Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

How long will that take?

After the Easter break I have 4 or 5 more lessons left and that is it. One a week on a Monday night from 6-9pm so not long at all. I need to get a couple of observations in but that is weather dependant at the moment, although they don't worry about that as much as the work to be fair.

I have a reflection assignment which is on my own teaching. Best way to put it is the journey you have been on as a teacher and where you were two years ago to now.

Then I have a QA assignment which is interviewing your pupils, gathering information about a course you ran and writing about it and the final one is a poster on that assignment.

PE. I have been working with secondary school ages but that could change. I might decide to teach further education as my knee's are shot basically and doing any form of exercise has be in complete agony and I struggle to walk so classroom based might be better. There is also the possibility of teaching primary school kids too as they are crying out for male teachers and the odd few even appoint full time PE staff.

Now remember SRL, no keeping the girls back after class for extra "lessons".

Disturbing bloke you are.

I have to say WWFAN has a lot more patience than i ever would have.

Sometimes you have to.

there is no need to assume that SRL would do what you would have done if placed in the same situation

Would anyone seriously want to know what is going on inside Tom's head?

I have to say that anyone posting in GD is just plain stupid. I had a few laughs with some of the fools in there and have to say they are pretty stupid. Not one of them seems to understand irony. I look forward to the Inevitable threads that will give me ##!#.

I have to say that anyone posting in GD is just plain stupid. I had a few laughs with some of the fools in there and have to say they are pretty stupid. Not one of them seems to understand irony. I look forward to the Inevitable threads that will give me ##!#.

Nice work, it's always worth going in there and stirring up some action. I'm surprised some people in there can actually type.

Nice work, it's always worth going in there and stirring up some action. I'm surprised some people in there can actually type.

I had a few laughs. I appear to have upset someone called Kenco, which is unfortunate as he seems OK.

yourself included?

not everyday that someone admit to such a thing :p

I have to say that anyone posting in GD is just plain stupid.

You have to start somewhere. It isn't always obvious to someone new where they should post for help. Not everyone in there is an idiot, some people genuinely want help. But hey, most of the stupid people will be gone when FM14 comes out as they said they would never buy the game again.

Has anyone got anything planned over the Easter week-end then?

I'm moving in with my girlfriend this weekend... I'll get my farewell's into you guys before then.

First proper year of Easter Egg hunts as a parent, not looking forward to it at all.

Hordes of children dosed up of chocolate is going to end in a very messy crash and burn at some point.

That apart, dedicating five complete evening shifts to my new save, which will be nice.

I'm geting drunk today again, two birthdays in a row
You have to start somewhere. It isn't always obvious to someone new where they should post for help. Not everyone in there is an idiot, some people genuinely want help. But hey, most of the stupid people will be gone when FM14 comes out as they said they would never buy the game again.
ppl's inability to read stickys/forum rules before posting some useless junk is pretty staggering thought

ppl's inability to read stickys/forum rules before posting some useless junk is pretty staggering thought

I read over some of my earlier posts from when I first joined. They were cringeworthy I must say.

I read over some of my earlier posts from when I first joined. They were cringeworthy I must say.

Is there any way to go right back to your first posts if you're not a mod?

I can only see the last 250 of mine and I'll have plenty of complete gibberish that I'd like to see.

I can only see the last 250 of mine and I'll have plenty of complete gibberish that I'd like to see.

you can search each forum section on posts made by specific users (in this case yourself), and that should probably do the trick

First proper year of Easter Egg hunts as a parent, not looking forward to it at all.

Hordes of children dosed up of chocolate is going to end in a very messy crash and burn at some point.

That apart, dedicating five complete evening shifts to my new save, which will be nice.

Thats one thing I never done in my child hood was easter egg hunts! Maybe its not a scottish thing? :D:(

Thats one thing I never done in my child hood was easter egg hunts! Maybe its not a scottish thing? :D:(

My Easter Egg reluctance stems from my upbringing - all my family are Scots apart from me and my sister.

Think my parents used to send us round the garden looking for battered pizzas at Easter ;)

you can search each forum section on posts made by specific users (in this case yourself), and that should probably do the trick

The only ways I know of is to look at your post history on your profile or as Falahk said by searching your name in each forum and see what pops up.

I have good friday off, but then Im on all day saturday and sunday which is going to be a complete killer!

Not working week-ends is one of the good things about a 9-5 job :).

My Easter Egg reluctance stems from my upbringing - all my family are Scots apart from me and my sister.

Think my parents used to send us round the garden looking for battered pizzas at Easter ;)

Touche! Although a battered mars bar is the preference these days :p Is an easter egg hunt an english thing then?

Not working week-ends is one of the good things about a 9-5 job :).

See I dont know if I could do a 9-5 job, because obviously your into a routine, but where do you fit in time to go to the bank etc if you have problems, or any other business that works 9-5? I like the unpredictability of my shifts, but I hate having to deal with an hourly rate atm, because as is the case just now, my grandfather isnt expected to live the week, so I ended up taking last week off work, and thats what 40-50 hours easy I could have been paid for, so Im struggling for my bills :(

I work in an office so I do most of the work I need to such as sorting things out with the bank etc over the phone and just use my work time to do that. I am at work now which is the reason I am probably on the forums a fair bit during the day. I am salried so no matter if I am off on holiday or the sick I get paid the same every month.

When do shops stop selling Easter Eggs? I have to buy an Easter Egg for a mate who I won't be seeing for about another 2 weeks, can i leave it two weeks or is that pushing it?

Pushing it for sure mate, just go grab one from your local quickly and thats it sorted

Easter eggs get sold way after Easter. Morrisons used to sell the leftovers a few weeks after. Although the cheaper, offer ones usually went. What type are you looking to get Gizmo? Just a normal branded one or a one with a mug? It might be worth getting one of the normal branded ones as most supermarkets will have them on some sort of offer. Morrisons last week had them at a £1. This week I'm not sure but most of the time the branded ones will usually be on some sort of offer.

Easter eggs get sold way after Easter. Morrisons used to sell the leftovers a few weeks after. Although the cheaper, offer ones usually went. What type are you looking to get Gizmo? Just a normal branded one or a one with a mug? It might be worth getting one of the normal branded ones as most supermarkets will have them on some sort of offer. Morrisons last week had them at a £1. This week I'm not sure but most of the time the branded ones will usually be on some sort of offer.

Listen to the boy, he used to work for them :D

Just a normal Easter Egg, doesn't have to have a mug with it. I'll risk it until next week then, if they've sold out you're 100% to blame though NF ok thanks