Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed i do. I only discovered it last week aswell!

My observations are spot on. :cool:

Croatia were brilliant last night. Getting out of work early for the match tonight and I am hitting the boozer.

Will be watching.

I disagree, not necessarily with your team, but the fact that it picks itself.

There are decisions to make on both flanks with Walcott/Milner and Downing/Chamberlain (could perhaps argue Young) and then up front in Carroll/Welbeck.

Although, I think you may be right with your prediction.

I hate my lack of ability to remember loads of things now :(. The other day, I was going to listen to a song on youtube and it had another song and artist as the advert before this song. This song in the advert sounded good, but I can't remember who the artist was or what the song was called :(. I don't think he's had a chart hit yet. Or that he's well known.

There are decisions to make on both flanks with Walcott/Milner and Downing/Chamberlain (could perhaps argue Young) and then up front in Carroll/Welbeck.

Milner's work rate gets him in. Chamberlain has looked sharp in his 2 appearances for England thus far, so I reckon he's the obvious choice over a mediocre Downing. Young has been our best player in the 2 games playing just off a striker, so he's starting there rather than on the wing. And Welbeck's neat finish against Belgium means he'll get the nod to start. Carroll will feature though I'd imagine, around the 60 minutes mark. Just seems obvious to me.

Milner as to play against France there is not another option. Ribery on the left will be too dangerous, so Milners job will be to mark him and sacrifice his own attacking play. Hence why he was probably the first name on the team sheet.

Milner as to play against France there is not another option. Ribery on the left will be too dangerous, so Milners job will be to mark him and sacrifice his own attacking play. Hence why he was probably the first name on the team sheet.

I agree. I was just saying how there are still decisions to be made, although, that particular one seems rather common-sense and for this game I should have perhaps left it out. Hodgson would be a fool to play someone like Walcott on Ribery's flank. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Ribery switch to the right throughout the game if we go with Chamberlain to exploit the space, although I'm sure he'd much rather be running at Johnson than Cole.

I agree. I was just saying how there are still decisions to be made, although, that particular one seems rather common-sense and for this game I should have perhaps left it out. Hodgson would be a fool to play someone like Walcott on Ribery's flank. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Ribery switch to the right throughout the game if we go with Chamberlain to exploit the space, although I'm sure he'd much rather be running at Johnson than Cole.

Ox and Milner will change too imo

Got the Game of Thrones game by Cyanide Studio.

Games starts with the intro music from the fabulous HBO series and I start getting excited...

... but dear or dear... what a waste of a great IP it is. Utter turd of a game. Awful graphics, awful controls, awful dialogue... possibly the worst action/adventure game I've played for some time. :(

Tom, have you read the football forum thread yet. Loads of them are saying it wasn't good :confused:.

Just had a read. But as I knew already, most of those over in the FF are stupid.

That was a solid performance and gives us an excellent base to build on.

If any Englishman isn't happy with that perofrmance tonight, then they should be starved of oxygen.

Not particularly disappointed with the result, but also wasn't impressed with the way England played.

That said, that's how Woy teams play and to be honest, England just haven't the quality to be more adventurous, or play "pretty" football.

Was baffled at how England managed to pick up the yellow cards, but nothing for France. Referee was pretty crap though and certainly seemed to favour France.

Have been laughing with my Spanish friends though, about Spanish referees. They all agree, Spanish national team is great, have some great teams and players in La Liga, but the referees here have to be amongst the worst there are.. Opening game, Spanish ref... awful decisions, cards and a penalty. I pity any teams that get a Spanish referee, I really do, having watched their ineptitude all season long.

Hello mate!

Life's great, in fact better than that. Yesterday was my girlfriends birthday and I asked her to marry me and she said YES. So basically very very very happy!

Hope you and the family are well mate?

Moaning about another team out passing us. Good grief.

