Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I think this is wrong to be fair. I mean apparently Roman Abramovich has two clubs, he just used a front, and if this is true then he did that because of this rule. Why not let someone own more than one team in a European competition, if he/she can afford it then let them do it, it's coming out of their pockets in the end of the day. And if he/she succeeds then to me that's good business.

Its wrong? How is it wrong stopping someone from cheating and allowing a certain team to get a result etc so his other team can progress? Please, sorry to be blunt but anyone who thinks this is fine either haven't thought about the implications or are plain....

And Red Bull isn't the same, its a franchise not a sole owner.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Red Bull? Don't they own more than one club in Europe? I know they own a few around the world.

They have their hands in everything, but yeah same point I was making, why not just let them! Their money to blow isn't it!

Its wrong? How is it wrong stopping someone from cheating and allowing a certain team to get a result etc so his other team can progress? Please, sorry to be blunt but anyone who thinks this is fine either haven't thought about the implications or are plain....

And Red Bull isn't the same, its a franchise not a sole owner.

I know where you are coming from with your point but so longs as they treat their clubs equal it should be fine, any dodgy goings on will be found out anyway. RedBull is still owned/run by Dietrich Mateschitz and all purchases have to go through him... He still has the say so...

I know where you are coming from with your point but so longs as they treat their clubs equal it should be fine, any dodgy goings on will be found out anyway. RedBull is still owned/run by Dietrich Mateschitz and all purchases have to go through him... He still has the say so...

No the Red Bull ones are different. He sells someone the Red Bull name, once they do he has no say in how the company is run or any involvment in it. He just recieves money for allowing someone to use the name. It's totally different.

And how can you prove something was done equally or fairly? It's all too easy to throw a result and you cannot prove how legitimate the result is. Not everyone would exploit it but a lot would and its hard to police and would cost UEFA millions. So they do the right thing and just don't allow it full stop. How can you prove someone played well and got a win compared to someone played bad and you got a win? You cannot police stuff like that.

Fluke results do happen but imagine if one of these happened between someone who owned both clubs and it meant knocking another team out of the group stages etc?

Plus for the ban to happen he'd have to have a 50% or more stake in each club. Anything lower and they'd be fine.

Spurs and Slavia Prague had a simliar issue in 2006 but it was okay in the end as Slavia's chairman had sold majority of his 93% stake in the club so no longer owned them and Spurs. As he was also invested by the ENIC group.

I have just got back from the pub and realised one thing from tonight...............England fans are ****ing stupid.

Not understanding how the game is played and calling for Walcott to start etc?

I wanted Walcott to start. But that's because Milner looks shot and has done since he got taken off after the first game.

People just don't understand his role and the importance to the team that's all. Although today yeah I'll admit he was poor. The first 2 games he wasn't and did the job he was asked to do.

He was good against France. He was ok against Sweden. But as you've said, he did what was asked. I don't mind that. He just looks knackered.

Milner could go on forever, great energy and workrate. Tonight he covered more miles than anyone else. Ran 3.9 miles.

How did it go mate? All sorted now?

I was hoping we'd get Spain truth be told :(

Yeah we're all sorted. Pretty much unpacked everything as well which I am delighted about. Me & my girlfriend need a wardrobe for our room which we are getting Friday so we can get all our clothes in there over the week-end.

Yeah we're all sorted. Pretty much unpacked everything as well which I am delighted about. Me & my girlfriend need a wardrobe for our room which we are getting Friday so we can get all our clothes in there over the week-end.

We need chestofdrawers which we'll get either tomorrow or Thursday. ****ing hate untidyness :(

Not understanding how the game is played and calling for Walcott to start etc?

Basically yes.

All I've heard in the pub during the first two games is people moaning about out percieved long ball style. Tonight we actually tried to play controlled football, which I actually think worked for the most part, and yet people are then shouting about how we should "get the ball forward quicker" and moaning that it's boring.

Well which bloody way do you want it? Morons.

Basically yes.

All I've heard in the pub during the first two games is people moaning about out percieved long ball style. Tonight we actually tried to play controlled football, which I actually think worked for the most part, and yet people are then shouting about how we should "get the ball forward quicker" and moaning that it's boring.

Well which bloody way do you want it? Morons.

Because 99% of people are uneducated when it comes to football and don't actually understand what they are watching or why a team as to play a certain style. I bet if you asked a pub full of lads who supported England and watched the game to tell you the roles of the players, you'd be lucky if 4 got it right and knew what they're supposed to be doing.

Because 99% of people are uneducated when it comes to football and don't actually understand what they are watching or why a team as to play a certain style. I bet if you asked a pub full of lads who supported England and watched the game to tell you the roles of the players, you'd be lucky if 4 got it right and knew what they're supposed to be doing.

Well yes, there is that.

We need chestofdrawers which we'll get either tomorrow or Thursday. ****ing hate untidyness :(

Tell me about it. We have two sets of drawers filled with clothes now, and we have had to borrow a travel wardrobe off my Mam & Dad so that we can get some stuff put away.

Other than that, we still have a couple of boxes full of clothes :(.

Looks like it. :p

Speaking if which, I'll be at the press conference tomorrow at Granada CF, as they present their new manager, Anquela. Suspect there may be some official news about one or two player signings too. Hope so anyway.

It's my mums birthday Saturday and I still haven't got her a card or a present. It'll be easy to get the card but the present may be tough. My dads in the same position. We've asked her but she says surprise her. But I'm out of surprises.

A sextoy of some sorts?

HB Tom. :brock:
Many happy returns Tom :thup:.

You're both 364 days early.

Is that reason for been in a state last weekend?

Na that was just a quiet drink that got out of hand. Bloody peopl kept coming in the pub just as i was going to leave.

Things could have gone so wrong today at work. A mate, went and told the girl I liked that I was fond of her. She said don't encourage him. He said I'm not, I'm trying to encourage you to go sit on his face. Or something along those lines.

Brilliant!