Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

The reserve list had five players on it, and it was as follows;

Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, and Daniel Sturridge.

The BBC back me up.

The reserve list is different though so it doesn't back you up at all. Once Jagileka was called up from the Stand By list, the next defender on the reserve list is called up and put on the stand by list.

I thought you'd know that with Carrick been a Man Utd player and saying he'd be willing to go but only in an extreme case. Hence him been on bottom of the list. You can find the quote on sky about it :thup:

Club England MD Adrian Bevington said: “Michael will help in an extreme case.”

Cleon - I am training to be a full time teacher and I am currently doing a placement along with my course but I don't have a job in teaching as of yet. I am applying for jobs though. Why you ask?

Cleon - I am training to be a full time teacher and I am currently doing a placement along with my course but I don't have a job in teaching as of yet. I am applying for jobs though. Why you ask?

Because that's what my other half does and is looking for summet back up Newcastle/Gateshead way again seeing as we'll be in just under 2 weeks.You just been going through agencies and websites to apply?

Cleon - Yeah that's what I've mainly been doing. There tend to be a vast amount on the Council websites to, especially Newcastle and Sunderland.

Cleon - Yeah that's what I've mainly been doing. There tend to be a vast amount on the Council websites to, especially Newcastle and Sunderland.

Cool cheers.

Do you have to travel far for your placement? The other half had one but gave it up to move in with me other year.

Cleon - its about a 20 minute drive from where I live depending on traffic. Its a nice school whose reputation was quite poor but its been built up remarkably well in the last few years.

Cleon - its about a 20 minute drive from where I live depending on traffic. Its a nice school whose reputation was quite poor but its been built up remarkably well in the last few years.

You still live in Durham?

Cleon - yeah I still live in Durham. I'm actually in the process of moving to another part of Durham. Been shifting a few things today but we're actually moving on the 16th.

Cleon - yeah I still live in Durham. I'm actually in the process of moving to another part of Durham. Been shifting a few things today but we're actually moving on the 16th.

I move the 15th :D

You ever go into Newcastle or Gateshead much?

Make yourself unavailable, women soon change their tune then

That's easier said than done tbh. I don't talk to her often enough to be friendzoned enough. If that makes sense. Everytime we get talking, she doesn't give me a straight answer. It's what women do apparently. I just need to keep talking to her but make her think I'm awesome :D. It's taken me 6 months to figure this out. So wish I could go back and change time :(.

I know. However, that was then. Now, I'm not like that this time. I honestly couldn't give a ****(sorry) anymore. It all got dragged up last week by some guy from work. I'd learnt to control how I felt if that made sense and just let things go. But him going on about it and on about it and on about it brought it all back up. I don't regret telling her. I just regret how I went about it and how I acted. Obviously I can't change the past and first impressions and stuff are key. Also, she loves her ex too much imo. From everything that she's said, she'll never fully get over him. Which tbh, you can't knock. Being friends probably will have to do. I'll just have to learn for next time and learn from my mistakes.

No one likes rejection..............you jut have to learn to accet you GBF status with her.

I wouldn't dwell on it - you're a young man and have years ahead of you to ave sex and eventually find that one you want to settle down with.

I don't like rejection and usually when I get knocked back I crumble. The only time I haven't done that from what I remember was last summer when I got told that I wasn't ready to go on the management training programme at work. 4 weeks or so later I was told I was ready.

No-one likes rejection though, its not only just you. You seem to care to much what others think about you too. **** what people think, just be the person you wanna be and if people don't like that then so be it. If not age will catch up with you serious and you'll end up with a lot of regrets.

I'm not dwelling on it anymore. I'll still be friends with her and just accept my status :(:D. I'm not bothered about the sex part surprisingly. That'll come with time. I'm just old fashioned. Me and my mate, who was out last night are similar in many ways. We believe that women should be treated with respect. Unfortunately, most girls seem to prefer to be treated like crap. I don't know why though. Apparently a customer came in one time to work and told this girl she was a tease. She told me this in the taxi and said that she didn't see how she was. I said that I could see where the customer was coming from as there have been times when I've thought she did and then thought she didn't. But also said that blokes probably misread things(like me). She agreed. This was on the way home in the taxi. But I guess once a woman makes up her mind it's set for life.

Now onto the next one at work :D. I do hate town for meeting women. All of them have enough make up onto plaster my walls. I've been wary of laying my cards on the table ever since year 10 when things looked great but went tits up. So now I don't know whether to be open or not anymore. I'll probably go back to keeping my cards close to my chest and let the girls do the running if they like me.

