Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have one. It's about Ferguson finding the right combination in the middle of the park, and as much as I love Scholes and Carrick, picking them together is just ridiculous as it's too static.

Who is the defensive midfielder?

Carrick.

Anyway, I'm not a huge believer i labelling players roles - that's for Football Manager. It's about finding combinations that work well together, not saying "Oh he's a defensive midfielder and he's an attacking midfielder, they'll do well as a pair".

I always thought Man Utd should get a proper deep holding player and free up Carrick to utilise his arrange of passing. I'd like to see Jones and Carrick farm a partnership in the centre but I don't think that will happen as we all know Jones will be at the back. I think that would be great as both players would interchange and not be to static. Be loads of energy too.

England team should have been based around Carrick in years gone by at not fat Frank and spectacular Gerrard imo

Tiote? are you ****ing kidding me? He's an awful footballer. We're not Stoke.

Cabaye would be better option imo.

Spurs have dropped Defoe wtf :D

Why do Man Utd need a rebuild? You seen all the youth they got? Cleverley, Welbeck, Jones, De Gea, Smalling and not to mention the reserve players they got coming through and other youths from the youth team.

I've always rated Tiote for what he brings the team tbh. But each to their own eh.

Where do you think Powell will fit in?

He was used as a striker almost at crewe, but I can't see him fitting in there at United... neither can I see him getting much playing time anytime soon just behind.

It's a shame about Powell as I think he could be great. He's done good when he's got minutes for Man Utd but for the positions he can play I can't see him breaking into the team in the next few years unless a major injury happens.

He's 18, got plenty of time to break into the team yet.

He needs to go onloan though surely? His chances with the depth you have in attack atm are going to be very limited. He needs to be playing week in week out to aid his development.

He needs to go onloan though surely? His chances with the depth you have in attack atm are going to be very limited. He needs to be playing week in week out to aid his development.

Well, he isn't going to be used in attack, so that's fairly moot.

But I agree that at sometime in the future a loan spell will be beneficial. But it'd be better to keep hold of him and develop him in house until he can realistically go out on loan to another Premier League club, like Welbeck did. Besides the odd spell in the Championship, (at Preston until he got injured), he didn't go out on loan until a top flight club was prepared to take him on and play him regularly.

Well, he isn't going to be used in attack, so that's fairly moot.

But I agree that at sometime in the future a loan spell will be beneficial. But it'd be better to keep hold of him and develop him in house until he can realistically go out on loan to another Premier League club, like Welbeck did. Besides the odd spell in the Championship, (at Preston until he got injured), he didn't go out on loan until a top flight club was prepared to take him on and play him regularly.

How is it moot? He'll play somewhere in attack, whether than be out wide, striker or behind the strikers. I doubt you'll play him in central midfield. So I think you're been a bit facetious.

Do your reckon any clubs would take a gamble on him in January? He'd do alright for someone like Sunderland, Wigan etc

He does remind me of Scholes, said that before you signed him :cool:

In fairness, you say attacking player, and in a way yes you are correct. I very much see him as Scholes in the earlier days; spraying passes around and mucking in in midfield, but also breaking forward ahead of play to score goals.

In fairness, you say attacking player, and in a way yes you are correct. I very much see him as Scholes in the earlier days; spraying passes around and mucking in in midfield, but also breaking forward ahead of play to score goals.

Aye you can't really label players in all fairness like I did :thup:

Hey Tom - You know when Fergie goes everyone expects Moyes, do you think Giggs would also be a likely candidate? I'm sure he'd carry on the whole Fergie philosophy.

Was a good point, it pains me to say it but I thought Chelsea were the better team. Unbeaten in 6 now?

I thought Chelsea were better in the first half but we grew into it in the second. Yeah unbeaten in 6 now with Wigan at home next.

What's the point of calling Zaha up for England when he's made it clear he doesn't want to play for them at a competitive level. Seems pointless and may have well just called someone up who does want to play for us.

What's the point of calling Zaha up for England when he's made it clear he doesn't want to play for them at a competitive level. Seems pointless and may have well just called someone up who does want to play for us.

Well that's not strictly true, but we won't that spoil your mini rant. :thup: