Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Wouldn't go near Scottish football again, as I wouldn't manage anyone other than Celtic and it would be a bit easy.

Thinking about Real Madrid. I had a little dabble, (a dozen matches or so), when the game first came out, and I want to take the things I now know about traing to them and make them into a Barcelona style club. I also want to try and replicate Cristiano's brilliance from real life.

The Dortmund save I'm unure of. I've just completed my first season winning the league and cup double, but I'm not sure whether I want to carry it on.

Go for Club Atlético Independiente in Argentina.

European leagues are boring, its all about South America :thup:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

What division are River Plate in? Still the second?

No Premier again. Still a challenge though because they don't have a pot to **** in for years the finances are that bad.

Or you could go Brazil and go with Palmeiras who got relegated to 2nd division.

I struggle to get into games where I don't know the players at the start.

Somewhat narrows my options as I only watch La Liga, the Premier League and European games.

I don't actually even support anyone.....

The opposite for me, I love playing somewhere that I don't know how the league structures work or where I don't know the players.

I then tend to research the clubs I play as and try and learn about them :o

I used to go through a stage back on FM08 or something where I would manage a team based off who was on Super Sunday. Found myself starting a game every week :D.

Bit miffed with The Dugout registration process.

Some of the input in the tactical threads there is excellent and I wanted a piece of the pie, but my "registration at The Dugout Football Manager Community did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted."

They have had spam email issues but FFS, if you've got a low volume of forum traffic like they have, the mods should think about whatever the vetting process is before blocking new users. SI are clearly a lot more lax about who they let in ;)

The Mentalist. Best show on TV. Easily.

Sorry but Game of Thrones pisses on it. But The Mentalist is good though, I just hope we actually do find out who Red John is because its dragging on and they can't keep it up forever :(

Sod it, Real Madrid it is. Viva Ronaldo, etc, etc.

Pfft :(

Sorry but Game of Thrones pisses on it. But The Mentalist is good though, I just hope we actually do find out who Red John is because its dragging on and they can't keep it up forever :(

I like the fact that the Red John thing is still there. It keeps the show interesting long term as there are episodes where the case barely gets a mention, and then just a few lines at the end set up the next episode to be fetured around Red John perfectly.

Basically I like the fact that the show has, in the main, diffrent cases/stories each episode, yet always has that under current running through it. (If that makes sense).

Pfft :(

Pure self indulgence so I can manage Cristiano.

Cleon (or anyone else that can answer). i have just read the chalkboard diaries (SP?). I loved it and as per usual (ala the Ajax thread you created, which reinvented my understanding of training) i have decided to try to recreate the formation you had at the start of the Sheff Untd save.

I know you wont directely tell me what to do but can you direct me to a thread that will allow me to learn about the tactic or tactics in general? Sorry if i am being an @r$e but i really dont understand how the tactics side of the game works.

Cheers, Fuzzrab

Having a nice afternoon. The wife has taken my girls out, so I'm listening to the SONOS and sneaking in a bonus couple of FM hours.

Having been off work for two weeks' Paternity Leave, I'm sporting a fine beard which I'm a bit reluctant to shave off ahead of a return to work on Monday.

I just couldn't care less about the second game. Hope it's 4-4 and I get to watch an entertaining game. The first match on the other hand, well it goes without saying I want a Tottenham win because we could then secure the title tomorrow against Villa.

I see Liverpool are looking like bringing that insuffereable cretin Kenny Dalglish back to the club in some ambassadorial role again. Yep, it worked really well having him lurking in the background when Roy Hodgson was in charge.

When, (or rather to pander to SRL, if), things go wrong under Brendan Rodgers, those deluded fools in the Kop will no doubt start demanding his sacking and that Dalglish be re-appointed yet again. I relish that day.

I see Liverpool are looking like bringing that insuffereable cretin Kenny Dalglish back to the club in some ambassadorial role again. Yep, it worked really well having him lurking in the background when Roy Hodgson was in charge.

When, (or rather to pander to SRL, if), things go wrong under Brendan Rodgers, those deluded fools in the Kop will no doubt start demanding his sacking and that Dalglish be re-appointed yet again. I relish that day.

haha Dalglish :D

Liverpool are only 1 point better off than last season at this stage of the season. Do Pool fans think that is progress?

Absolutely delighted are points are coming off this season, fresh start for next season.

It also makes it better knowing that it is probably eating MLG inside :D

We won't sack Rodgers, and if we do, and for that matter those who want him gone, which there are some, are just complete idiots.

Liverpool are only 1 point better off than last season at this stage of the season. Do Pool fans think that is progress?

With games still to play this season and we have scored more goals too. I don't know what people expected this season really but those saying we should be up there with Arsenal etc are daft. That was never going to happen this season.

We won't sack Rodgers, and if we do, and for that matter those who want him gone, which there are some, are just complete idiots.

With games still to play this season and we have scored more goals too. I don't know what people expected this season really but those saying we should be up there with Arsenal etc are daft. That was never going to happen this season.

But at this stage last season you still had the exact same amount of games to play. You're only 1 point better off than last season, it's not about been up there with Arsenal etc its about sacking someone and replacing him and seeing progress. Is 1 point different classed as progress at this stage of the season? You've scored 12 more goals than this stage last season but still conceded the same.

I just wonder what Liverpool fans class as progress. 1 point more, more goals and less cups? I'm not sure its progress in all honesty.

But at this stage last season you still had the exact same amount of games to play. You're only 1 point better off than last season, it's not about been up there with Arsenal etc its about sacking someone and replacing him and seeing progress. Is 1 point different classed as progress at this stage of the season? You've scored 12 more goals than this stage last season but still conceded the same.

I just wonder what Liverpool fans class as progress. 1 point more, more goals and less cups? I'm not sure its progress in all honesty.

I wonder if Dortmund fans were asked the same questions when they had their barren patch before building themselves back up to what they are now.

At the end of the day, we have a new gaffa in trying to get players to work on new stuff, with a whole change up of the playing staff really. Rodgers has got rid of all the older players bloating the wage bill up and brought in younger players with their best years ahead of them, although admittedly the Borini & Allen deals haven't worked out as of yet, but there is time for them to work as they're both still young. It has been very much a one step forward, one step back type of season and the draws at Arsenal and City followed by defeat to WBA shows that.

I don't see the argumants about the cup as warranted as you don't do well in them every year. At the end of the day, we are playing much better football with a manager who actually knows something about tactics (Dalglish didn't have a clue) with a pretty young squad. We are only going to get better and I am prepared for another couple seasons of 5th - 7th before we break back into the top 4.

Sweet baby Jesus! Have been dragged round a playground all afternoon and just seen the result.

Inspired AVB or insipid Mancini?

Both. Regarding Mancini, they were cruising at the break but Milner had to go off with a tight hamstring. In his infinite wisdom, he brought on Kolarov & moved Nasri to the right. The better move would have been to bring on Sinclair to keep Assou-Ekotto pinned back.

Villas-Boas then made a great change bringing on a footballer for Scott Parker, who totally changed Tottenham's attacking style.