Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

A long shot, but does anyone know any gardeners around Newcastle/Gateshead?

I dont know any specific ones, but try David Hutchinson Garden Services. I have heard good things about him but I have never used him before.

Shocking bit of business. £5 million loan fee, £6 million in wages to borrow a player for a season. Madrid only paid £7 million for him :D and to put the cherry on top, you haven't got option to buy him, wtf :D

Its Nuri Sahin tough :D. I dont care one bit about the fee at all. We have him for a year and will hopefully get rid of Adam & Spearing. That makes me happy.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him live a few times. :cool:

Hopefully then you won't be like some spazzy Liverpool fans who reckon he's a player who's going to be in the three behind the striker if you play 4-2-3-1.

People think he's an AMC? :D

Be interesting to see how he fits him, Allen, Lucas and Gerrard into the team. I'm guessing Sahin signing means Gerrard can play off the striker?

I've seen him live a few times. :cool:

Hopefully then you won't be like some spazzy Liverpool fans who reckon he's a player who's going to be in the three behind the striker if you play 4-2-3-1.

Please tell me you havent actually heard people say that? A few people in the Liverpool thread have actually asked if will he play out wide :lol:.

Be interesting to see how he fits him, Allen, Lucas and Gerrard into the team. I'm guessing Sahin signing means Gerrard can play off the striker?

That is the only possibility I can think of, but then that would kind of mean that Rodgers has to change formation from a 4-3-3.

That is the only possibility I can think of, but then that would kind of mean that Rodgers has to change formation from a 4-3-3.

The 433/4231 are basically the same anyways. Only the transitional phase would change between defence and attack and not the actual formation. Over at koptalk they reckon Sahin will play on the right :D. Do people not learn about a player they are signing these days and learn where he plays ffs.

4-2-3-1

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Sahin - Allen

Downing - Gerrard - Suarez

Borini

That's the formation I'd have too but with Carroll over Borini. Carroll holding the ball up and allowing Suarez and Gerrard to play off him would be brilliant imo. Gerrard will drop deep too when not in possession to make it a 433/451

Swansea look like they will make stuff happen with the ball this season in the final 3rd. Last year they were happy to keep the ball in their own half, so far this season they've built on that and can attack more. Great to watch this.

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Sahin - Lucas

Gerrard- Allen- Downing

Suarez

Allen can't play as the AMC, its not suited for his game imo. Allen just keeps possession and does all the little tidy things. He'd be lost in the AMC position.

Allen can't play as the AMC, its not suited for his game imo. Allen just keeps possession and does all the little tidy things. He'd be lost in the AMC position.

he wouldn't be playing a traditional amc surging forward... we all know downing and gerrard like to drag infield... allen would sit there and provide the final ball for those 3 as well as play a rotating role with sahin and lucas.... ala barca in some ways...

and gerrards been playing that right hand side for most of his career... its not a wide formation at all...

we're all forgetting assaidi aswell btw...

He was shoved out wide under Houllier to fit him into the side when we were pretty strong centrally to be honest. Benitez just didnt have a clue when he played him out wide.

Your intuition isn't working. Infact it is well off.

Damn, should get that fixed. :/

But just because you don't enjoy vindaloo it doesn't mean that other people don't. People have different levels of hotness(?) that they can eat, so to question whether I was being serious was a bit silly.

I am surprised Joe knows what the word means :brock:.

That's my degree paying off already. :brock:

I am not surprised that he thinks it's big and hard to eat a curry with no taste purely on the basis that it's hot. :brock:

I am sure students find it funny when they are all together.

Damn, should get that fixed. :/

But just because you don't enjoy vindaloo it doesn't mean that other people don't. People have different levels of hotness(?) that they can eat, so to question whether I was being serious was a bit silly.

Again, you are making an assumption. I didn't say I couldn't eat a vindaloo, just that it is fairly pointless to do so on the basis that it is so hot you can't particularly taste it.

I am sure students find it funny when they are all together.

Yeah mate we all have a right giggle, and we can all afford to go for Indians all the time as well because we're absolutely minted.

Again, you are making an assumption. I didn't say I couldn't eat a vindaloo, just that it is fairly pointless to do so on the basis that it is so hot you can't particularly taste it.

What assumption? I didn't say you couldn't eat a vindaloo either. It's pointless in your opinion yes, but obviously not in other people's or they wouldn't have it on the menu and people wouldn't buy it.

Yeah mate we all have a right giggle, and we can all afford to go for Indians all the time as well because we're absolutely minted.

Well to be fair, students do waste their money on overly expensive things and then have the nerve to twist about being skint. They are their own worst enemy in that sense.

Well to be fair, students do waste their money on overly expensive things and then have the nerve to twist about being skint. They are their own worst enemy in that sense.

It's easy enough to say 'get a job' but there's not really enough hours in the week to do much and those that do have part-time work find that their work suffers because of it. The problem with uni is that you can go 6 weeks without having much work to do and then 2 weeks where there's hardly enough time to complete all your work and sleep. And it's not through leaving things until just before the deadline like you'd think, but courses (or my course at least) aren't designed with the student in mind or with much coordination between different tutors, so you get all your work near the end of each semester.

I didn't struggle too much but I'm lucky that I didn't care all that much, am quite intelligent anyway and had a course that was judged half on exams.