Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate poeple who can't hold a discussion and when raised on it change what they initially said to suit their argument. Also they never seem to produce any evidence of what they say is true.

Hate poeple who can't hold a discussion and when raised on it change what they initially said to suit their argument. Also they never seem to produce any evidence of what they say is true.

Thats the way most of the GD rant threads go really isnt it? These people who claim they lose a player every single game to injury never come up with any screen shots, ever, infact i hazzard a bet they go to make them and then realise they are wrong so come back with a different argument.

How unlucky can you be in one game?

I'll ask because, I'm Chester, playing Curzon Ashton for the 3rd time this season, 2nd in the FA Trophy 4th Qualifying Round iirc. I made 11 changes for the first game, then picked the same 11 for the replay. I've just had 2 penalties, both in the 70th minute and both missed. It's currently 1-1.

My days of working 12 hour shifts are over. My exam grades have been of exactly no use in my life, there is no substitute for common sense and good work ethic. I've seen university graduates who havnt a clue how to deal with the real work environment.

Now, if you can combine a degree along with common sense, you may be on to a winner. Although I worry weather these days it's worth going down the degree route, all that debt, with the chance of no job at the end of it. Not a good start to you adult life. You can leave school early , start at the bottom, and work your way up, and be in a much better situation than the graduate a few years later.

This all makes me unsure what path to encourage my son to go down, he is very bright and if he keeps it up he will get good grades, but I don't know what is best for him anymore.

Tell him to get a good trade under his belt. There's always a need for plumbers and electricians, plus it's good money too.

A friend's nephew got an apprenticeship with an electrical company back in the UK the other year. His starting salary as an apprentice was about 18k per year and he's two years in now. By the time he's fully qualified and experienced, he'll be on about 25k a year. He can then either choose to keep working cards in with that company, or go and set up his own business. A good spark these days can easily earn in excess of 50k a year.

For a lad that's still only 20 years old, he's off to a good start in life, I reckon.

Purefun, I'm sorry but shut up. Barca were shocking tbh and they only have one way of playing football. That is through the middle playing little passes and one twos and trying to walk it into the box. Chelsea played well and did what they had to. I have to say, it was such an enjoyable game and Chelsea crowded out the middle so Barca had to try and force the passes. Geoff Shreeves though. Crushing Ivanovic's dreams like that.

Purefun, I'm sorry but shut up. Barca were shocking tbh and they only have one way of playing football. That is through the middle playing little passes and one twos and trying to walk it into the box. Chelsea played well and did what they had to. I have to say, it was such an enjoyable game and Chelsea crowded out the middle so Barca had to try and force the passes. Geoff Shreeves though. Crushing Ivanovic's dreams like that.

Barcelona weren't shocking, Chelsea simply executed their gameplan superbly.

Barca were shocking. They didn't have any idea what to do when Chelsea shut the middle off.

Yeah I'm sorry, **** off back to the Championship wth your crap views.

Rather than criticise the side who were rather unfortunte, (I'm sure I saw them hit the woodwork twice and the opposition goalkeeper make three good saves. Anyone else?), why don't you lavish praise on the team who, for the most part, executed their gameplan to perfection?

I see watching the match in HD did nothing to enhance what actually happened :D

Did Purefun and Tom not read my first post. Did I not say Chelsea did what they had to? I did. Did I say that Barca only had one way of playing football? I did. Which from todays game seems a perfectly reasonable thing to say. So Barca were shocking.

My god, you really are stupid.

Did Purefun and Tom not read my first post. Did I not say Chelsea did what they had to? I did. Did I say that Barca only had one way of playing football? I did. Which from todays game seems a perfectly reasonable thing to say. So Barca were shocking.

Barca where unlucky to lose.....how does that translate to shocking?

No, they're a one dimensional team. You crowd them out and they aren't as good as they are usually. Maybe shocking was the wrong word. Oh and Barca were also expecting Messi to score the penalty as none of them followed it up.

One dimensional? Go and watch more of their games and educate yourself please, you're looking like an idiot who doesn't understand football.

I do understand football. I'm just merely saying that they are a one dimensional team. They look to play short passes which if you crowd them out and get in the way won't work.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/11/real-madrid-1-3-barcelona-tactics/

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/01/19/real-madrid-1-2-barcelona-tactics/

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/11/real-madrid-0-2-barcelona-tactics-xavi-messi/

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/02/19/barcelona-5-1-valencia-valencia-do-their-nou-camp-usual-start-well-then-tire-in-second-half/

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/08/29/barcelona-5-0-villarreal-tactics/

Go read them and then try saying they are 1 dimensional.

They don't only play short passes either, it's clear you either don't understand or simply don't look at the right things.

Barca are hardly one dimensional. They can beat you with Alves on the wings, Xaviesta through the middle, Messi from anywhere and are also able to chuck in the likes of Alexis and Fabregas to mix it up. Chelsea set up to play anti football, just like Inter 2 years ago and it worked. It's horrible and it's a footballing travesty in all honesty but if they tried to go toe to toe with Barca they'd end up like a girl who'd met Ched Evans at a party. I hope Chelsea get dicked in the final.

Barca are hardly one dimensional. They can beat you with Alves on the wings, Xaviesta through the middle, Messi from anywhere and are also able to chuck in the likes of Alexis and Fabregas to mix it up. Chelsea set up to play anti football, just like Inter 2 years ago and it worked. It's horrible and it's a footballing travesty in all honesty but if they tried to go toe to toe with Barca they'd end up like a girl who'd met Ched Evans at a party. I hope Chelsea get dicked in the final.

Factually incorrect about Evans btw :D

Some nice discussions about the game last night :D haha.

Chelsea's game plan was fantastic. The fact that it worked for two legs is even better. It just shows that Barca arent as invincible as people thought. As much as I dislike Chelsea, I take my hat off to them because over the two legs they have been fantastic.

Lol Barca one dimensional.....

They have struggled this season when teams do what Chelsea do against them, but i think they miss Villia more than they thought they would. They are still the best footballing team in the world, but you cannot win everything indefinately, i cant wait to see them next season when they have the bit between their teeth again.

Barca one dimensional- sorry but LOL.

They see passes on pitch level that most people don't see watching from high up in the stands. They have just hit the wall, out of gas, players carrying injuries. Chelsea caught them at the right time, and even then they had to deal with hundreds of clear cut chances, posts and bars being hit, pens being missed.

Could have been very different.