Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like watching Arsenal last season - can't defend for **** and get rescued by van Persie every week. :(

Doesn't really matter though because injuries aside he will single handedly win you the league :D

Valencia is **** though, time after time yesterday he wasted a good move by being selfish or choosing the wrong option.

Valencia is **** though, time after time yesterday he wasted a good move by being selfish or choosing the wrong option.

It's not that he's ****, it's just if a game is being played out in a certain way then he is rendered uselss. His big plus, (well his only plus really), is his speed, but if a game is like it is yesterday when he came on with us high up the pitch giving him little room to manouver in, then it's pointless him being on the field as he hasn't got the skill to nip past one or two players and deliver.

Away games against the big clubs is where he shines as the opposition are playing higher up the field and we play on the counter. And that's why people, (mainly those who only really see him on TV), have an incorrect view of him.

It's not that he's ****, it's just if a game is being played out in a certain way then he is rendered uselss. His big plus, (well his only plus really), is his speed, but if a game is like it is yesterday when he came on with us high up the pitch giving him little room to manouver in, then it's pointless him being on the field as he hasn't got the skill to nip past one or two players and deliver.

Away games against the big clubs is where he shines as the opposition are playing higher up the field and we play on the counter. And that's why people, (mainly those who only really see him on TV), have an incorrect view of him.

Pretty much the same reason why Walcott can't play as a lone striker in those kind of games too.

I like Welbeck too. I see on t'interweb though that a good % of Man Utd fans seems to think hes not good enough and slag him off. Is this is a common thing Tom or just the clueless ****s who don't understand football and what he brings to the team?

I like Welbeck too. I see on t'interweb though that a good % of Man Utd fans seems to think hes not good enough and slag him off. Is this is a common thing Tom or just the clueless ****s who don't understand football and what he brings to the team?

I would imagine many of those of slag him off only see him on their telebox/have some other agenda.

I would imagine many of those of slag him off only see him on their telebox.

Thought as much. He always does good when I've seem him, he's really technical and has great off the ball movement.

Thought as much. He always does good when I've seem him, he's really technical and has great off the ball movement.

Oh definitely. Some of his little touches and flicks in tight areas are wonderful. Just wish he was ever so slightly better at finishing - if he was he'd be a magical player.

Oh definitely. Some of his little touches and flicks in tight areas are wonderful. Just wish he was ever so slightly better at finishing - if he was he'd be a magical player.

Do you think as he gets older he'll develop into the Sheringham role more? For me he's at his best when he drops off or goes wide.

Do you think as he gets older he'll develop into the Sheringham role more? For me he's at his best when he drops off or goes wide.

I would have thought so. When he drops into space and has time to turn and go at people he's much more effective.

What nonsense are they doing?

Leaving 1 seat for every person who died empty and putting their names on them. Just seems like one of the most random things I've seen, why do they feel the need to do a tribute?

Leaving 1 seat for every person who died empty and putting their names on them. Just seems like one of the most random things I've seen, why do they feel the need to do a tribute?

One small club showing respect to another small club.

This is weird, didn't know you could do this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20916813
if there's a loophole in a rule system, the Italians will find it
I've always been a fan of Giroud even before he became well known so to speak. He does alright for Arsenal when they do cross though and as started scoring. I think the team just needed to realise how to utilise him and play to his strengths. I think a lot of Arsenal fans failed to realise they weren't using him correctly and was giving him quite a bit of stick which was unfair imo.
Wenger have not been able to figure out how to get the best out of the squads he have built for years by now, and the list of players he have used out of position is a fairly long one
Yet he does **** all for us :rolleyes:
you'v just had a bunch of mangers who could not get the best out of Cole
Certain stances have been made haven't they? Malaga have been banned I am sure?
that was not for FFP thought, it was for not paying wages and transfer fees (Mallorca got banned from playing in EL for similar reasons a couple of years back)
he's not that bad, just been on a horrible run of form lately and probably needs to get benched for a few games
indeed, if he could get more end product out of all things he does well, he could become a world class player

Hello everyone. How are things?
Have an exam in about 4 hours so starting to revise would be a great idea, but once it's over I have another 3 weeks free which is pretty sweet. Student loan is in so when I'm done I'm gonna order the parts for a new computer so I can finally have a decent computer to play FM on. Will also get my late xmas present off the gf which is FM13. All in all, I'm in a pretty good mood

Have an exam in about 4 hours so starting to revise would be a great idea, but once it's over I have another 3 weeks free which is pretty sweet. Student loan is in so when I'm done I'm gonna order the parts for a new computer so I can finally have a decent computer to play FM on. Will also get my late xmas present off the gf which is FM13. All in all, I'm in a pretty good mood

Does this mean you'll be back in tactics forum?? :cool:

Good luck with the exam :thup:

Does this mean you'll be back in tactics forum?? :cool:

Good luck with the exam :thup:

Cheers Cleon. I will be back posting in the tactics forum yes. The plan is, time permitting, to do a Journeyman style career thread on the career forum, for those who like that sort of thing, and a tactics thread. So hopefully I'll show how I go about designing a tactic in the lower leagues and what will change as I further my career. Hopefully I'll be able to show that there is many ways to skin the tactical cat and hopefully try new formations that I haven't used before. In a way I'm still learning how to go about things so there will be things that don't go so well sometimes but that's all in the fun of it.

It's just an idea for now but when I get my new computer all set up and raring to go then I'll probably make a start. It won't be until after the Irish Inter-varsities 8 Ball Pool tournament on the 1-3 February as I am miraculously taking part in it and don't want to get stuffed in it, so will be practicing flat out between now and then.

EDIT:- Just thinking, this idea is similar to the what SRL did last year. I knew I got a bit of inspiration from somewhere :cool:

EDIT:- Just thinking, this idea is similar to the what SRL did last year. I knew I got a bit of inspiration from somewhere :cool:

That deserves a cool smiley :cool:.

You got inspiration from SRL. The world is going downhill. :(

If only everyone did :thup:.