Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Purefun, can you shed a bit of information on OH Leuven in Belgium? Reason I am asking is because although I am in 2028 on my FM save, they have no league data from before 2020/21 on my save and have now won the Belgian Pro League in 2027/28.

The sun newspaper campaign to " shop a scrounger" was discusting.

The establishment trying to blame the working and non working classes for the financial mess the establishment got us all into, then encouraging people to grass up their neighbours and friends....

The people that run these papers set the agenda, decide for us what we are going to be talking about at work, at home, with each other.

In the age of the Internet people are slowly going to their own sources for news, opinions, and debate, and thankfully, over time , these newspapers will become irrelevant.

The only worry is that the powers that be find a way in to the public counciousness by other means. No doubt they already do.

Just been looking back at the first game I saw Granada CF play.

Was in 2005/2006 season away at CD Loja, which is actually my nearest town. Loja won 3-1 in front of about 500 fans, in the Tercera Division, group 10. (fourth tier of Spanish football) :lol:

Amazing to think, I'll be watching them play against Real Madrid this weekend. Never would have dreamed that would be possible, when I was stood at that match back then.

They were in the Tercera at the time, as they'd been demoted from the 2ªB4 the previous season, due to non-payment of player wages and debts.

08/09 season they were back in the 2ªB4, but by the end of the season, they were weeks away from closure. Udinese owner Gino Pozzo decided to invest in the club, installed Quique Pina as president, set about wiping their €2m debts and loaned them lots of players. 09/10 they won promotion to Segunda as overall 2ªB champions. Last season they sneaked into the promotion play-offs. Beat Celta Vigo on penalties in the semis after two legs, then Elche over two legs in the final.

First time back in the Primera for 35 years. They'd been a decent side in the top flight during the 60's and 70's, but then spiralled downwards.

My team thread here has more info - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276727-FM12-Granada-CF-%C2%A1Somos-De-Primera!

You've gone straight towards the top of my "like" list.

What!!! :(

Purefun, can you shed a bit of information on OH Leuven in Belgium? Reason I am asking is because although I am in 2028 on my FM save, they have no league data from before 2020/21 on my save and have now won the Belgian Pro League in 2027/28.

That is strange tbh seeing they are in the pro league from the start of the game. Maybe report this in the bug section?

I wouldn't go that far. I fancied a couple of drinks whilst watching the football. A couple just turned into to many ha. I was told to stop drinking by the doctor abouy 3-4 years ago though. Now I don't drink often at all, but when I do it tends to be more than I should really.

That is strange tbh seeing they are in the pro league from the start of the game. Maybe report this in the bug section?

I think....the answer might be that I didnt load the Belgian league until 2018/19, and maybe they were relegated to leagues which arent on the game.

If anyone wants an e-mail which actually had me belly laughing and tears streaming down my face, PM me your e-mail address and I will forward it to you :D.

What a goal last night tho, unstoppable, anyone who says the keeper is at fault knows nothing about football.

Im beginning to think i dont know anything about football, 3 people have now told me today that Cech is at fault for that goal, i just dont see how, no one in the world would see that shot coming. Am i missing something here?

Working week-ends, errrrrgh. Dont do those.

Worked every weekend since before Christmas, only had 3 days off in the whole of April to the shortage of staff, luckily we got 2 new people now and I only have this weekend to work then I have 3 weekends in a row off. Shame it's nearly the end of football season, I usually finish at 3 but knowing my luck, like this Saturday Arsenal play at dinner :(

Is that not dodgy ground, udinese owner having a stake in the club? Or has he sold it on again once they made the top flight?

Udinese and Granada seem to be working hand in hand scouting players and the link is still very strong.

I quite like what Udinese have done as a club in recent years and Granada are following the same model. Neither club is exactly amongst the "biggest" in their respective countries. Neither will ever attract the better sources of revenue from sponsorship or TV money. Both playing the transfer market and with some considerable success.

I believe that Udinese have over 120 professional players on their books at the moment, whilst Granada now have over 40. They'll sign players for buttons, the cream of those will rise to the top and be kept and developed, whilst others will be loaned out or sold for a healthy profit. It's good business and working well for both clubs.

Because of the link, Granada have invested in their youth system and B team directly. B team won promotion to Tercera this year, youth team finished 4th in their regional division of the highest level of Spanish youth football, in their first season at that level. They've tied up an affiliate deal with CD Santa Fe, who also have a youth team in the same division, as well as Motril. They're basically trying to ensure they get all the best local youngsters, before they're snapped up by the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc...

They've built bridges with Benfica in Portugal, which whilst not an official "affiliate" deal, it's a good working relationship between the presidents of both clubs. This may strengthen over the summer too.

I actually like the idea of clubs from different countries collaborating and in the modern game, it's perhaps the only way a club like Granada can possibly hope to compete at the highest level. I think you'll see more clubs following their example over the next few years. Financially speaking, Granada are now one of very few solvent and profitable clubs in Spain.

There's plenty of people I've heard being critical of their approach, but it's either "why didn't we think of that" type jealousy, or they're happy to keep seeing their clubs spend beyond their means. I know what I prefer...

Interestingly, Udinese's Gino Pozzo and Granada's Quique Pina are looking at the potential of getting involved in English football. They sounded out Charlton Athletic last summer and have recently been linked with either investing or affiliating with Watford.

Do you really need everyone's phone number on your facebook? Its a pointless thing for people to post pointless updates that no one gives a **** about. Your true friends are the one's you have the phone number of already, not the one's you have on facebook just so you have 300+ 'friends' or what ever.

I have 26/27 friends on facebook. Of those, I'd consider about 19 of those as friends and I have or did have about 15 numbers. The rest of them I don't need. I've changed my number though since but as I don't use my phone alot, I probably don't need the numbers. It'd just be nice to have them so I can get rid. There are a few friends who did have facebook but have got rid of it for similar reasons to myself. So really, I only need about another 6 people's numbers.