Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting to the stage now where there will be a wage cap introduced at some point as the debt clubs are racking up is just silly.

The annoying thing is that our debt has absolutely nothing to do with the club, and was all put upon us when Uncle Malc took over.

The annoying thing is that our debt has absolutely nothing to do with the club, and was all put upon us when Uncle Malc took over.

Aye I know :(

Clubs who pay high wages though cannot afford to run at a profit though. So sooner or later something will have to be done about it.

If someone had posted some info on facebook about you're personal life and pretty much made things awkward, how would you approach it?

Would you;

A) Delete all relevant information that you and be the bigger man. Responding there private messages by telling them to stop and then just ignore them so they're grovelling?

B) Be petty, tell some of his personal information which could well ruin numerous lives.

C) A, B and ignore them at work knowing that you'll have to talk to them at some stage.

Just the fact that he posts **** about who I like, everyone commenting and making me feel small. Also potentially making things awkward with the girl in question as I've liked her for ages. Told her ages ago but managed to get over it sort of. He then started bringing it back up the other day which is now ****ed everything up. I now will have to spend the next 5 months making things unawkward again.

Oh and woman :mad:.

Yeah, you're bothered over nothing.

The banalness of Facebook is irrelevant over the realities of the real world. Many an argument/seemingly stressful comment has been made on Facebook, only for it to be completely forgotten when next encountering the person or people involved.

Something is only as awkward or irrelevant as you make it. Personally I see things on FB as irrelevant - if you have a brain, then you will do the same.

Make your choice.

Welcome back SRL88. How was the holiday?

I'm moving to Gateshead 2 week tomorrow.

He's still actually away - isn't back until the early hours.

Presumably he's been a bit s ad today and has been using the internet over in Tenerife.

What Tom said basically. I have had to check my bank accounts in Tenerife because I have bills due out and with me just being payed I wanted to transfer all my money over. That resulted in me not being able to resist temptation of checking things on here which is rather sad....but I missed you guys ha.

Where abouts in Gateshead are you moving to? Some quite nice estates there which I have looked at myself in the past.

Edit: Oh, and I am pretty pleased with the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as our new Manager. If given time, he could do very well. I havent checked what people have been saying in the Liverpool Thread but I imagine its all negative because they're a whining bunch of ********.

What Tom said basically. I have had to check my bank accounts in Tenerife because I have bills due out and with me just being payed I wanted to transfer all my money over. That resulted in me not being able to resist temptation of checking things on here which is rather sad....but I missed you guys ha.

Where abouts in Gateshead are you moving to? Some quite nice estates there which I have looked at myself in the past.

Edit: Oh, and I am pretty pleased with the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as our new Manager. If given time, he could do very well. I havent checked what people have been saying in the Liverpool Thread but I imagine its all negative because they're a whining bunch of ********.

The other half is from Blaydon so we going quite close to that. Think it might be Swalwell were going to, I'm sure that's what the place is called.

As for Rodgers I think its a mistake he's took the easy option by taking you over. It would have been much harder for him next season at Swansea and he'd have been found out in my opinion. He's credited with getting Swansea playing the style they do when in all honesty he didn't create it, he inherited it. But the media don't realise that because football doesn't exist out side of the Premier League, or so they'd have you believe.

Martinez created the style, Souza made them more defensive and Rodgers just inherited both styles, he asn't improved them or added his own stamp. Anyone who followed them in The Championship would know that.

I hope he does well for you but he's took the job 2 years too early imo.

Ohh and Some of your fans when he was linked thought he'd need Benitez as director of football:D

Liverpool need 3 years to rebuild, I can't see him been given the time due to the fans. The fans will be on his back by October and chants for King Kenny and Benitez will be sung until he's sacked.

As for Rodgers I think its a mistake he's took the easy option by taking you over. It would have been much harder for him next season at Swansea and he'd have been found out in my opinion. He's credited with getting Swansea playing the style they do when in all honesty he didn't create it, he inherited it. But the media don't realise that because football doesn't exist out side of the Premier League, or so they'd have you believe.

Martinez created the style, Souza made them more defensive and Rodgers just inherited both styles, he asn't improved them or added his own stamp. Anyone who followed them in The Championship would know that.

I hope he does well for you but he's took the job 2 years too early imo.

Ohh and Some of your fans when he was linked thought he'd need Benitez as director of football:D

Liverpool need 3 years to rebuild, I can't see him been given the time due to the fans. The fans will be on his back by October and chants for King Kenny and Benitez will be sung until he's sacked.

I was cringing when the fans wanted Rafa back. He done a solid job at best for us with one really good season in the league. I just didnt want another returning Manager because its never the same. We definitely are in need of a few seasons to get us back to where we were, and I just hope the fans realise that.

I will honestly jump for joy if we sign Gylfi :cool:.

