Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Hey PF hows tricks?

Man City have sent back 900 tickets to Arsenal due to the fans believing £62 is far to much :D

I can't believe how much you guys pay for sporting tickets over there. I think the most i have paid was $130 for a 5 day pass at the last Ashes game in Brisbane. It is generally around $25-$40 for most sporting events over here. Although i haven't looked at what they plan on charging for the British Lions tour yet.

62 quid for an away ticket is exorbitant, especially as Arsenal are not exactly playing like a team you would spend 62 quid on at the moment.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

That stat is misleading though when you think about it. Torres got 33 in 46 games in his first season in England. If you are comparing players you have to do it on equal grounds if possible and still then its incorrect. The media just love to make random stats up across different spectrums and try and make them into a comparison.

I know that stats are pretty misleading usually but when you consider the teams involved i think most would say that Torres had the better supply. I reckon Michu would have scored a few more if he was playing with one of the larger teams with a better supply line.

Yep. Showed his true colours. Poor form. :thdn:

You can't honestly believe that was a snub though. Ronaldo's hand was on his shoulder the whole time, the press have blown it out to be something it's not ..

.. in my opinion anyways. It could well have been a snub.

You can't honestly believe that was a snub though. Ronaldo's hand was on his shoulder the whole time, the press have blown it out to be something it's not ..

I didn't watch it but agree with the sentiment that the media usually blow these things out of poportion. However if Pep did indeed refuse Ronaldos handshake i find that pretty poor.

On a side note Gandy. Do you follow the cricket? If so what do you think of the one day squad for the next 2 matches?

I have got to admit to being blown away that Hussey will not get a farewell tour.

.. in my opinion anyways. It could well have been a snub.

He looks directly at him and gives him a funny luck and doesn't even acknowledge him with a smile, nod or anything. He clearly snubbed him imo. He actually puts his hand over his shoulder and into his chest region. There is another clip that shows it from a different angle. He clearly ignores his hand and Ronaldo himself.

SRL - How'd it go? So I've no need to get dressed to come and sort owt :D

I didn't watch it but agree with the sentiment that the media usually blow these things out of poportion. However if Pep did indeed refuse Ronaldos handshake i find that pretty poor.

On a side note Gandy. Do you follow the cricket? If so what do you think of the one day squad for the next 2 matches?

I have got to admit to being blown away that Hussey will not get a farewell tour.

I just watched it before, I don't think I saw a handshake being offered.

I actually had executive box tickets for when Australia got smashed at the WACA recently, but I'm not avid follower. Pretty glad Hussey is leaving on a high note, seven or so years of quality cricket from the lad, no one could have expected better from Mr. Cricket. Hopefully we can find someone to fill his shoes, though I did read that Pakistani fella is set to get the nod (he debuted a few years back).

I haven't seen the one-day squads yet, I'll try and find them and let you know what I think :)

On a completely other unrelated note, this is the car I am picking up tomorrow. I have a Grade 1 tear in my hamstring, so I thought I'd take advantage of my next few days off and buy a car. Haven't had one since the "accident" ..

landcruiserprado.jpg

He looks directly at him and gives him a funny luck and doesn't even acknowledge him with a smile, nod or anything. He clearly snubbed him imo. He actually puts his hand over his shoulder and into his chest region. There is another clip that shows it from a different angle. He clearly ignores his hand and Ronaldo himself.

Oh well, I'm not out to defend Pep, it is what it is I guess. Just my humble opinion :)

You should do it in the nude, demoralize the man. Nothing embarrasses you more than being attacked by some in the nud.

Also fuzzrab, what's the reason for them leaving out Jackson Bird, and choosing Hughes over Khawaja (the Pakastani fella)?

I just watched it before, I don't think I saw a handshake being offered.

I actually had executive box tickets for when Australia got smashed at the WACA recently, but I'm not avid follower. Pretty glad Hussey is leaving on a high note, seven or so years of quality cricket from the lad, no one could have expected better from Mr. Cricket. Hopefully we can find someone to fill his shoes, though I did read that Pakistani fella is set to get the nod (he debuted a few years back).

I haven't seen the one-day squads yet, I'll try and find them and let you know what I think :)

Yeah Khawaja (sp?), Pakistani lad, is tipped for the spot and is doing well in the big bash, not sure if he can up his game for test level (which i still believe is the highest level). It is good to see them sticking with these young playerrs though, not that the current crop of players gives them much choice, and building for the future.

The one day squad is made up of, at best, fringe players. It is all in the name of 2015 apparently.

Yeah Khawaja (sp?), Pakistani lad, is tipped for the spot and is doing well in the big bash, not sure if he can up his game for test level (which i still believe is the highest level). It is good to see them sticking with these young playerrs though, not that the current crop of players gives them much choice, and building for the future.

The one day squad is made up of, at best, fringe players. It is all in the name of 2015 apparently.

I always thought that was Australia's problem when we were almost unbeatable. We weren't blooding in youngsters, and I think Clarke was the only young player to actually get in at that time. I mean come on, Hussey debuted at 30, it should have been much earlier than that. Hopefully the Cricket Board look into that.

Have a look at this video, I thought it was cool (Messi related).

I always thought that was Australia's problem when we were almost unbeatable. We weren't blooding in youngsters, and I think Clarke was the only young player to actually get in at that time. I mean come on, Hussey debuted at 30, it should have been much earlier than that. Hopefully the Cricket Board look into that.

I totaly agree with that. They should have been grooming a spinner about 2-3 years before Warne retired, if not earlier. Lyon is an OK spin bowler and can improve but he will never be up there with the greatest spinners.

I think one of the main problems with the batting line up at the moment , and batting in general throughout the test world, is the emergence of T20. Now dont get me wrong i like T20 and find it fun but too many top class test batsmen are putting T20 ahead of test batting.

At the same time i understand that T20 is where the big players will ultimately, and unfortunately IMO, make the most money.

Ulitimately the ICC need to make some kind of decision and protect test matches or at the very least put more money into them. Unfortunatley this wont happen as India pretty much controls the game due to its finacial power.

I totaly agree with that. They should have been grooming a spinner about 2-3 years before Warne retired, if not earlier. Lyon is an OK spin bowler and can improve but he will never be up there with the greatest spinners.

I think one of the main problems with the batting line up at the moment , and batting in general throughout the test world, is the emergence of T20. Now dont get me wrong i like T20 and find it fun but too many top class test batsmen are putting T20 ahead of test batting.

At the same time i understand that T20 is where the big players will ultimately, and unfortunately IMO, make the most money.

Ulitimately the ICC need to make some kind of decision and protect test matches or at the very least put more money into them. Unfortunatley this wont happen as India pretty much controls the game due to its finacial power.

I could just about be the only person that never took to the T20 match. I love sitting down the whole day and watching a test match, it is the perfect excuse to do nothing, and it's not frowned upon.

I think prior to Warne retiring, we only had Hogg who was match ready, and I think McGill (who I never really rated highly anyways). They were both over 32 and close to retiring, which Hogg did after a few tests.

Our batting is terrible. The fact Hughes is getting a shoe-in is basically proof of this. I'm not sure what the situation with the young Marsh is, but I'd be blooding him into the test side before someone who has proved many times to be inconsistent in the test matches. I guess I grew up with the 'Golden Era' of Australian cricket, so my standards are a little higher than they should be.

The test matches will always survive, they thought they'd die with the introduction of the one-day matches, but the test matches seemed to thrive upon it. It's been quite a while since the T20 matches have been introduced, and there hasn't been any noticeable decline in test match cricket (even if Australia is performing fairly poorly). Time will tell I guess.

I could just about be the only person that never took to the T20 match. I love sitting down the whole day and watching a test match, it is the perfect excuse to do nothing, and it's not frowned upon.

I think prior to Warne retiring, we only had Hogg who was match ready, and I think McGill (who I never really rated highly anyways). They were both over 32 and close to retiring, which Hogg did after a few tests.

McGill was always pretty poor. Most of the wickets i saw him take were when the batsmen tried to slog him.

Our batting is terrible. The fact Hughes is getting a shoe-in is basically proof of this. I'm not sure what the situation with the young Marsh is, but I'd be blooding him into the test side before someone who has proved many times to be inconsistent in the test matches. I guess I grew up with the 'Golden Era' of Australian cricket, so my standards are a little higher than they should be.

I am not too sure i would dismiss Hughes that easily. I seem to remeber that Hayden, and in fact Clarke himself, had some trouble early on and after been dropped they came back stronger fo

The test matches will always survive, they thought they'd die with the introduction of the one-day matches, but the test matches seemed to thrive upon it. It's been quite a while since the T20 matches have been introduced, and there hasn't been any noticeable decline in test match cricket (even if Australia is performing fairly poorly). Time will tell I guess.

Dont get me wrong i think the test matches will carry on. I just think they have been diluted a little bit by T20 and the stupid shots you see in that form that are now creeping intop tests.

And what happened?

Well this was just an initial assessment, but he has a number of convictions against his name and the judge said there isn't anything he can do so he wants a massive report which will bring out all of his history with the police etc and all the lies will be found out.

