Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

That Cleon is where you are wrong. Rumours around the internet were that he wanted to purchase 100% of a club. There were 2 that he was interested in. QPR and Forest. QPR only offered 30% so he went with us where he's probably going to get 100%. Obviously different internet sites have different stories.

No I'm not wrong. He pulled out at the last minute. Now he would have known the % of the club he was buying before even bidding. If you believe he didn't then you are the rest are naive. How could he have bid or put an offer in when he didn't know what he was buying? The fact is, he used that as an excuse to pull out of the deal.

I'd just be wary of him and what he says until it's all sealed.

Better Investments? How so. Better attendances for Leeds but not sure on Sheffield Wednesday. I can't think of any other clubs which would be a better buy tbh

Owls get 30k+ attendances.

We have more history. Rumours was he was also interested in Leeds. Leeds are in talks with some other Middle East Consortium/French Guy. Mandaric probably won't sell Sheffield Wednesday yet.

History means nothing though does it. Especially when buying/selling football clubs. All people are bothered about is making a fast return to top flight to make the real money.

And Mandaric would glady sell Wednesday. He'd sell anything for a profit.

Obviously not set in stone yet. Not guaranteed that anything will happen or that it'll be good. The fact is, we need a new owner and if we don't get one soon, we'll go into admin.

I'm always very wary of these foreign investors. look what happened to Pompey with their owner.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

btw he wants Warnock as your next manager too. If anyone is capable of getting you promoted its him.

Problem for Warnock is keeping a team in the Premiership when they get there.

I've always been very wary. I've heard he went in for the bid and only got told he could buy 30% which is why he pulled out. I'm not being funny, but at this present moment, we need someone to buy the club. I'd love it to be a rich enough Forest fan like Doughty was. However, there aren't many of them around.

I know we're debt free sort of. We only really owe Doughty's estate money. Obviously depending on what was said in the will, will depend on how much we get sold for. I can't imagine Doughty's estate have asked for a lot of money back because we owed him £75m-£100m. Which we definitely not worth. So I'd obviously guess that it would be a figure that the estate are happy with. I doubt we'd ever find out how much we get sold for if we get sold but that's football.

cms has posted a link to a tweet from as supposed fan of Fawaz's old club and has said that he doesn't like to spend large amounts of money and doesn't expect a return from his money that he's invested. Hopefully that's true.

btw he wants Warnock as your next manager too. If anyone is capable of getting you promoted its him.

The only reason he wants Warnock is because Palladini is apparently involved as well :(. I haven't got a problem with Warnock becoming the new manager if we get taken over. It obviously depends on whether Leeds get taken over and whether they want to keep Warnock or whether he wants to stay. I'd expect he does. I'd like Cotterill to be given a chance but fear he won't be.

Unlucky with Sheffield United and well tbh with QPR, I reckon he'd have kept them up. Hughes only just kept them up.

he's only had 1 chance and it went down to final day. But had Steven Gerrard not dived and got a pen opening day or season we'd have stayed up. If West Ham had not played an inelligible player then we'd have stayed up. He did really well with us in all honesty and only bad luck and cheating got us relegated.

As for his time at QPR he could have kept them up too but didn't get the chance.

cms has posted a link to a tweet from as supposed fan of Fawaz's old club and has said that he doesn't like to spend large amounts of money and doesn't expect a return from his money that he's invested. Hopefully that's true.

If that's true then he is a **** businessman. Good luck :D

**** businessman, possibly. But considering he's worth(rumours) between £250m and £1bn. I don't think it matters tbh. Add that to the fact that he's married to a woman who is apart of the Kuwaiti Ruling Family who are apparently worth between 100bn and 250bn US dollars(I think it's US and again rumours). Which would make that at about £50bn ish.

Doughty often ploughed money into the club. And had it not been for him, we'd have been screwed most seasons. He was a very good businessmen but did it for the love of the club. I don't think he ever expected a return on his investment in the club.

Never got a pizza at the end of a night out and not eaten it all before you went to sleep? Warm it up, saves a bit of food and money.

You misunderstood.

I was meaning I wouldn't eat a breakfast pizza, not that I wouldn't eat pizza for breakfast.

bies im bored was gonna start a thread about what team you would never manage and why? shall i do it in here or were is the best forum for it?

Already been done many times in General

Yep, she's my best friend. Lived with me for years, even before my missu did. Though having said that, I didn't actually know the missus when she, (my friend), moved in.

Your missus and her get on well? :)

Yep, become good friends................result!

And before anyone asks; no, we've never had a threesome.

haha I wasn't going that route.

Makes a change though as a lot would be jealous and not happy with the situation. It's good that didn't happen to you though :cool:

You misunderstood.

I was meaning I wouldn't eat a breakfast pizza, not that I wouldn't eat pizza for breakfast.

Ah okay. I've never heard of breakfast pizza in that case.

And before anyone asks; no, we've never had a threesome.
haha I wasn't going that route.

I was. You should casually slip it into conversation as a joke, see what the reaction's like...

I was. You should casually slip it into conversation as a joke, see what the reaction's like...

It's normally lincolnshire/cumberland sausage, smoky bacon, toms, cheese and some places even put egg on. It's not very nice

Yeah its quite sunny here to....for now!!

Heading to the Metro today Cleon :(.

haha was going to ask what you was upto today. Some of it was still shut yesterday, lower blue mall I think.

You been in the Handmade Burger Company? If not then I recommend it for your dinner.

haha was going to ask what you was upto today. Some of it was still shut yesterday, lower blue mall I think.

You been in the Handmade Burger Company? If not then I recommend it for your dinner.

Yeah we are. Have to go and get my girlfriends daughter a dress for a wedding we're going to in a few weeks. Bhs is where we are going which I believe is in the red or green mall.

I havent been there for anything to eat before. Is that in the food court? We will be having something to eat up there like. Have to say, I am not looking forward to it. Hate the Metro Centre at the best of time, nevermind a Saturday. To many people and everyone walking like zombies.

Yeah we are. Have to go and get my girlfriends daughter a dress for a wedding we're going to in a few weeks. Bhs is where we are going which I believe is in the red or green mall.

I havent been there for anything to eat before. Is that in the food court? We will be having something to eat up there like. Have to say, I am not looking forward to it. Hate the Metro Centre at the best of time, nevermind a Saturday. To many people and everyone walking like zombies.

Yeah it's bang next to Odeon upstairs morealess.

It is a ****** place to go though. I love Monday nights because its absolutely dead.

My 9 year old has a few Knat bites that have become infected. Adviced she needs anti biotics. Now we have to sit in the walk in centre all day.

Walk in centre here you're in for like 20 mins max.

Well neither had I until NF mentioned it.

Haha I knoew either you or Ty would come out with something like that.

It's normally lincolnshire/cumberland sausage, smoky bacon, toms, cheese and some places even put egg on. It's not very nice

A bit harsh putting people with the name "Tom" on a pizza. :(

Time you going? You drive there or catch train?

I drove up. Back home now. Got my girlfriend and her two kids a pair of shoes each and thats it. We were there for 4 hours :mad:.

Just been reading the first 2 pages of your career thread SRL. I like :thup:

SRL likes this :brock:.

I live like less than 5 mins from the Metro, shudda come here and sat all afternoon instead of shopping :D

Send your other half with my mrs so I can avoid the place :brock:.

Used to work at JJB Sports back in my college days. Have mixed feelings towards the place. Made some great friends but the customers were generally *****.

That's retail for you though SRL. Most customers think they're god's gift and look down at you as if they're much better than you. It's part and parcel of the retail world unfortunately.

It's no different than staff been ignorant though and not willing to be helpful is it?