Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

So apart from a Footballing Family buying the club, what benefits will Watford receive being affiliated with Udinese and Granada?

Sexy football :D

ps. Just found you on Facebook, wasn't even looking for you like but you was there still lol!

Barely use Facebook these days to be honest. Mostly seems to be folk I went to school with, prattling on about what their eating, etc... useless crap like that.

You'll regularly find me on Twitter though, yabbering in English or Spanish... sometimes about Football Manager with Cleon and others recently.

Sexy football :D

Barely use Facebook these days to be honest. Mostly seems to be folk I went to school with, prattling on about what their eating, etc... useless crap like that.

You'll regularly find me on Twitter though, yabbering in English or Spanish... sometimes about Football Manager with Cleon and others recently.

Was going to add you but I saw that you only had 97 friends so I knew that I would've been rejected anyway, I don't use Twitter lol never mind.

I shall not go into how many times they've had to reduce the capacity due to safety reasons then :D. It's back up to full capacity now isn't it?

I don't think so but I know that now we own it again that we are working on it being back up to 10K not like we need it like that though lol! Even got a sponsorship name now as well... Capital One Stadium, I preferred Field Mill :)

I don't have Twitter. I've been considering about getting it, but the fact I very rarely post on Facebook and wouldn't know what the hell to talk about on Twitter. It seems pointless.

In the same boat, I only have Facebook so the people who don't have my number can stay in contact!

Also, regarding Twitter, I love it! Even when not tweeting, it's good to see what other people have to say, etc. Mainly follow footballers and sports journalists, so don't get any of this Bieber crap on my timeline thank god. I can't see how anyone can hate Twitter, if people bore you, unfollow, simples :)

This is okay for the english FA?

Haven't got a clue, but I know now that since the mess at Notts County that everyone that gets involved with a English Football Club has to go through extensive background checks. We'll have to wait and see what the English FA have to say.

I don't have Twitter. I've been considering about getting it, but the fact I very rarely post on Facebook and wouldn't know what the hell to talk about on Twitter. It seems pointless.

I find Twitter has been quite useful. Mainly for me keeping in touch with people in the football world, such as players, coaches or other football writers. I Speak to a lot of Granada CF fans through Twitter too. Ultimately, I'm "following" things I'm particularly interested in and sometimes pick up some useful information.

Facebook was more of a "novelty" for me, that I quickly got bored with.

Well Heath looks like the takeover has been finalised and it seems now Watford are apart of the Pozzo family.

Interesting times ahead :)

This is okay for the english FA?
Haven't got a clue, but I know now that since the mess at Notts County that everyone that gets involved with a English Football Club has to go through extensive background checks. We'll have to wait and see what the English FA have to say.
It's fine, it's only a conflict if they all play in the same competition i.e Europe. Then UEFA get involved.

What Cleon said.

Mind you, would be interesting to see what would happen in that scenario. Most likely any time soon, would be if Granada qualified for Europe. Whilst I can't see this happening in the next few seasons, they're growing steadily and tight as the Spanish league usually is beneath Real Madrid and Barcelona, you couldn't rule it out either. Don't know if there's any precedent for clubs of different countries, who are owned by one person or group, having met in Europe before?

Can't have the same person or group involved in more than one team, in any of the divisions in England, as far as I'm aware. Somewhat different in Spain. Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz owned Málaga CF, whilst at the same time, his sons were presidents or directors at other Spanish clubs, such as Granada, Recreativo, Cádiz, Almería...

May have changed slightly, as I know had Granada been relegated to Segunda and Cádiz won promotion, Granada president Quique Pina would have had to choose one or the other. Can't have two clubs with the same people involved as directors or owners, in the same division now.

The way Granada are being run is a good sign for Watford though. Granada are one of too few clubs in Spanish football, who are debt free. At the moment, I'm wondering if Gino Pozzo will have a more "hands-on" role at Watford, or appoint someone to run the club in his stead.

How much did he pay for Watford and do they have a lot of debt?

