Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I'd also have to say that this is one of our best January transfer windows in a long time. Darius Henderson, Gonzalo Jara, Stephen McLaughlin and Elliott Ward and we're close to signing Kuwaiti keeper Khalid Al-Rashidi. Jara and Ward are both loans till the end of the season and we've been a lot more solid at the back since they've come in. They're also out of contract in the summer I think so it'd be nice to sign them permanently. McLaughlin is one for the future that we've signed from Derry City for about £200k and Henderson has joined on a six month deal for free from Millwall. We've made bids for Chris Burke(£300k), Danny Fox and George Boyd. I still feel we need another centre back and/or a left back. So if we can't get Fox, I'd like us to go after Murphy from Birmingham. I'd also like us to go back in for Burke and personally think the longer we leave it, the more chance we have of getting him for what we've currently offered. I'd also like to see us go in for Davies from Birmingham as well. We could possibly do with another Radi type player as well.

We've also shifted some players out as well. Camp has gone to Norwich for free, Derbyshire has gone to Blackpool on loan for the season and Moloney has joined Bristol City on a free. We've also shifted McGoldrick on loan to Ipswich for the rest of the season which can be made permanent iirc. We've also released Robbie Findley.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also have to say that this is one of our best January transfer windows in a long time. Darius Henderson, Gonzalo Jara, Stephen McLaughlin and Elliott Ward and we're close to signing Kuwaiti keeper Khalid Al-Rashidi. Jara and Ward are both loans till the end of the season and we've been a lot more solid at the back since they've come in. They're also out of contract in the summer I think so it'd be nice to sign them permanently. McLaughlin is one for the future that we've signed from Derry City for about £200k and Henderson has joined on a six month deal for free from Millwall. We've made bids for Chris Burke(£300k), Danny Fox and George Boyd. I still feel we need another centre back and/or a left back. So if we can't get Fox, I'd like us to go after Murphy from Birmingham. I'd also like us to go back in for Burke and personally think the longer we leave it, the more chance we have of getting him for what we've currently offered. I'd also like to see us go in for Davies from Birmingham as well. We could possibly do with another Radi type player as well.

We've also shifted some players out as well. Camp has gone to Norwich for free, Derbyshire has gone to Blackpool on loan for the season and Moloney has joined Bristol City on a free. We've also shifted McGoldrick on loan to Ipswich for the rest of the season which can be made permanent iirc. We've also released Robbie Findley.

I see you're after a wide man too.... Always though Adomah would fit in well with your lot if you can afford him

Yeah, on paper, they are soooo strong, I'll certainly be playing as them after the update, as long as they get the rating in game as they should.

It just makes you wonder how they fill the home grown positions in their squad :D.

Someone made a bid for him the other day. Some people thought it was us. However it was Crystal Palace. Personally I don't know much about him. But if he doesn't cost an arm and a leg, so £1.5m max, then I'd be happy with him.

No one knows how much our owners are worth. Some say nothing, some say they're really rich. They certainly have big plans for the club and rumours are they want to expand the main stand to roughly the same size as the Trent and Brian Clough. I'd personally like us to try and get Burke, Davies and Murphy if I am going to be honest.

You only have to have 8 in a matchday squad don't you?

Krul, Perch, Ameobi, Williamson and now I am struggling.

the other Ameobi, Harper, Biggi, Taylor .. urrmmm

It is in the squad for the season. It doesn't have to be in the matchday squad does it?

Harper, S.Ameobi, Sh.Ameobi, Williamson, Perch, Simpson, Taylor, Gosling, Rob Elliot, Ranger, Ferguson and Krul if he is home grown.

um6clMM.png?1

Still in first season... too early to throw him in for a few games you reckon?

Got him in my Ajax squad. Not really thrown him in yet, but that's because I have alot of older options. (By older I mean players around 20-22)

----------------------------

Also, the snow won't defeat me. Went for a curry last night and in the space on an hour and 45mins taxis had stopped running. But nevermind, me and the missus walked home. Two hours it took, no problem. Even stopped off on the way for a pint. **** you snow!! **** you. :cool:

I've been on it before and when I applied for other jobs and left I was swiftly taken off. That was on my FM12 save.

As you know I stayed on the "Favoured Personnel" list of three clubs in my FM12 save. Including when I crossed the divide from City to United. Legend I am.

Love Hendrix, although Slash is my inspiration when it comes to me writing music.

I saw BB King at the Albert Hall last year, and Slash was one of the guests (along with Ronnie Wood, and they for some reason also let Mick Hucknall in). Slash absolutely battered every other guitarist on stage.

As you know I stayed on the "Favoured Personnel" list of three clubs in my FM12 save. Including when I crossed the divide from City to United. Legend I am.

Obviously ;).

I saw BB King at the Albert Hall last year, and Slash was one of the guests (along with Ronnie Wood, and they for some reason also let Mick Hucknall in). Slash absolutely battered every other guitarist on stage.

I saw Slash & Myles Kennedy at Download a few years ago. That was literally a joygasm to my ears.

Afternoon all. i am 10 beers to the good and watching the City VS Stoke game while the wife has went to bed early.

BLISS!!

EDIT: the wife also introduced me to one of her childhood games. Leisure suit Larry. I have to admit it was actually a fun little set of games.

Love Hendrix, although Slash is my inspiration when it comes to me writing music.

Pete Townshend is my favourite guitarist, same with Jimmy Page, George Harrison and Lil' Wayne :cool:

I'm more of a John Bonham fan myself, but Keith Moon :cool:.

I'e had this argument, they are both great, but I really do think Keith Moon pips it. Playing a concert on horse tranquilizers has to score you some points .. :brock:

I did wonder! it was the 'afternoon lads' part that confused me...

Ahhh enjoy your evening fella

Yeah i usually adjust my timeframe to take into account that most people in here are from the UK.

Having a good evening so far. fridge is full of beer, wife is asleep and the fitba is on. What more could you want really?

You know what's worse than spending ages on a tactic in this game and it not working at all?

Finding a tactic that works too well... when you win games you have no right winning and find yourself in 2nd place in the premiership when you were looking forward to rebuilding the whole side slowly and get a sense of achievement... :/

You know what's worse than spending ages on a tactic in this game and it not working at all?

Finding a tactic that works too well... when you win games you have no right winning and find yourself in 2nd place in the premiership when you were looking forward to rebuilding the whole side slowly and get a sense of achievement... :/

I welcome you to my whole career save so far.

The thing is, they pasted us at their place before Christmas and have done so again today. Our side has no proper pace which is the problem. Halford and Jara aren't that bad, pace wise. But Collins and Ward have the pace of snails. Collins doesn't deserve to be captain and should be dropped. He's quick to have a go at everyone else when it's his fault.

Don't get me wrong, Watford are a good side, but we made them look better than they were today. We played hoof ball today and it was horrid :(.

The problem is that anyone can beat anyone. We aren't clinical enough infront of goal and don't have a solid enough defence. Today we played Blackstock upfront and all we did was hoof it to him. He's average at best and doesn't deserve a new 4 and a half year deal. I just can't believe we sacked SOD. Our next 8 fixtures are against sides that are below us before todays game. However, I don't think our record against those sides has been that good.

The thing is, they pasted us at their place before Christmas and have done so again today. Our side has no proper pace which is the problem. Halford and Jara aren't that bad, pace wise. But Collins and Ward have the pace of snails. Collins doesn't deserve to be captain and should be dropped. He's quick to have a go at everyone else when it's his fault.

Don't get me wrong, Watford are a good side, but we made them look better than they were today. We played hoof ball today and it was horrid :(.

how is Marco Cassetti doing at Watford? would imagine he is so so going forward, good defensivly and hopeless at positioning himself to deal with crosses from the other side of the pitch?

how is Marco Cassetti doing at Watford? would imagine he is so so going forward, good defensivly and hopeless at positioning himself to deal with crosses from the other side of the pitch?

He's their number 27 iirc. I can't remember tbh. That Vydrej(sp) was good in both games we've played against them. Could possibly see Udinese getting a few calls regarding his services soon.

If Man U's performance tonight is anything to go by, that could be a goal fest.

Saints can't be underestimated though, they have a load of pace out wide, and I'm not convinced that Rafael and Evra like it up 'em.

Haven't seen Rafa much this season then? Depite everyone climbing up Zabaleta's arse, Rafa has easily been the best right back in the league this season.