No-one likes rejection though, its not only just you. You seem to care to much what others think about you too. **** what people think, just be the person you wanna be and if people don't like that then so be it. If not age will catch up with you serious and you'll end up with a lot of regrets.

I can't help it Cleon. I've always cared about what people think of me. It'll never change, I've tried. I don't know why I am like I am. I suppose that eventually something will crop up and I'll just think that this was a joke. At the moment I'll focus on work again.

Another girl who was out with us pretty much confessed her love for me. I don't like her though and never have done.

Cleon - if you mean in terms of drinking then no. I've turned into an old man so I don't go out ha. I sometimes go to Newcastle shopping with the mrs but its very rare that I ever go to Gateshead unless I am passing through. If I go shopping I usually go to the Metro Centre.

Nope, not one bit. Don't like her personality either.
personality is not particularly important, what mathers for a long term relationship is how long you can stand having sex with her

Cleon - if you mean in terms of drinking then no. I've turned into an old man so I don't go out ha. I sometimes go to Newcastle shopping with the mrs but its very rare that I ever go to Gateshead unless I am passing through. If I go shopping I usually go to the Metro Centre.

Metro is in Gateshead, I was on about shopping btw :)

I'll have to look out for you. As I'll be quite close to Metro :)

Do you go to Toon vs Pool games?

:D. I'll brush it off now. I've tried and failed twice whilst she hasn't been a relationship. Moving on. There are still 2 girls at work that I like. One likes someone else though and the other is a student :thdn:.

You know you can find women out side of work right?

You know you can find women out side of work right?

Yes, but going out round town, most women are plastered with enough make up to fix a wall. And I can't think of any other method of meeting women. I'm fairly unimaginative in trying to get to know women. I'm fairly inexperienced in all bases of the relationship game and don't have enough confidence to, on a night out approach a woman and get talking to them. I don't really have any interests in one night stands either. I know that sounds quite shocking for someone of my age. I'm also a fat git and I'm not the best looking either. I'm also fussy as well when I shouldn't be.

Yes, but going out round town, most women are plastered with enough make up to fix a wall. And I can't think of any other method of meeting women. I'm fairly unimaginative in trying to get to know women. I'm fairly inexperienced in all bases of the relationship game and don't have enough confidence to, on a night out approach a woman and get talking to them. I don't really have any interests in one night stands either. I know that sounds quite shocking for someone of my age. I'm also a fat git and I'm not the best looking either. I'm also fussy as well when I shouldn't be.

Don't pick them up in town then, there are local pubs, etc. And what the **** do you mean it's shocking that someone your age isn't interested in one night stands? Most of people your age aren't, only knobheads like Ty and Joe. (Sorry chaps). Also you don't have to be experienced regarding relationships to pick up women. At the end of the day everyone is inexperienced regarding relationships at one point.

And if you're a "fat git" do something about it for goodness sake rather than using it as an excuse.

Most people my age just want a shag. There are local pubs, but when everyone knows everyone pretty much lessens the chances. The inexperience I have is shocking though. I'm actually scared tbh :(.

I am planning on doing something about my weight. I've got a bet on with my personnel manager that I'll give up sweets and stuff and eat proper meals if she gives up the fags. I just need to do a little more excercise. But not sure what. I'm already fairly active at work. My weight has stayed the same or near enough the same for the past 2 years or so. One of the personnel assistants reckons that if I cut out the crap that I eat, the weight would drop off me. I've always been a fairly big lad though.

Nope, none of my mates are as they're older. I don't hang round with any mates from school now. I only keep in contact with 2 from school and that's minimal. Just the general impression I've got. My other mate from Pompey is a student and that's all he wants. But's he's become a bit of a twit now.

I'm sorry but they don't. If the people who around you are like that then you're hanging around the wrong people.

This.

Most of the stuff people your age talk about is 99% bollocks anyway. They just make things up and claim they've had this conquest and that one. When really the likelhood is they haven't. Like Tom says it's only idiots who claism that's all they wanna do have 1 night stands.

Most people that age just like to give the impression that they want to just shag when nearly all of them would jump at the chance of a relationship. A one night stand at that age means a few minutes of sex a relationship at that age means a whole load of sex.

This.

Most of the stuff people your age talk about is 99% bollocks anyway. They just make things up and claim they've had this conquest and that one. When really the likelhood is they haven't. Like Tom says it's only idiots who claism that's all they wanna do have 1 night stands.

Tom is always right. Well established fact if I remember correctly?