No idea all that the papers have got that he wants to put in £15m into the club now that he has brought it. Whether that's player's, staff or facilities we shall see.

I wouldn't put exact figures on things yet, but I think Watford can be assured, any debts they have will be cleared. That was the very first thing the Pozzo family did at Granada when they arrived.

I read a statement from the Watford Supporters Trust this morning, that was pretty laughable. Can understand certain doubts they might have, but seriously, the club is in good hands with the Pozzo family and they will look to develop the club and back them towards the Premier League. After all, it's in their interests too, to have three clubs, playing in three of the top leagues in Europe. They are football people, which is much more than can be said of many owners of clubs.

Interesting was the speculation that they might bring in Zola as manager.

I wouldn't put exact figures on things yet, but I think Watford can be assured, any debts they have will be cleared. That was the very first thing the Pozzo family did at Granada when they arrived.

I read a statement from the Watford Supporters Trust this morning, that was pretty laughable. Can understand certain doubts they might have, but seriously, the club is in good hands with the Pozzo family and they will look to develop the club and back them towards the Premier League. After all, it's in their interests too, to have three clubs, playing in three of the top leagues in Europe. They are football people, which is much more than can be said of many owners of clubs.

Interesting was the speculation that they might bring in Zola as manager.

I think it is good to have football people in charge of a football club, they tend to do things the right way. Also I think that Zola will be a good choice :)

I read the statement you mention Heath, and as you say, laughable.

They clearly haven't done any research into how Granada have been run in the past three years, and instead make it sound like Watford will be turned into nothing more than a feeder club for Udinese, which is piffle.

I read the statement you mention Heath, and as you say, laughable.

They clearly haven't done any research into how Granada have been run in the past three years, and instead make it sound like Watford will be turned into nothing more than a feeder club for Udinese, which is piffle.

Any links to it mate, I want to have a read... :)

I'd love to have the Granada owners in charge of Forest. They look to buy players and sell them on. It'd also be useful for some of the youngsters to come to England and 'beef up' if they need to. That said, if some of these youngsters, well the first few didn't adapt, then it could put some of the others after joining if that makes sense.

Forest will have to make do with this rich Kuwaiti guy hopefully whose wife is part of the Kuwaiti ruling family and they're worth between $100 biliion and $250 billion :D.

Mind you, would be interesting to see what would happen in that scenario. Most likely any time soon, would be if Granada qualified for Europe. Whilst I can't see this happening in the next few seasons, they're growing steadily and tight as the Spanish league usually is beneath Real Madrid and Barcelona, you couldn't rule it out either. Don't know if there's any precedent for clubs of different countries, who are owned by one person or group, having met in Europe before?

It happened aeround 2004 I think in Russia. UEFA have rules against this now and you can only have 1 team compete in the competition. So in Granada, Udinese and Watfords case if all 3 of them were in Europe only 1 of them would be allowed entry.

I'd love to have the Granada owners in charge of Forest. They look to buy players and sell them on. It'd also be useful for some of the youngsters to come to England and 'beef up' if they need to. That said, if some of these youngsters, well the first few didn't adapt, then it could put some of the others after joining if that makes sense.

Forest will have to make do with this rich Kuwaiti guy hopefully whose wife is part of the Kuwaiti ruling family and they're worth between $100 biliion and $250 billion :D.

If I asked my wife to lend me some family fortune I know exactly what would happen, something along the lines of "You can see the kids at weekends!"

It happened aeround 2004 I think in Russia. UEFA have rules against this now and you can only have 1 team compete in the competition. So in Granada, Udinese and Watfords case if all 3 of them were in Europe only 1 of them would be allowed entry.

I think this is wrong to be fair. I mean apparently Roman Abramovich has two clubs, he just used a front, and if this is true then he did that because of this rule. Why not let someone own more than one team in a European competition, if he/she can afford it then let them do it, it's coming out of their pockets in the end of the day. And if he/she succeeds then to me that's good business.