The fact of the matter is that that was always going to happen, hence why we came up with a tactical plan that, for the most part, worked. Thankfully Hodgson understands our limitations, and doesn't expect us to play in a style that would see us get destroyed.

As for saying the team is "horrible", frankly that is embarrassing. Even by your standards.

EDIT - Oh and congratulations on getting engaged. :brock:

Looks like people think England are a creative force and actually think we can play better when we the facts are we can't........

People keep shocking me about how little they actually understand football though.

The team are horrible. Like Hodgson, I understand the teams limitations, it's a horrible team with virtually zero flair or creativity, hence the Chelsea style anti football that we now have to endure.

And, Cleon, I totally understand that the team can't play any better than Hodgson has them set up to do. That's just a depressing fact.

This term "anti football", i still don't get it. Who decided which is the right and which is the wrong way to play?

In my eyes, conceding possession and waiting for a set piece or lucky break is anti football and lets face it, I'm in charge so what I say goes.

In my eyes, conceding possession and waiting for a set piece or lucky break is anti football and lets face it, I'm in charge so what I say goes.

Actually what I say goes, I'm incharge :cool:

The fact is, good passing, good creativity and good play very rarely prevails anyways. If that was the case Arsenal would have been the most dominant side in England for the past 10 years. And Holland would have been World Champions 10 times. Good football doesn't work and by good football I mean that is pleasing on the eyes.

Doesn't matter how you win aslong as you win. Any proper football fan would accept that.

Tottenham fans just as Arsenal fans; "we never do anything, but atleast we do it the 'correct' way".

I'm guessing you'd rather us come fourth in the group playing the percieved "proper way" than get through to the next round playing a less dynamic way than the likes of France. Silly Spurs fan is silly. :brock:

Indeed Cleon, the last thing you said. If, and it's a big if. We go onto win this tournament, most of those who have been critiscising how we have played, will be going on about how it was a great idea to play that way etc etc. Hypocrites. Not edgar though. He strikes me as being a man who sticks to his word. So he'd probably say we're still ****. I think deep down he's still annoyed that England didn't want Harry :D. If we had got him, good god. I'd have expected us to have been hammered 5-0 yesterday.

Are you suggesting I'm not a proper football fan Cleon? Cos I take offence at that. And I really don't want to take offence at you. But I will if I have to. And it's not like Spain haven't proven you can win with pretty football.

And yes tom, I am one of those Spurs fans who want to see football played in the 'right way' or the 'Spurs way' if you will. As for if I'd prefer England to come 4th playing the right way, I'm really not sure I care enough about England to be bothered about that.

I've never hidden my opinion on how I want to see football played as NF rightly points out. I'm not about to change now. If England win the tournament in the style they set out yesterday then fair play to them but I sure won't be jumping for joy about the style it's achieved in.

Anyway I'm not gonna argue with you lot, I'm just gonna enjoy my new engaged status and ignore you all.

Hello mate!

Life's great, in fact better than that. Yesterday was my girlfriends birthday and I asked her to marry me and she said YES. So basically very very very happy!

Hope you and the family are well mate?

Congrats dude. :cool:

I'm invited of course? Together with Cleon, Heath, SRL and Tom I presume? Just put Ronseal on our table and we will do our thing. Thank you.

What the **** is going on here. How can anyone sit there and complain. We all went into this tournamet noyt expecting much and why should we. Hodgson hasn't been in the job 2 minutes so he can't work wonders. We played to OUR strengths last night and not to France's. If we went into the gsme and played a neat passing game we would have been beat comprehensively. The fact that we limited France to shots from distance is a fantastic thing defensively. They couldn't break us down and we were so resolute in defence. I don't take this **** of the right way to play. Do you think Chelsea cared how they played football against 0barca and Bayern? No. At the end of the day, winning is all that matters and I could happily sit and watch England play the most boring football on earth and win every game 1-0 in this tournament because if we do, guess what, we win the European Championships!!!