Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I have a quick question for the guys who post in the tactics forum.

I was wondering why the use of YouTube clips to show your formations in action is not used more.

Is it because of the quality of the clips, or is it better to explain what is happening screenshot by screenshot? Because when a tactic works, and something you wanted to happen pans out exactly as you want it to during a game, its good, a vindication of your plans. Also its another way of showing people what you mean.

I don't know if im missing something here, it is possible to upload replays I think?

Edit - as soon as I finish typing this, I see someone has posted a YouTube series or something. I was thinking of just the odd clip among the writing to illustrate a point. Also I'm not criticizing anybody's work, I think its bloody good the effort that goes in over there.

I'm happy with that decision SRL. As Tom has said, very good manager. Was a coach at the club for the last couple of months of last season and was rumoured to have been brought in at the time to replace Cotterill. Knows the players well enough, plays football the "right" way as people would say. I just feel sorry for Crawley as he only joined them in May. We've agreed to play them in a friendly before the 2013-2014 season iirc. Although we could be about to annoy them even more. Rumours are we want to appoint Steve Coppell as our director of football. He apparently doesn't have a contract either.

Hello, I have a quick question for the guys who post in the tactics forum.

I was wondering why the use of YouTube clips to show your formations in action is not used more.

Is it because of the quality of the clips, or is it better to explain what is happening screenshot by screenshot? Because when a tactic works, and something you wanted to happen pans out exactly as you want it to during a game, its good, a vindication of your plans. Also its another way of showing people what you mean.

I don't know if im missing something here, it is possible to upload replays I think?

Edit - as soon as I finish typing this, I see someone has posted a YouTube series or something. I was thinking of just the odd clip among the writing to illustrate a point. Also I'm not criticizing anybody's work, I think its bloody good the effort that goes in over there.

Well you could always contribute yourself.

Loads of people have ideas and want to see things, yet no-one posts them or as a go at contributing themselves. Which side of the fence are you on?

Loads of people have ideas and want to see things, yet no-one posts them or as a go at contributing themselves. Which side of the fence are you on?

Indeed, I took the plunge in there.

Though that has had to stop for now due to my career moving on........hopefully can get back to it at United/a new club eventually.

I might pinch a few ideas off yours regarding layout if you don't mind.

How dare you!!

No of course you can, after all I did use your layout and what not for my career thread..............but the 4-2-3-1 has been done a few times over there! :brock:

Well you could always contribute yourself.

No doubt looking in there makes me want to give it a go. I love my current formation and would like to give it a try. I'm not very good at computers, bringing in pictures, attachments and stuff, but if I put my mind to it Im sure I can suss it out.

This lead me to asking the question. With all your posts in there, there is no doubt you have considerd using YouTube. I'm just wondering why you , and many others decide against it. Not as a dig against you, but to get an idea what the drawbacks must be. Maybe it's just down to individual preference and there are no real drawbacks I don't know. That's why I am asking.

Tomtuck, do you have any postings anywhere describing the 4-1-2-2-1 formation you used to use? Sounds very similar to the one I use now. I use mine with wingbacks. Would be interesting to see just how similar they are.

No doubt looking in there makes me want to give it a go. I love my current formation and would like to give it a try. I'm not very good at computers, bringing in pictures, attachments and stuff, but if I put my mind to it Im sure I can suss it out.

This lead me to asking the question. With all your posts in there, there is no doubt you have considerd using YouTube. I'm just wondering why you , and many others decide against it. Not as a dig against you, but to get an idea what the drawbacks must be. Maybe it's just down to individual preference and there are no real drawbacks I don't know. That's why I am asking.

Tomtuck, do you have any postings anywhere describing the 4-1-2-2-1 formation you used to use? Sounds very similar to the one I use now. I use mine with wingbacks. Would be interesting to see just how similar they are.

If you need any assistance then PM me and I'd be happy to walk you through using screenshots and attachments etc :)

I use youtube sometimes but SI haven't made it exactly easy to use. It takes forever to upload a video and to edit it you have to use some editing software that you've bought or what you can download for free. Would be much more useful if SI provided something to create simple FM videos. As buying some editing software can be very costly especially for something half decent.

