Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd have cost around £30-40 mill though if not. Snippet of a price really.

Now go and get Cabaye and the league is yours :thup:

I agree, Cabaye would be a good signing, solid defensively and creates chances too. I would not mind one of the Bender brothers either.

Apparently Chelsea are close to signing Hulk. How on earth are they signing players with no manager?

Because the managers of Chelsea never sign players it's always Roman who decided who to buy etc.

Cabaye surprisingly made the most tackles in the Premier League this season. He also made the same amount of interceptions as Scott Parker, yet still managed to pose a threat with his creativity going forward. I really rate the player.

I got the information from the Guardian's article on the Premier League in numbers. A few interest bits in there.

Cabaye is awesome. He's better than Tiote imo

Because the managers of Chelsea never sign players it's always Roman who decided who to buy etc.

Indeed, god knows how that works. The manager is then forced to play a certain way to incorporate players into the system because they have been bought for ridiculous amounts of money.

I am almost sure that he will not give Roberto Di Matteo the job.

Cabaye is awesome. He's better than Tiote imo

Agree with you there. Much more to his game and he's adapted to the pace of the English game with ease.

I am almost sure that he will not give Roberto Di Matteo the job.

I think he may get it for just a year. It's ridiculous that he hasn't been offered it already though, the players and the fans love him and he's even just won the Champions League! He's free to keep as well... it decreases the level risk that is involved in bringing in other managers.

I think he may get it for just a year. It's ridiculous that he hasn't been offered it already though, the players and the fans love him and he's even just won the Champions League! He's free to keep as well... it decreases the level risk that is involved in bringing in other managers.

Problem is Abramovich wants them paying attractive attacking football as I understand it hence he decided to buy Hazard and Hulk. I think he might get it for a year if Abramovich thinks he has a chance to get Guardiola next season.

Problem is Abramovich wants them paying attractive attacking football as I understand it hence he decided to buy Hazard and Hulk. I think he might get it for a year if Abramovich thinks he has a chance to get Guardiola next season.

I'm pretty sure that's what he would like to do. Whether Pep would want to go or not is another question though.

Well, it's been fun, but people don't seem to like me, think I'm some sort of alias etc.

I will stop posting here.

You've had a bit of banter in here with people but you've gotta learn to take it too.

Are the rumours Man Utd have bid for Kwadwo Asamoah and Mehdi Benatia likely to be true tom? Asamoah is immense.

I doubt it. We've been sniffing around Moussa Dembele according to the papers and if Chelsea put in a bid we're likely to do the same. 10 million pounds is the mentioned price. Kagawa and Powell are almost done deals.

I doubt it. We've been sniffing around Moussa Dembele according to the papers and if Chelsea put in a bid we're likely to do the same. 10 million pounds is the mentioned price. Kagawa and Powell are almost done deals.

Kagawa is £16 million and extra fees from what I read. Not bad though as his wage isn't that big. Well it is but he only asked for 80k. Not too bad really.

Rumours are he went to one club(QPR) and asked for 52%. They were willing to let him have 30%. He then went to another club. Us or Leeds and got offered 100%.

Neil Warnock your new manager if he gets club anyway.

They rejected your £13 million bid that's why the deal asn't been done yet. They gone back in with a £16 mill one with clauses which has been accepted.

That, I didn't know. IMO everything up to 20 million pounds for him is acceptable.

That, I didn't know. IMO everything up to 20 million pounds for him is acceptable.

According to most sites it's £16 million with agent fees, sign on fees and so many goals from what I believe. Not bad really hes worth it.

How much money do UTD have to spend?

I'm guessing its more to do with if you don't strengthen now you could be left behind in the next 12 months or so and end up like Pool and Arsenal?

How much money do UTD have to spend?

I'm guessing its more to do with if you don't strengthen now you could be left behind in the next 12 months or so and end up like Pool and Arsenal?

I don't think anyone knows exactly. :D Read the article the other day where Gill said money is there to spend as much as needed, but I'm not buying that entirely. I also don't believe the stories that we don't have money to spend at all. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

My opinion is that we have money to spend, but only if we REALLY need to. So, as long as the board and staff think that we are fine like we are then I doubt we'd be putting our hands in pockets just yet. I also think that the time for shift in generations is approaching faster then some think.

As much as I respect Giggsy and Scholsey I don't think we should be relying this much on them. Some of the young players excite me though, but I still think we are far, in terms of young players with high potential, from some other clubs. There are couple of really good prospect, but apart from Pogba and Morrison (before he left) I don't think anyone has the potential to be a top player.

I don't think anyone knows exactly. :D Read the article the other day where Gill said money is there to spend as much as needed, but I'm not buying that entirely. I also don't believe the stories that we don't have money to spend at all. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

My opinion is that we have money to spend, but only if we REALLY need to. So, as long as the board and staff think that we are fine like we are then I doubt we'd be putting our hands in pockets just yet. I also think that the time for shift in generations is approaching faster then some think.

As much as I respect Giggsy and Scholsey I don't think we should be relying this much on them. Some of the young players excite me though, but I still think we are far, in terms of young players with high potential, from some other clubs. There are couple of really good prospect, but apart from Pogba and Morrison (before he left) I don't think anyone has the potential to be a top player.

I'm guessing now is one of the times that you 'have to' buy.

You don't seem to be producing midfielders it's attacking players and defenders :(

In the last four years we have missed out on a major signing who have instead decided to join another club;

2009 - Karim Benzema

2010 - Mesut Ozil

2011 - Samir Nasri

2012 - Eden Hazard

We're not missing out on these players for any reason other than we can't afford to pay them enough money. Basically, we can't compete for the top players anymore, and it's a testament to Ferguson that we continue to perform aswell as we do.

Are the rumours Man Utd have bid for Kwadwo Asamoah and Mehdi Benatia likely to be true tom? Asamoah is immense.
asamoah is good but not really the player type united need IMO, benatia is overrated

dubt there's much to the rumours thought, since kagawa pretty much seams like a done deal and sholes have just extended his contract by one more year

asamoah is good but not really the player type united need IMO, benatia is overrated

dubt there's much to the rumours thought, since kagawa pretty much seams like a done deal and sholes have just extended his contract by one more year

Asamoah is exactly the player United need. He's physical and is a destroyer in the middle of the park. They've lacked this type of player for years.

In the last four years we have missed out on a major signing who have instead decided to join another club;

2009 - Karim Benzema

2010 - Mesut Ozil

2011 - Samir Nasri

2012 - Eden Hazard

We're not missing out on these players for any reason other than we can't afford to pay them enough money. Basically, we can't compete for the top players anymore, and it's a testament to Ferguson that we continue to perform aswell as we do.

So one big named player a year it seems :(

So one big named player a year it seems :(

And it's going to keep happening while the Glazers are around.

And yes I know I'm sounding like a typical big club supporter; "Boo-hoo we can't buy the world", but it really isn't a good situation. In all honesty I only named the last four years, I could have included 2007 and said Frank Ribery aswell.

This summer our big signing will be Kagawa. I'm not moaning at that, as having seen him live a few times I think he's a really good player who will prove to be a good buy. But it doesn't hide the fact that we have once again missed out on a huge signing (Hazard) because we can't afford the wages/financial package that the other big clubs in the world can.

(Please note, I'm not blieving this nonsense that we agreed full terms with Hazard and his agent, as they kept claiming).

EDIT - Thank you for asking about my holiday earlier Cleon. I had an awesome time - who couldn't dowhen sunbathing all day then drinking with great friends on a night. Can't wait to get over again. :)

Asamoah is exactly the player United need. He's physical and is a destroyer in the middle of the park. They've lacked this type of player for years.
Asamoah is more of an attacking box to box player, physical and energetic, yes, but not really a holding midfielder or destroyer as such

Asamoah is more of an attacking box to box player, physical and energetic, yes, but not really a holding midfielder or destroyer as such

Udinese play him as a box to box but he's a natural holding midfielder.

