Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Nope, just that your ego is clearly so inflated that you always think people are talking to/about you. Either that or you just have a wee crush on my and are eager to catch my attention. For what it's worth, I'm just not that into you.

Now please just go and reassert your masculinity by having sex with your other half, or do as you normally and make some glib comment in my direction.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everyone been upto? I slept majority of day, proper idle day. Best sleep I've had for about a year :cool:

Working with a bunch of numpty's, just made a chicken salad for tea and now trying to get my laptop to charge for long enough for me to take my college work etc off so I can get it serviced.

I thought you'd got it sorted ages ago?

I never got round to taking it in. It still charged but now it will hardly do that. I only need 10 minutes out of the battery but its dead at the minute.

Nope, just that your ego is clearly so inflated that you always think people are talking to/about you. Either that or you just have a wee crush on my and are eager to catch my attention. For what it's worth, I'm just not that into you.

Now please just go and reassert your masculinity by having sex with your other half, or do as you normally and make some glib comment in my direction.

Not always, Tom. Only when people post directly below me without mentioning any other names. It's logical for one to assume they're being spoken to when you post directly below them unless you've quoted someone else. I haven't got the interest to keep up this conversation with you. You win, congratulations.

I honestly believe that if today keeps on going the way it is at the moment that I am going to punch one of my colleagues. Never met such a thick set of people.

I could murder my colleagues and my so called supervisor, never met such a lazy bunch of imcompetent twats in all my days, having to do all the work, and then going in early tomorrow to cover the idiots training, FML

You're living off caffeine? If you're at burnout at the gym, rather than just in life then eat about 30-60 minutes before going. I typically have about 75g of whole grain brown rice and a chicken breast. This normally gives me enough energy in the gym to get through an hour. I was like you always burning out because I used to go from work, so I'd not eaten since about 12:30 and was at the gym for 6pm so surviving on no food.

I'm sure Cleon would have a better answer (which I look forward to reading about).

Its not from the gym, havent been there in a while, its from work family bearevements and stress, its all culminated in making me ill quite often just now, so im looking to bounce back from that, and get fit again, as im struggling with the 10 miles or so i walk in work a day then coming home having crap sleeps, and getting up and doing it again at an earlier time

I could murder my colleagues and my so called supervisor, never met such a lazy bunch of imcompetent twats in all my days, having to do all the work, and then going in early tomorrow to cover the idiots training, FML

I don't know how some people here got jobs. They need to be spoon fed every single bit of information on a daily basis. I do actually call them a bunch of thick gits when they ask stupid questions and they have the nerve to wonder why. I wouldn't be surprised to hear them ask the answer to 2+2.

You are a master baiter :)

Where's this tactic then......

It's a fair way off being ready to post at the minute as it's an attempt at trying to fully explain why I make/made the choices I do/did. Also it's not anything hugely left field so it might be a let down to some!!

However, there is a Libero......

It's a fair way off being ready to post at the minute as it's an attempt at trying to fully explain why I make/made the choices I do/did. Also it's not anything hugely left field so it might be a let down to some!!

However, there is a Libero......

On an existing save or a new one?

I'm tempted to create a save in 2024 where I quit Barca and go somewhere possibly outside Europe with a decent standard.

Brazil has been done by a few but is tempting, any suggestions?

I was toying with the idea of MLS or A League, but suspect it'll be South America so I get the Libertadores.

If it were Europe (Champions League still appeals), has anyone done much in Belgium?

I'm tempted to create a save in 2024 where I quit Barca and go somewhere possibly outside Europe with a decent standard.

Brazil has been done by a few but is tempting, any suggestions?

I was toying with the idea of MLS or A League, but suspect it'll be South America so I get the Libertadores.

If it were Europe (Champions League still appeals), has anyone done much in Belgium?

Never been in Belgium, but have you thought of somewhere smaller, an eastern European country, like Slovakia or Czech Republic? Or even Poland?

It's from the Real Madrid one I started the other day and why I doubt it'll be to everyones taste.

I explain why I set up the initial tactic I did with them, and the roles that work within it. From there i move on to explain why my thoughts on it changed and how that lead me to the new set up.

Basically, I'm ripping off Cleons Chalkboard Diaries thread. :brock:

Never been in Belgium, but have you thought of somewhere smaller, an eastern European country, like Slovakia or Czech Republic? Or even Poland?

I haven't but won't rule anything out. I just want to chance my arm somewhere new, ideally at a club with a sodding massive stadium that I can try to fill. If it isn't Brazil (I have to wait until January for that league to become active, I'm currently in July 2024), I'll have to do a Guardiola and have a year off before even finding out if the club I want to go to has a vacancy. French national job is going and might keep me busy while I wait.

FFS. Managed to delete my save from the end of the 23/24 season!

Still have the same save at the end of the 22/23 season so no biggie, but I'll definitely be changing club now, can't be bothered with replaying a season I've already done.

Have loaded Argentina's two divisions and the top two in Brazil with the intention of going to Brazil, but will see if any big Argentine offers come in in the six months that is active before the Brazilian league becomes active.....

Immediately offered the United job after resigning (Vincenzo Montella left them to take over at Camp Nou)! Rejected.

Do you have a Mac? I know their time machine will allow you to recover the file. Even if deleted.

Nope.

It's not a bad thing, I'd done a decade at the same club and it had become far too easy.

Have been looking around my save while I process towards January 2024 when Brazil becomes active.