Most of the stuff I write is about the attributes and how they work so that is hard to show, its much simpler and more constructive to write about it and break things downs so people will know what to look for in their own games.

Hopefully in a future version it'll be easier to edit/upload and that would encourage people to create more videos. But as it currently stands it takes up far to much time.

Leave the kid with someone where you buy the tickets from.

Odeon do a parent showing. So I could go and see it next week at 9.40am but it means they'll be loads of screaming kids. Although I'm guessing a lot of people wont go that early, so it could actually be quite empty.

Odeon do a parent showing. So I could go and see it next week at 9.40am but it means they'll be loads of screaming kids. Although I'm guessing a lot of people wont go that early, so it could actually be quite empty.

Yeah I doubt a lot of people will be up that early so it could be quite a shrewd time to go and see it.

Im taking my girlfriend's kid to see it at 7pm tonight. I actually cant hide my excitement ha.

Thank you cleon I may well take you up on that.

Been thinking about it a lot this morning, going to give it a go. It will be tough to fit it in what with work and a baby running round the house when I get home, but if I use anytime I have free for fm for doing it instead, I may get it done in a reasonable time.

Thank you cleon I may well take you up on that.

Been thinking about it a lot this morning, going to give it a go. It will be tough to fit it in what with work and a baby running round the house when I get home, but if I use anytime I have free for fm for doing it instead, I may get it done in a reasonable time.

No worries, glad to help if I can :)

Parent showings eh. Doesn't exist around here.

Do they not? I could get a babysitter but I hate leaving the kids with someone. I'm a firm beliver of if you have kids you look after them always.

Yeah I'm stood next to boris Jonson right now. Rock and roll baby

Near City Tavern by any chance?

Do they not? I could get a babysitter but I hate leaving the kids with someone. I'm a firm beliver of if you have kids you look after them always.

Yep me too, the only ones who may babysit are our parents.

Only our parents or my girlfriends sister are allowed to babysit ours!!! Although, at 13 we should be starting to trust the lad to look after his younger sister but he is so childish we wouldnt dare.

I'm sorry i don't - atleast not that i recall.

After six and half years of injuries, eighteen months of quality, and when we have more urgent areas to strengthen? No, not at all.

I am really surprised that you arent pushing ahead to sign Modric or someone of that mould. If there has ever been a time for the 'next Scholes' it is now.

Personally think Modric is massively over priced at £35million.

I agree here.

I honestly think Joe Allen is worth a punt though for a big club.

Man Utd should go South American for a midfielder, plenty of quality ones to be had from Brazil and Argentina inparticular and wouldn't cost the earth.

They have had a bid for Lucas rejected havent they?

I think Joe Allen looks set to come to us by the looks of things. Despite this apparent 'gentlemans agreement', I think before the end of the window you could see a £15m deal go through.

Edit: Actually just seen this, although Sky Sports News arent exactly reliable.

They have had a bid for Lucas rejected havent they?

I think Joe Allen looks set to come to us by the looks of things. Despite this apparent 'gentlemans agreement', I think before the end of the window you could see a £15m deal go through.

Edit: Actually just seen this, although Sky Sports News arent exactly reliable.

Lucas Moura? Well he's a big player and would cost bucket loads. I also think his preffered destination would be Italy.

How would Allen fit into Liverpool squad? Allen and Lucas with Gerrard infront of them playing off a lone striker?

Lucas Moura? Well he's a big player and would cost bucket loads. I also think his preffered destination would be Italy.

How would Allen fit into Liverpool squad? Allen and Lucas with Gerrard infront of them playing off a lone striker?

Yeah I think it was him. £27m they rejected I think it was???

Based off what I have seen in training and read etc, I would think we will go with a 4-3-3 style to be honest. If you want me to hazard a guess I would say something like:

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Gerrard - Lucas - Allen

Suarez - Borini - Dempsey

I would say that would be interchangeable with all three forward thinking players as Borini, Suarez and Dempsey can all play on the wing or play through the middle so it could be an interesting thing to see. Time will tell though.

Liverpool also linked with Mertens btw. Heavely linked it seems.

Never seen that one, but have read a few bits that us and Arsenal have been linked with Kevin Mirallas.