I was cringing when the fans wanted Rafa back. He done a solid job at best for us with one really good season in the league. I just didnt want another returning Manager because its never the same. We definitely are in need of a few seasons to get us back to where we were, and I just hope the fans realise that.

I will honestly jump for joy if we sign Gylfi :cool:.

You can't be a proper Pool fan as they all believe you are still the best team in the world :D

Gylfi >>>>> Gerrard

Gutted For Will Keane, gets called up to first team and gets injured, out for 9 months :(

Hulk, Hazard and Marin have cost Chelsea just £2million more than Downing, Henderson and Carroll cost Liverpool.

Does that mean you can invite someone for free at those games Heath? And lets say a plainticket to Granada? And one back to lets say Belgium?

Want me to throw in a trip to Don Pepe's "Puticlub", so long as the missus and kids aren't coming? ;)

2299.jpg

Important to remember if you see a building with "Club" written on it in Spain, it's not necessarily a sporting institution...

...though it depends on your idea of "sport" I suppose. :lol:

Nocturnal acrobatics, anyone? :D

I wish :(. Reading a few and they all seem to have relevance to how my life is at the moment. Surely they can't all be talking rubbish?

There all ****. If you want to believe though you'll always be able to make reference to them in your life and what's currently going on.

Gutted For Will Keane, gets called up to first team and gets injured, out for 9 months :(

Hulk, Hazard and Marin have cost Chelsea just £2million more than Downing, Henderson and Carroll cost Liverpool.

Thanks for that :(.

Did you wear them?

Got them in now ;).

Welbeck is simply awesome, glad to see him get off the mark for England.

I think you're being a bit over the top.

He is a good young player who is developing nicely. Despite his outstanding finish yesterday, that is an area of his game that needs desperate improvement. Add to that his first touch, and just general awareness on the field.

What's everyone's thoughts on Hodgson's start to his England career? Back-to-back 1-0 wins seems solid enough. I'd have liked to have seen more than 1 shot on target yesterday though, but defensively we seem astute.

Also, who's going to start upfront against France, Carroll or Welbeck? Young is a certainty to start playing the number 10 role you'd have to think.

I think you're being a bit over the top.

He is a good young player who is developing nicely. Despite his outstanding finish yesterday, that is an area of his game that needs desperate improvement. Add to that his first touch, and just general awareness on the field.

Yeah I was a bit over the top.

What's everyone's thoughts on Hodgson's start to his England career? Back-to-back 1-0 wins seems solid enough. I'd have liked to have seen more than 1 shot on target yesterday though, but defensively we seem astute.

Also, who's going to start upfront against France, Carroll or Welbeck? Young is a certainty to start playing the number 10 role you'd have to think.

We don't play the best style of football but it's effective. Roy's sides always are hard to break down and nick the odd goal.

Carroll will start against France I don't think there's any question about that in all honesty.

Hodgson has barely been in charge 2 minutes and has only had the squad once. Whether we have been good or bad, thjere isn't to much room for complaint with two 1-0 wins from two games.

Negative defensive football prevails these days anyway.

Plus for once the English public don't have expectations which is an added bonus. I actually think England have their best chance at winning a tournament in a very long time, probs since Euro 96. They won't though as Germany will win it.

Micah Richards ruled himself out. His own ego if you will said that he didn't want to be on the reserve list. Rio hasn't been called up for obvious reason's, but at the end of the day if Roy didn't want to call him up then its his choice. Who else other than Martin Kelly was he really meant to call up? Kelly is a very solid player and it isn't a bad call up, but I really can't think who else was available :confused:.

If it was Terry who had been ruled out then Ferdinand would have been called up. I'd bet my bottom dollar.

Must remember that Martin Kelly ws=asn't on the reserve list either........

Kelly was, that's why he played against Norway.

Richards ruled himself out because of WC2010 when he was dropped, said he didn't wanna be on a reserve list.

I'd pick Rio over that ****** Terry any day of the week. He's a vile man and a **** footballer.

Kelly was, that's why he played against Norway.

Richards ruled himself out because of WC2010 when he was dropped, said he didn't wanna be on a reserve list.

I'd pick Rio over that ****** Terry any day of the week. He's a vile man and a **** footballer.

Kelly played against Norway because we were short of defenders as the three Chelsea lads and Glen Johnson were unavailable. He wasn't on the initial reserve list, the defender who was was Phil Jagielka.

Kelly played against Norway because we were short of defenders as the three Chelsea lads and Glen Johnson were unavailable. He wasn't on the initial reserve list, the defender who was was Phil Jagielka.

Yes he was on the same list, Jagielka was just further up the list than him. You do know the list supposedly consists of 20 players right?

Plus Fergie said Rio can't play 2 games in a week anymore. Surely that's had a bearing on Woys selection?

All been said though, I'd have still took him.