Argentine football is skint, but Corinthians in Brazil have a nice big stadium and healthy finances; finances generally in Brazil seem stable, but I'm aware that the league structure is a bit "special".

I played in Brazil once. I didn't research their league structure before playing. It was slightly confusing.

I'm researching now before I commit to anything!

I know there are loads of games and it takes me a while to do a season already, so more time might not be what I'm after.

This helped: http://www.brazilfooty.com/brazilian-football-explained/

Sounds like a weird setup, but hasn't put me off.

The State Championship sounds a bit odd, presumably quite a few really easy games?

What it does mean is that squad management will be key (rotation will definitely be key), which in turn means that Youth Development will be critical.

Thanks for the link. This is fascinating.

Many players, however, go beyond using their first name and use a nickname or a name they’ve been given. Kaka´s real name is: Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite. He ended up with Kaká because there is a ka sound in the middle of RiCArdo. Somalia – the Botafogo midfielder – is actually Paulo Rogério Reis Silva. He got his name Somalia because he is black, with very dark skin, like people from Somalia. Not very politically correct that but he doesn’t seem to mind… Vágner Love’s real name is Vágner Silva de Souza. The Love part of the name, as the story goes, is because he used to frequently bring girls back to his hotel room whilst travelling with his teammates.

If that second nickname is true then that is quite an issue. Although saying that. When my dad was in the forces, around the time I was born. One of his best mates was called Chalky Harvey. Yet he was a big black guy.

I thought Kaka got his name from his younger brother. As he couldn't pronounce the name?

Seen this on the bbc website. Is it possible http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22065978

Hahaha. I'm just generally intrigued as to whether you could live off £15/£20 shopping a week. I know it's supposed to be cheaper to cook meals from fresh but surely it costs more than that.

You probably could as a one-off, but I doubt it's viable every single week.

It's definitely cheaper to cook stuff from scratch. Doesn't always taste as good, but definitely cheaper.

That's the thing. With supermarkets changing their prices every week and obviously stock levels. If the supply for raw basic foods went up then costs would just rise due to the cost of continuously growing those basics.

My mum on average spends probably close to £150 a week on shopping. Possibly more. That's risen by about £50 quid in 5 years. The thing is, in that she's able to pick up some mince, fish, fruit and other items. I don't think that article is that good tbh as that's going on the very basics.

Recording The Mentalist. ~Watched all the episodes I had already recorded last weekend and I don't like to just watch one at once. Got the final four episodes of season 2 of Homeland to watch, so will get a couple done atleast this evening.

Can't believe she is one already. Hope you enjoy tomorrow, always believe first birthdays are as much for the parents. :)

Recording The Mentalist. ~Watched all the episodes I had already recorded last weekend and I don't like to just watch one at once. Got the final four episodes of season 2 of Homeland to watch, so will get a couple done atleast this evening.

Can't believe she is one already. Hope you enjoy tomorrow, always believe first birthdays are as much for the parents. :)

So I've now got a 10 year old, 9 year old and a 1 year old daughter. I feel so ****ing old :(

I did that with Game of Thrones, recorded all season 1 and watched all 12 episodes over 2 days. Much better like that imo. I did the same with Heroes too :D

You are so ****ing old.

I thought I was 33 but I'm not, I'm still 32. I've been telling people for months and filling forms in saying I was 33 :(

Can't wait to get stuck into this tomorrow;

80823434.jpg

You must be joking? You didn't even know your own age?

I want the elephant.

I knew roughly how old I was but I've lost a year somewhere. It happens as you get older :(

Funnily enough, I said I wanted the elephant too

I have a terrible case of not knowing who to be in FM. I have started and ended saves today at Gremio, FC Nantes and Bayern Munich :(

EDIT - now I'm Chelsea!?

At least I have Luiz and Romeu as Liberos, and no need to worry about quality strikers at Stamford Bridge....

Me to \o/. I'm suffering from FM burnout. That's from me not liking managing big sides and usually struggling to manage abroad :(.

Can I have the elephant please Cleon. Also, how do you not know your age ffs :D. Or forget it at least.

Tomorrow is crunch day. If we lose we can kiss the play-offs good bye. We also need Watford to win tonight as well to keep Leicester out of it a little.

I have a terrible case of not knowing who to be in FM. I have started and ended saves today at Gremio, FC Nantes and Bayern Munich :(

Go Palmeiras because they were relegated and are now in Second Division. Got a decent squad, big stadium and a TV deal so will get quite a bit of money when successful. You should still be able to win the State Championship as well or finish top 2. Massive squad too so you can make some money to spend 1st season.

Me to \o/. I'm suffering from FM burnout. That's from me not liking managing big sides and usually struggling to manage abroad :(.

Can I have the elephant please Cleon. Also, how do you not know your age ffs :D. Or forget it at least.

Tomorrow is crunch day. If we lose we can kiss the play-offs good bye. We also need Watford to win tonight as well to keep Leicester out of it a little.

I'm not sure about others, but I don't use my age in every day life. Normally the only time I think about my age is around a birthday or for filling passport renewals in etc. So its quite easy to forget, for me it is atleast.

Go Palmeiras because they were relegated and are now in Second Division. Got a decent squad, big stadium and a TV deal so will get quite a bit of money when successful. You should still be able to win the State Championship as well or finish top 2. Massive squad too so you can make some money to spend 1st season.

Sao Paulo :cool: