Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Ran into some mighty fun trouble in my career save with Havant & Waterlooville. End of the season comes and players contracts run down. I can't sign everyone that I can because they ask for too much in wages and I can't give them enough extras. But no matter, I can bring in some good new names, right? No. I have a very limited amount of players who will join me and only a couple of them worth anything. So I now have a far weaker and smaller squad than last season and I'm still expected to finish top half. I think my first sacking since FM10 is soon upon me. The board won't under any circumstances expand the scouting range even to bring in a few cheap foreigners. And now the striker I brought in is out for 5 months right at the beginning of the season. Glorious day this :D

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to go through similar when I was in the lower leagues. It was annoying that you couldn't offer your better players a new contract because they wanted to much so you had a squad of 6 players come July 1st. Very frustrating.

I used to go through similar when I was in the lower leagues. It was annoying that you couldn't offer your better players a new contract because they wanted to much so you had a squad of 6 players come July 1st. Very frustrating.
It isn't the better players in my squad that is the problem thankfully. It's the guys who come in when the good ones are knackered. I have a squad of 20 by some minor miracle but 10 are up to scratch at this level and 10 most certainly aren't. It's almost depressing but I'll move on at the end of this coming season. Hopefully to somewhere where I can scout more than the country that I'm in :)

5 past 8 I'm guessing because of Corrie ffs :mad:

I told the kids that Corrie wasn't on so they didn't bother looking :D. I am on making tea now so I really want it to hurry up so I can watch the game. I may have to pause the TV.

I told the kids that Corrie wasn't on so they didn't bother looking :D. I am on making tea now so I really want it to hurry up so I can watch the game. I may have to pause the TV.

What you made for tea?

Those are nice aye :cool:

I liked them, but the kids said they were awful. I told them that they either eat them because if they don't they aren't getting anything else to eat and if they say they are hungry they will be told they aren't having anything. Sharp changed their mind!!!! Parenting skills or what :D.

Ran into some mighty fun trouble in my career save with Havant & Waterlooville. End of the season comes and players contracts run down. I can't sign everyone that I can because they ask for too much in wages and I can't give them enough extras. But no matter, I can bring in some good new names, right? No. I have a very limited amount of players who will join me and only a couple of them worth anything. So I now have a far weaker and smaller squad than last season and I'm still expected to finish top half. I think my first sacking since FM10 is soon upon me. The board won't under any circumstances expand the scouting range even to bring in a few cheap foreigners. And now the striker I brought in is out for 5 months right at the beginning of the season. Glorious day this :D
I have never been sacked on fm :( , who knows maybe my somewhat defensive style means that I dont have those sharp dips in form that makes one lose the job on fm

Did I miss something?
I like to know these things.

It isn't anything worth posting again.

I have never been sacked on fm :(

I can't remember a time that I have been sacked, but I am sure if I could remember CM01/02 or something I probably would have been.

And your point is?

Keep your beak out :thup:

Morning peeps how is everyone? Off out for a walk in a bit, get some fresh air in those lungs :cool:

Morning Cleon. Freezing is the word, bloody freezing. Loaded with cold too :(.

I think you need to some research into to what a cold is, because the fact that the weather is cold has just about sod all to do with why people get a cold. ****. :D

Yeah......and when exposed to the cold weather, it gets onto your chest and results in numerous symptoms of a cold. No research needed for that!!!

The simple fact is that you can't catch a cold simply becaure the weather is cold. :D

Ah now you see, I never actually said just because it was cold that is why I have one. I said with how cold it is, it is hardly surprising, and then I went on to say that being exposed to the cold it can bring on symptoms. One of the main ways I used to catch a cold was when I played football when it used to rain, again being exposed to the weather outside. If you are in the colder weather for long enough, then it brings on a cold, which is the point I am making.

I have never been sacked on fm :( , who knows maybe my somewhat defensive style means that I dont have those sharp dips in form that makes one lose the job on fm
Well I got sacked a couple of times in FM09 which was my first FM and I think once in FM10. I normally go for a somewhat defensive style myself. So far my season hasn't been a disaster. Sitting around mid table. I think half my problem is that I'm playing on extended highlights and there are so few chances in the games I play that I get to see precious little of the match, so I don't know what's going right and wrong. So comprehensive highlights for me from now on :D

On the subject of cold weather, I'm far from an expert but doesn't cold weather simply weaken your immune system a bit, so you are more likely to get the cold?

sometimes I hate this game, how on earth am I supposed to make up my mind on this, a kind reminder of why I should stick to playing Athletic where I dont need to waste so much time in the transfer windows

transferlisted_zps5d6f7de9.png

I envy your options :p