McGill was always pretty poor. Most of the wickets i saw him take were when the batsmen tried to slog him.

I had always rated Hogg, though I could be biased as he's a family friend. We had an off-spinner at one point who was decent, his name escapes me.

I am not too sure i would dismiss Hughes that easily. I seem to remember that Hayden, and in fact Clarke himself, had some trouble early on and after been dropped they came back stronger.

I only caught the tail end of Hayden's career, he was truly amazing. It was exciting seeing Hayden and Langer walk out on the pitch, it was almost always a great start to our innings. Then to have Ponting follow, with batting depth all the way down to Gilchrist at number six, I really do miss those days. I remember when Langer and Hayden got the opening partnership of 240 or something, I was at the hospital waiting for my baby brother to be born.

Don't get me wrong i think the test matches will carry on. I just think they have been diluted a little bit by T20 and the stupid shots you see in that form that are now creeping in top tests.

I really don't think the technique will change overly much. There will be more aggressive batsmen, but you'll always have the cool heads like Hussey in the squad to do what they have to.

I only caught the tail end of Hayden's career, he was truly amazing. It was exciting seeing Hayden and Langer walk out on the pitch, it was almost always a great start to our innings. Then to have Ponting follow, with batting depth all the way down to Gilchrist at number six, I really do miss those days. I remember when Langer and Hayden got the opening partnership of 240 or something, I was at the hospital waiting for my baby brother to be born.

I reckon that is the one thing about test matches that stand out, and hopefully always will, the memories. I still remeber being at the Gabba and McGrath & Gillespie making 50+ each. Probably my best cricketing memory.

Well this was just an initial assessment, but he has a number of convictions against his name and the judge said there isn't anything he can do so he wants a massive report which will bring out all of his history with the police etc and all the lies will be found out.

Great news :cool:

You get my text btw?

I reckon that is the one thing about test matches that stand out, and hopefully always will, the memories. I still remeber being at the Gabba and McGrath & Gillespie making 50+ each. Probably my best cricketing memory.

I was at the match when Adam Gilchrist scored (I think) the second fastest century in Test cricket. He is what every keeper should aspire to be.

Although not a clear memory, I was nine at the time, I saw Glenn McGrath take a hattrick. He's probably my favourite Australian bowler.

That's the kind of thing a woman does - sends a message on Facebook asking if you got their text. :D

Well I got a new number today and had a bit of trouble, so was just checking the message actually went through.

Anyways I am female remember....

You on Facebook Tom? :eek:

Well I got a new number today and had a bit of trouble, so was just checking the message actually went through.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Anyways I am female remember....

Quiet you.

You on Facebook Tom? :eek:

Of course. I don't see the shock in that?

Ahh you're on are you? Couldn't find me, or was it the fact that I keep my profile extremely private?

Couldn't find you at all. Unless you're the dude with the hidden profile with the unicorn picture :D

Aye I'm on, good way to keep in touch and see what the family are up to.

Or people's lives who revolve around it are losers but yeah, ok.

I don't think anyone will understand what you're saying. You seem to be basically claiming that everyone who is a member has their life revolving around it? Okay then........

Would imagine you're only not a member to try and show how "different" you are from everyone else.

What did you order?
Sorry I'm only replying to this now. Got a friend of mine who is quite adept at building computers to give me a hand but he was building his brothers too today. Stuff I ordered:

Asus M5A99X AMD Motherboard

1TB Seagate HDD

8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

AMD 8350 Processor

128GB SanDisk SSD

InWin Griffin Case

850W PSU

Samsung CD Drive

Cheap Logitech Keyboard + Mouse

That on top of a monitor I already have and a friends old graphics card, I forked out £550. I get 2 years of Windows 7 free through Dreamspark which is neat

Would imagine you're only not a member to try and show how "different" you are from everyone else.

Nope. I used to have it until around 2 years ago. I just got sick of logging in and seeing people post pointless crap. My personal favourite was always:

'In Newcastle with the lads/lasses, having a great night'. Well clearly not, or you wouldn't be on facebook you *****.

Nope. I used to have it until around 2 years ago. I just got sick of logging in and seeing people post pointless crap. My personal favourite was always:

'In Newcastle with the lads/lasses, having a great night'. Well clearly not, or you wouldn't be on facebook you *****.

No, that's how it is these days. I have a friend that will tag me EVERYWHERE that we go, and it is super frustrating. They are the kind of people who want people to know they have a life.

I've asked her to stop, but there's absolutely no point. It's like reasoning with a brick wall. I ended up turning off being able to be tagged in posts.

You need better friends :D