Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping Aussies use the word "thong" in a different sense to Brits - you are wearing shorts, a vest and more than one skimpy pair of pants?!

No, I find casual underwear uncomfortable :brock:

But I never said anything about a vest. I guess you English wouldn't know what a singlet is, seeing as it never gets above "f****** cold" over there :)

They look like Thunderbirds but could write a tune.

They stick in your head, but it wasn't exactly brilliant. Rif wise (which were rare) and rythm playing wise it is very repetitive, and that is from song to song.

Likewise over this comment. Congratulations!!

Don't let us get into this again. Next it'll be "my Dad's igger than your Dad". And in the end we'll just end up comparing penis size and I'll win. So just accept the inevitable now and we'll just say I've won and leave it at that.

They stick in your head, but it wasn't exactly brilliant. Rif wise (which were rare) and rythm playing wise it is very repetitive, and that is from song to song.

Brilliant, no, but catchy and effective, yes. For me, they nailed the mood of the early to mid 90's.

Music in general follows a bit of a painting by numbers process. Whether it's Oasis, The Stone Roses, Beethoven or N.W.A., the underlying principle is rhythm, which itself is repetitive by definition.

And you claim to be a music fan pfft. Even if you don't enjoy them you should be aware of them tbf.

I suspect it is something to do with rap? I don't listen to the radio, watch music channels or like anything you would find in the music charts so anything you would find on there I wouldn't know.

agree with Cleon on this....and with SRL on the oasis thing

OMG you agree with me, is that a forum first? :D

I have lost any respect (if it existed at all) for SRL and any opinion on music of any kind...

Anyone, young or old, who has never heard of N.W.A deserves to go deaf and never listen to music ever again

Indeed they do. Its the ignorance of todays youth though.

Anyone used this? http://www.chr.../#home

Here is it drawing me;

[video=youtube;5covfsqFgJU]

Apparently I have ****ing quaver eyes :(

I have lost any respect (if it existed at all) for SRL and any opinion on music of any kind...

You just hush!!!

Indeed they do. Its the ignorance of todays youth though.

Falahk agreeing with anyone is a forum first surely?

And youth of today? You do know I listen to music from the 60's and 70's right?

I'm pretty sure it have happend before...thought I dont see the point in mentioning it very often ;)

would go against this image I have going....nitpicking on random statements with illogical reasoning and negativity

I'm pretty sure it have happend before...thought I dont see the point in mentioning it very often ;)

would go against this image I have going....nitpicking on random statements with illogical reasoning and negativity

Oi thats supposed to be my image :D

You just hush!!!

Falahk agreeing with anyone is a forum first surely?

And youth of today? You do know I listen to music from the 60's and 70's right?

And? just because you listen to 60's and 70's doesn't make you cultured :D

Just submitted mine.. how long did you wait before you got emailed?

It can take owt from 20 mins to 2 hours.

Not biting much today. You realise you can overreact now you're a mod now right? :D

Bloody snow is back here, **** loads :(

Yes, but calling you a ***** just for the hell of it doesn't seem fair :D. Its snowing again here as well, but the wind is really bad.

so SRL what kind of music do you listen to? provide some examples

for all I care 60's and 70's could sound a bit like

Think he's into his rock.

Was snowing, looks like it will again, I'll probably get stuck up here in the hills again.. sigh

Stuck at the missus home again?

That's some good stuff. If you want to hear the origin of quality guitar, you need to wrap your ears around Freddie King and T-Bone Walker.

Hendrix is my personal hero.

Love Hendrix, although Slash is my inspiration when it comes to me writing music.

Keith Moon, best rock and roll drummer ever.

Roger Daltrey said whateer stories you've heard about him, they're probably true.

I'm more of a John Bonham fan myself, but Keith Moon :cool:.

Jesus, only just had a chance to catch up with the weeks transfers etc..

Newcastle are going all out arent they?

Although, I'd be worried about the lack of a Striker to help Cisse.

They signed a striker Gouffran, his only issue is hes allergic to grass :D

How have they been playing in France? I know alot of them are considered good players. But have they been playing well?

Yeah they got some really good players in especially in Sissokko and Mbwia.

Sissoko in particular has been a top top player for the last 4 seasons in the minimal amount of games I've been able to see in france..

Not sure how he'd fit in with Tiote and Cabaye .. unless he's planning on sticking with one up front and a 5 man midfield with all 3.

Debuchy is a great RB and will slot in just fine straight away, has a good attacking streak in him too.

Yanga-Mbiwa is a great mobile CB as well, I suspect he was being groomed for when Colo was going to leave but having both obviously makes them stronger.

Don't really know much about Haidara tbh, Gouffran hasn't impressed me at all tbh, but he's got a bit of guile and pace about him I guess.