Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Will somebody please give me some credit for my bike ride please?

I tell the missus and she just says well done in a monotone voice. She says well done , but I get the impression she isn't at all impressed. I'm no lance Armstrong , sure, but I have done 58 miles in the last 6 days.

That must count for something, right guys?

McCarthy is anything but dull. He is old school and tells it like it is. If anything I think it's refreshing.

Are this forest lot going to be pumping money in man city style? If so, I have a funny feeling redknapp will be there.

Just completed 15 miles in 55 mins on the bike, who's the daddy?

I love it when cleon bites. The rvp one a few days back got me chuckling. Me saying they had worked out the calculations really got you going, how I laughed.

No it didn't get me going, I just like to point out when someone posts claiming something is fact when it clearly isn't. I call it educating the less fortunate.

I never bite, no need, i'd just ban :applause:

Has anyone seen Milner about at all recently? Hasn't posted in here for ages.

Saw him at the Euros.

Brilliant. I'd be like Harry Redknapp. Simple tactics and a wheeler dealer :D.

Or like everything else you'd get bored and quit at the first obstacle?

McCarthy will get the job anyways.

You don't really have that much money to spend either do you? As you can't spend more than your turnover. Infact read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17841566

While it doesn't come into force until 2014 season it states you can only invest £6 million this season. So that means whatever you spend this season on players you cannot make a loss of more than £6 million. So if you spent £30 million like some of your fans claim then you'd have to hope you made the other £24 million up in revenue, which you wouldn't.

I'm not expecting us to spend that much. However, what's to say we won't do a Man City and get our stadium sponsored? Investment in facilities isn't a problem which means, that we could now go for category one. Rumours are we will go for it now.

The Al-Hasawi's have many fingers in many pies. What's to say they won't use a friend's business/one of their own to sponsor our stadium for a few seasons to cover out shortfall? If we get punished for it, then Man City would have to be as well. There are many ways round it Cleon.

That new rule for league one and two, well it's going to make relegation from the championship a bit easier to deal with , and create a two tier league one. Those with 20 k plus attendances , and the rest.

The rest are in the majority in that league.

They would just sponsor the stadium or whatever , I'm sure there's a handy little work around.

You could just ban people ? Just like that ? Wow, you are so powerful. Swoon

na na na na hey, na na na na hey

hey hey hey

goodbye

na na na na hey, na na na na hey,

hey hey hey

goodbye

hey hey, hey hey hey

goodbye

Also, in that article, it says that anything of a loss for promoted sides will result in fines to pay. What's to say, they won't spend some money and take the fines. Also, non promoted clubs who make a loss will just be put under a transfer embargo. So spending a building a good squad now, well wouldn't be a problem. As I said. Many ways around it.

I'm not expecting us to spend that much. However, what's to say we won't do a Man City and get our stadium sponsored? Investment in facilities isn't a problem which means, that we could now go for category one. Rumours are we will go for it now.

The Al-Hasawi's have many fingers in many pies. What's to say they won't use a friend's business/one of their own to sponsor our stadium for a few seasons to cover out shortfall? If we get punished for it, then Man City would have to be as well. There are many ways round it Cleon.

Stadium sponsorship wouldn't cover the shortfall though and stadium money isn't classed as 'revenue' from what I understand?

Saying what I just said I take it back as I've just read that post from Cleon. Looks like no matter how rich they are they are only allowed to invest a certain ammount.

Also, in that article, it says that anything of a loss for promoted sides will result in fines to pay. What's to say, they won't spend some money and take the fines. Also, non promoted clubs who make a loss will just be put under a transfer embargo. So spending a building a good squad now, well wouldn't be a problem. As I said. Many ways around it.

Not as many as people claim. It's only avoidable if you have a massive following. Which you don't.

Stadium sponsorship wouldn't cover the shortfall though and stadium money isn't classed as 'revenue' from what I understand?

It is if you own the staduim I think, not to sure on it though.

I read somewhere that teams only have to show that they are trying to cut costs so if Man City sell a few fringe players who are on big wages then it is showing that they are trying to cut costs.

Well if Stadium sponsorship isn't allowed or included. Then Man City best get selling their players. I call dibs on Kompany :D.

Isn't that why City have to sell before they buy? Hence why they have to offload Adebayor before they can get RVP?

Sponsorship does count but you don't get it in a lump sum. Whatever fee you get will be spread over 20 years or something. So if you have a stadium sponsor of £20 mill for 20 years, then that's only 1 million a year, so it wouldn't offset the losses ;)

I think there is a difference between the fair play rule in Europe for the big boys and the new rule for leagues one and two. I think that one has been put in place by the football league.

2 different rules, with presumably different workarounds.

Yeah. But City's £400m isn't it. Over 10 years iirc. So that's £40m a year. They made a loss of a couple hundred million last season didn't they? So, I can't see them signing many players and I can see them offloading a fair few players over pre-season. They've already offloaded Bridge to Brighton on loan. But I can't see Brighton paying all of his wages. I think he's on £90k a week isn't he? So I'd expect that he'd be on about £30k at Brighton. One of the rumours I've seen regarding sponsoring The City Ground. Is that it will be £15m over 3 seasons.

I think there is a difference between the fair play rule in Europe for the big boys and the new rule for leagues one and two. I think that one has been put in place by the football league.

2 different rules, with presumably different workarounds.

I think they follow the same pattern. In actual fact, it's the Football League that brought it in after seeing UEFA/FIFA's idea iirc.

Yeah. But City's £400m isn't it. Over 10 years iirc. So that's £40m a year. They made a loss of a couple hundred million last season didn't they? So, I can't see them signing many players and I can see them offloading a fair few players over pre-season. They've already offloaded Bridge to Brighton on loan. But I can't see Brighton paying all of his wages. I think he's on £90k a week isn't he? So I'd expect that he'd be on about £30k at Brighton. One of the rumours I've seen regarding sponsoring The City Ground. Is that it will be £15m over 3 seasons.

Which would give you £5 million a season.

Yes. The club has made £12m losses of the past few seasons iirc. So we'd just be ok I'd guess.

That's with spending the exact same amount as you have been the last few seasons though.

Plus money doesn't mean success as Doughty spent £100 mill didnt he according to reports?

That's with spending the exact same amount as you have been the last few seasons though.

Plus money doesn't mean success as Doughty spent £100 mill didnt he according to reports?

Doughty spent about that yeah. Although the estate haven't asked for any of that back. So we're debt free pretty much.

The Academy is being named after him as well which is a nice gesture.

I very rarely get drunk. Don't like feeling drunk. So most of the time I'm sober or just a little typsy. A girl from work, last time I went out expressed her love for me. She was hammered, being sick and stuff and I got asked why I didn't just shag her.

A few weeks ago, another guy asked why I didn't just shag her. I said Ched Evans. I'm not normal. I know I'm not. But unless I like I girl I won't show any signs or lead them on.

I'm pretty sure Ched Evans' victim wasn't expressing her love for him. You can't compare your situation with that. It took alcohol for the girl to get the confidence to tell you. The ball is then in your court whether to make a move or not.

No, just refering to the fact he got done for shagging a girl that was hammered and in no state. THis girl was in no state.

Standards in my eyes are about how ugly of a girl you would sleep with.

I don't want to shag an old trollop :(. Infact, how old would this trollop be?

At your age anything from 16 to 50 is fair game as long as they are under a size 18 and haven't been dead for more than a couple of hours.