Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

So am I. Though for one of them, it will be a bit of a chore.

It's what happens when you've been with the same women for a number of years. Try mixing it up and doing different things :thup:

So am I. Though for one of them, it will be a bit of a chore.

You're up this neck of the woods tomorrow aren't you?

It's what happens when you've been with the same women for a number of years. Try mixing it up and doing different things :thup:

I have both kids today as the other half is at work. I can imagine that my day will be filled up with running them around to see their friends.

You're up this neck of the woods tomorrow aren't you?

Yep. Not really looking forward to it. Going out today at fourish-ish with an old friend, then got to get my arse out of bed and up to the North East tomorrow. Also my nephews 4th birthday tomorrow from three until five. Fair to say I'm not everyones favourite person as I'm obviously going to miss most of it. :D

This made me chuckle;

How many Liverpool fans does it take to change a light bulb? None, they just sit in the dark & talk about how good the old one was.

Brilliant. I heard this today: North Korea declaring war on another country is about as meaningless as Liverpool verbally threatening to challenge us for the league title.

Afternoon all. Whats everyone up to? I am eagerly awaiting the Man U vs Sunderland game. I reckon Sir Alex will be using the back ups in anticipation of Mondays game. Should be interesting to see how they do. Sunderland should be useless now that Steven Fletcher is gone. i would be more of an attacking threat than the rest of them.

Oh and by the way for that lad that doesn't like my drinking. I have a whole case of beer to regale you with!!

How are Forest going these days? i don't really get much chance to look at the championship reulsts, they are in the championship aren't they?

EDIT: must admit i am surprised to see Carrick, Young and Van Persie in the line up. I really thought Alex would have rested all the big names for Monday.

How are Forest going these days? i don't really get much chance to look at the championship reulsts, they are in the championship aren't they?

They are in the Championship. McLeish went after 40/41 days :D. King Billy came back and we're unbeaten in 7, won the past 6. We should have beat Bolton as well(the draw). We've gone from being something stupid in terms of points off the play-offs to 5th, 1 clear of Leicester(6th) and Brighton(7th). We play Brighton today and are currently 8 points off 2nd. Play-offs would be good enough. But considering how close the league is and form of other sides around us, I haven't given up hope of automatic.

Good luck to you. It would be good to see Nottingham Forest back in the top league. I am stuck watching Rangers struggle to beat Stirling Albion.

EDIT: I have to admit i thought Sunderland could maybe sneak this one. Based on the current performance, and i know it is only 17 mins in, they look pretty clueless.

EDIT2: Pretty poor form from Sunderland there. I reckon Van Persie must be the buy of the century, never mind the season.

EDIT2: Pretty poor form from Sunderland there. I reckon Van Persie must be the buy of the century, never mind the season.

Sunderland are shocking and have been for some time. O'Neil is such a clueless manager.

EDIT: must admit i am surprised to see Carrick, Young and Van Persie in the line up. I really thought Alex would have rested all the big names for Monday.

I wasn't. It was always the priority this season to put City back in their place, anything else is a bonus. Also if you look at who was left out today, the side will still be extremely strong against Chelsea. Worth noting aswell that the green engine has yet to start an FA Cup game yet.

Can't believe Young took an age to play van Persie in in the last minute. Whalley.

They are. We barely got out of first gear today, and apart from the odd ball lumped into the box we had nothing to worry about.

That is O'Neill's tactics though. He really is clueless. He doesn't have the tactical nous how to change a game. If they kept him in charge they were bound for the drop. Now, they may stand a chance, although their run-in doesn't suggest it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-21987151

That, not that it has anything to do with it. But, when you said there was meant to be another game today. I thought, possibly that Sky had listen to this person. Maybe.

Not remotely. :D

It's because our game against Chelsea is now tomorrow, and they were meant to be the 4pm kick off away at Southampton today.

Now, despite me being non-religious. I thought I'd be more thoughtful than that. Because we're on a forum where there might be religious people.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but it's a nonense. What on earth has it got to do with religion if there's games on Easter Sunday? Football doesn't say "you can't celebrate Chritmas on a Saturday because we play games then".

religion has no place in sport. If the dirty b******* can't keep their hands to themselves in their own churches they shouldn't be allowed to comment on anything.

If i have offended anyone religious with this comment then i apologise for that but the comment still stands wether you like it or not.

EDIT: is this Toney gut in GD new or just a wind up merchant? He seems intent on insisting the game is the worst peice of **** ever. I am begining to think he works for Fifa Manager or something.

EDIT2: i have been surfing GD for a few days now. Is it just me or are the people in there just completely stupid. Most of them seem to be going on about a **** ME this year. I may be wrong but i don't have any issues with the ME this year. Is it just me or are the people in GD just plain nuts?

EDIT2: i have been surfing GD for a few days now. Is it just me or are the people in there just completely stupid. Most of them seem to be going on about a **** ME this year. I may be wrong but i don't have any issues with the ME this year. Is it just me or are the people in GD just plain nuts?

If you like people asking about ME then check my career thread out on the last page. I was baffled by the question.

If you like people asking about ME then check my career thread out on the last page. I was baffled by the question.

can you link me to your career thread? Sorry but i only realy go in here and the GD forum. No idea where the career thread evn is.

Looks like FrazT has closed down the fun in GD about the match engine. I have to say though some of those people are completely useless. I am sure all they do is come on here to complain.

Went there. I am not sure who is worse, on the last page i saw anyway. Rikulec telling you to apply for the dodgy Vincent Kompany team job or Swallow1050 saying he can't but players due to the ME.

The Rikulec comment is tongue in cheek due to where I started my save at, but the ME comment baffled me.

Just click on Forum in the top left and then it is the FM Career Updates. Best part of the forum :cool:.

If you like one line answers of 'cool story bro' 'nice effort' 'unlucky on the promotion' :rolleyes::D