is not true at all, there is no way Scotland can afford to tell the players that were being considered that they would ban them from the national side if they played, and do you really think Wales would ban Bale and Ramsey from their national side? Not a chance.

Also that is not true at all, there is no way Scotland can afford to tell the players that were being considered that they would ban them from the national side if they played, and do you really think Wales would ban Bale and Ramsey from their national side? Not a chance.

The Welsh FA have backed down over it. The SFA still claim their will be expellsions and punishments for players who join. That's why Fletcher says he'll still play as he's fell out with Levein.

According to ESPN, SKY and EuroSport with articles published today, those 4 Scottish players are still in the frame.

The Welsh FA have backed down over it. The SFA still claim their will be expellsions and punishments for players who join. That's why Fletcher says he'll still play as he's fell out with Levein.

According to ESPN, SKY and EuroSport with articles published today, those 4 Scottish players are still in the frame.

Can you link me something about that, every thing i have read up here says the SFA will not take any action against any player who decides to play, there have been countless stories on it and i have not read the SFA say that at all. I'm also 100% sure i read an interview with Forrest a few weeks ago where he said he would not play as Celtic will have Champions league qualifers around the same time and he would not miss them for the Olympics.

I have got such a bad cold. The boiler in my house has been off since Saturday so I have been living in a freezing cold house. Its a joke!! We need a new boiler, that has been said but the owner didnt like the estimate so we had to have someone else out. Have you ever heard anything so stupid? Refusing to pay my rent next month because of it :mad:.

I have got such a bad cold. The boiler in my house has been off since Saturday so I have been living in a freezing cold house. Its a joke!! We need a new boiler, that has been said but the owner didnt like the estimate so we had to have someone else out. Have you ever heard anything so stupid? Refusing to pay my rent next month because of it :mad:.

Have you ever seen a quote for a new boiler? Mines went down a few weeks ago, we were quoted £5k for a new one! You can buy a car for less money!! Luckily they were able to patch mines up, but it leaks, never a good sign.

I would refuse to pay my rent until the boiler was fixed and there is nothing they can do about it, if they try to take legal action you will win easily.

Have you ever seen a quote for a new boiler? Mines went down a few weeks ago, we were quoted £5k for a new one! You can buy a car for less money!! Luckily they were able to patch mines up, but it leaks, never a good sign.

I would refuse to pay my rent until the boiler was fixed and there is nothing they can do about it, if they try to take legal action you will win easily.

I know it isnt cheap...but I dont give a ****. Im paying to live in a house and I shouldnt be living in a house with no central heating...especially when there are two kids living with us.

I would get it fixed ASAP if you were my tennant. I wouldn't want to be missing out on the brass. However the boiler being broke won't be connected to your cold.

I blame the boiler not working because if you felt the cold in my house you would understand!!!

Also, in reply to both, its a 20yo boiler and hasnt been replaced since the house was built and yet he isnt happy about a new one needing to be put in. ****!!!