Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I think head-to-head is above GD in determining who qualifies if teams are level on points. If Holland beat Portugal and Germany beat Denmark, the head-to-head will be all equal I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012

Yeah which is when GD comes into play? Holland would need to score more goals because Denmark have scored 3 goals so far compared to Hollands 1?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

SRL - Olympic tourch in Durham on Saturday, does that mean it impacts the time you move due to road closures etc?

Yeah I know errrrgh. It is going through the village I currently live in and the one I am moving to during the move. If my thinking is correct then it is going to be in the latter part of the afternoon so if we get things moved then we will miss it hopefully.

What's the best betting website? Never put one on before but wouldn't mind putting a couple of quid on here and there :)

I always find William Hill very easy to follow. Coral isnt to bad either, it just depends what offers you the better prices.

Yeah which is when GD comes into play? Holland would need to score more goals because Denmark have scored 3 goals so far compared to Hollands 1?

Yeah, it would be GD and then the amount of goals scored against each other

No as they still need to win

Yeah, Ruud Gullit was talking absolute rubbish yesterday saying that Germany will try not to go all out for the win so that Holland gets eliminated. I think they still want to ensure they win to make sure that they are in the quarters. Because if Denmark beat them and Portugal beat Netherlands, there is still a mathematical chance Germany could go out.

Who? Never heard of him. Or it must be that guy that was last in the championship prediction thread. :cool:

Haha. Where he belongs then :p.

Just a couple of childish comments made on his part.

I had them down to go out of the comp. with 0 points. I know.

Really?

I just think that their 3-5-2 approach will pay dividends with it being a bit of a rarity in modern international football. A lot of teams won't have played against such a system too often and that poses an advantage in itself.

I think Italy will draw their remaining two games to be honest.

At present I think in one two order it will go:

Group A: Russia, Poland

Group B: Germany, Portugal

Group C: Spain, Croatia

Group D: England, Ukraine

Just have a sneaky feeling that Ukraine will get the better of France and lose to us.

I think Italy will draw their remaining two games to be honest.

At present I think in one two order it will go:

Group A: Russia, Poland

Group B: Germany, Portugal

Group C: Spain, Croatia

Group D: England, Ukraine

Just have a sneaky feeling that Ukraine will get the better of France and lose to us.

Big calls in no France or Italy. Although I'm not disputing your France prediction, they weren't very threatening against us but I would still be surprised if they didn't get through.

I think Croatia will draw with Italy, and then I also see Ireland nicking a 2-2 draw as well.

As for France, I can see Ukraine scoring a late goal to win 2-1 which will see them qualify, and then we beat Ukraine 1-0 in our final game. Although I wouldnt be shocked in the slightest if this turned out to be wrong.

I think Croatia will draw with Italy, and then I also see Ireland nicking a 2-2 draw as well.

As for France, I can see Ukraine scoring a late goal to win 2-1 which will see them qualify, and then we beat Ukraine 1-0 in our final game. Although I wouldnt be shocked in the slightest if this turned out to be wrong.

I like your predictions, but don't think I agree. Although, ROI getting a draw wouldn't shock me too much but I still fancy Spain, 3-0.

By Ireland nicking a draw, I mean against Italy, not Spain. I think Spain will completely dominate Ireland but just wont be clinical infront of goal. 2-0 max I think in that game.

My brother won't sell me his PS3 :(. It's over a year old, but he's only used it 2 or 3 times. He seems insistent that he'll get more than what I'm offering for it if he takes it in to a shop. My mum's also said that she doesn't think he'll get much for it. It's a newer model and mines nearly 4 years old. I was also trying to use my business mind as I was going to sell my PS3 to my mum as a Blu-Ray Player :D.

So do i, but i'm only here until 4.30pm, so dont have long to go.

Im here till 5, locking up, then pick the mrs up at half 5, then back home and more packing :(.

Just wish the next week or two would hurry up so I can actually settle down when I get in from work.

Im here till 5, locking up, then pick the mrs up at half 5, then back home and more packing :(.

Just wish the next week or two would hurry up so I can actually settle down when I get in from work.

The lack of FM time is deplorable. Get your priorities sorted man!!

The lack of FM time is deplorable. Get your priorities sorted man!!

I really should. I feel like I am letting everyone down with my lack of updates in my career thread :p.