Facebook, the downfall of everyone's life.

Facebook is ****.

And yes I know I'm sounding like a typical big club supporter; "Boo-hoo we can't buy the world", but it really isn't a good situation. In all honesty I only named the last four years, I could have included 2007 and said Frank Ribery aswell.

This summer our big signing will be Kagawa. I'm not moaning at that, as having seen him live a few times I think he's a really good player who will prove to be a good buy. But it doesn't hide the fact that we have once again missed out on a huge signing (Hazard) because we can't afford the wages/financial package that the other big clubs in the world can.

Man Utd will challenge at the top of the table as they always do because they have a quality Manager in Ferguson, but I think they will find it much, much tougher next season if Chelsea continue to spend on the way they currently are and Man City will just pay ridiculous for players as always. They need to spend, especially in midfield in my eyes.

To be fair, the whole Premier League with the way it currently is with a top 5, 6, 7 is excellent really. It makes it a lot more interesting.

(Please note, I'm not blieving this nonsense that we agreed full terms with Hazard and his agent, as they kept claiming).

EDIT - Thank you for asking about my holiday earlier Cleon. I had an awesome time - who couldn't dowhen sunbathing all day then drinking with great friends on a night. Can't wait to get over again. :)

I understand what you mean. You've been the best club in England for past 15 years yet can't compete financially anymore to attract big players. What's stopping you attracting them? Is it a simple case of too much debt and paying loans off?

And no I don't think Hazard agreed terms either. I honestly think he was off to City rather than Utd until Chelsea won ECL.

Udinese play him as a box to box but he's a natural holding midfielder.
from what I can tell he is playing his best football so far in this current box to box role, and its probably the main reason as to why Udinese will make a heafty profit when they do sell him, I'm honestly not sure if he have the tactical discipline to play any other role at a top club

would probably be foolish to buy him with a different role in mind

I understand what you mean. You've been the best club in England for past 15 years yet can't compete financially anymore to attract big players. What's stopping you attracting them? Is it a simple case of too much debt and paying loans off?

And no I don't think Hazard agreed terms either. I honestly think he was off to City rather than Utd until Chelsea won ECL.

Basically yes. We can't afford to be paying the huge wages that City and Chelsea are, nevermind Real Madrid and Barcelona over in Spain, because it would affect our debt and interest payments. Neither of those things are helped because of our shoddy performance in the Champions League last term.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bothered about missing out on Hazard - I was sick of his ******** on Twitter and that isn't how to handle ones self. Players like that I don't want at United as if they want to play for us they would join traight away, not **** around "deciding" via a social networking site.

Basically yes. We can't afford to be paying the huge wages that City and Chelsea are, nevermind Real Madrid and Barcelona over in Spain, because it would affect our debt and interest payments. Neither of those things are helped because of our shoddy performance in the Champions League last term.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bothered about missing out on Hazard - I was sick of his ******** on Twitter and that isn't how to handle ones self. Players like that I don't want at United as if they want to play for us they would join traight away, not **** around "deciding" via a social networking site.

How much is the debt these days? Was a ridiculous amount last time I looked. I think the debt was worth more than the top EPL clubs were valued at.

It doesn't look like the Yanks will leave anytime soon either. So I guess this will last for years where you miss out on top players. The only hope you have is to sign them young and hope they fulfill the potential :(

How much is the debt these days? Was a ridiculous amount last time I looked. I think the debt was worth more than the top EPL clubs were valued at.

It doesn't look like the Yanks will leave anytime soon either. So I guess this will last for years where you miss out on top players. The only hope you have is to sign them young and hope they fulfill the potential :(

The debt isn't as bad as it was 2-3 years ago when it was around the £800million mark. Now it's around the £450-£500million mark, with interest payments having dropped a little from the £60million+ we payed at the time.

As for players reaching their potential, it's unlikely to happen at our place. With the exception of Ashley Young, (26 years old when signed), all of our money purchases since the signing of Berbatov have been under the age of 24, thus can all be sold on for profit if they do well.