Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

It wasn't so much that i felt i couldn't achieve a good job over there. It was more that the women i loved was moving back to Australia and i had to make a desicion. A) do i stay in the UK and leave the girl i love or B) do i move to the other side of the world and keep the girl i love. I chose the later.
Life is a whole lot better than what i could have expected in the UK. I have a good job, a house of our own and some great friends through the experience. Things i would never have been able to achieve if i was in th UK, bar the friends part.

I read the same as Cleon. You said you'd never have been able to achieve them in the UK. But glad things are working out for you, all the same. My aunt moved to Cairns a couple of years back and said it's the best decisions she's ever made.

I do believe, however, there there's a huge difference in the quality of life between living in Dubai and Australia. The latter being suitable for a more permanent move. I couldn't do it myself as the heat is not to my liking.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Had our 6 month old cat spayed on Friday, went shopping today, got back and between her and our 9 week old kitten they had taken the post-op coat off and pulled one of the stitches out. God knows how they did that but just had the 6 month old to the vet who has taken the other stitch out and luckily the wound has healed enough after 4 days.

Dogs are better.

Cats are smarter.

How do they spay a kitten? Two really small bricks?

The exact way it was worded to me was her ovaries and uterus were completely removed.

Do be quiet. Carragher will be cracking and him and Neville will be excellent together.

**** off you cretin. I'm sick to the back teeth with you coming out with crap like that. Such a turd since becoming a mod. Patronising isn't even the word for how you behave. :D

Joking apart, does Carragher strike you as insightful?

Can't see it myself, but expect lots of Scouse "erm"'s.

He was pretty good for ITV during the World Cup and pretty much lives and breathes football. No one thought Neville would be any good before he joined Sky and look how that turned out. I think it will be a similar case with Carra.

**** off you cretin. I'm sick to the back teeth with you coming out with crap like that. Such a turd since becoming a mod. Patronising isn't even the word for how you behave. :D

You're one to talk. You know where the ignore button is if it bothers you that much.

Someone else said you had changed after becoming a mod, and they were right. :D

I like the way you have no real argument in reply. It is clear to all that you are the most patronising person on the entire forum.

I like the way you have no real argument in reply. It is clear to all that you are the most patronising person on the entire forum.

There wasn't any argument to be made with your response in all honesty. It was just a bit something and nothing. As in I could reply in some glib manner, or choose not to.

Now go off and beat your girlfriend, there's a good lamb. :brock:

Anyway, enough of all that, I'm sure SRL wants to move on just as much as me. You know, back to talking about cats or whatever else. :D

The Dortmund game has started with Real at express pace. But they can't score. Really hope Dortmund do this.

Impressive, controlled performance from Dortmund here, they should be ahead.

Hopefully they can keep hold of Reus and Lewandowski to keep the Bundesliga relatively competitive next season.

Reus won't be going anwhere, he turned down Bayern to join Dortmund after all! As for Lewandowski, I'd love him to sign a new deal and stay at Dortmund, but failing that, get the cheque book out Sir Alex.

I read the same as Cleon. You said you'd never have been able to achieve them in the UK. But glad things are working out for you, all the same. My aunt moved to Cairns a couple of years back and said it's the best decisions she's ever made.

Yeah like i said my reply wasnt as well constructed as i would have liked due to my wine intake. However moving to Australia was the best thing i ever did. definately a much better quality of life. Also, as a sort of bonus, sport is much cheaper to watch live over here. It only costs around $25-$30 for a ticket for most domestic games.

I do believe, however, there there's a huge difference in the quality of life between living in Dubai and Australia. The latter being suitable for a more permanent move. I couldn't do it myself as the heat is not to my liking.

Yeah i am not sure if i could move to Dubai and all the rules. Especially with my love of a drink.

I've been to the dentist today for the first time in nearly 3 years today. Only needed a little clean :cool:.

I went to the dentist klast year for the first time in 15 odd years. It ended up costing me $3,000.00.

It was mainly beacause i cant stand the dentist. I had to be put under aneasthetic (sp?) which accounted for $1,000 worth of the bill. still my unhealthy lifestyle certainly didn't help either.

Wow. Do you have something similar to the NHS? I don't think you do, do you?

Oh and I've also been told I don't need to go back for 15 months. I eat loads of sugary foods and unhealthy foods but my teeth have always been fine. Every dentist, apart from the one I have now has always said I've needed fillings. Everytime they've given me a filling, it's fallen out that day or a few days after. Therefore I shall now refuse to have fillings.

Wow. Do you have something similar to the NHS? I don't think you do, do you?

Oh and I've also been told I don't need to go back for 15 months. I eat loads of sugary foods and unhealthy foods but my teeth have always been fine. Every dentist, apart from the one I have now has always said I've needed fillings. Everytime they've given me a filling, it's fallen out that day or a few days after. Therefore I shall now refuse to have fillings.

No not quite like the NHS. The best way i can describe it is as a cross between the NHS & the American system. I do get some money back for certain things, it just depends on the things. You pay up front though and then go and get re-imbursed generally.

Bought a domain and some webhosting today to start a site/blog about tactics. Got loads uploaded already, so should have that ready to go by the start of next week hopefully. Sooner the better tbh considering 1 moron who keeps getting on my nerves in tactics forum.

Bought a domain and some webhosting today to start a site/blog about tactics. Got loads uploaded already, so should have that ready to go by the start of next week hopefully. Sooner the better tbh considering 1 moron who keeps getting on my nerves in tactics forum.

Don't be so harsh on Mr.Herringbone!

Don't be so harsh on Mr.Herringbone!

Blow it out your ass!

First experience of NHS Direct today after my eldest daughter tried to kill herself by headbutting a radiator.

Very handy service. Daughter is still alive and tucked up in bed looking a bit like a mummy thanks to my handiwork with a bandage.

Blow it out your ass!

First experience of NHS Direct today after my eldest daughter tried to kill herself by headbutting a radiator.

Very handy service. Daughter is still alive and tucked up in bed looking a bit like a mummy thanks to my handiwork with a bandage.

Did they come and collect you? They did us when my eldest did something similar and headbutted a wall.

Did they come and collect you? They did us when my eldest did something similar and headbutted a wall.

No, she was fine really. She has a habit of taking all the cushions off the sofa and then dicking about.

This time she flung her head backwards and cracked the back of it on the radiator.

There's was a little bit of bleeding but she's fine, just need to keep an eye on her for 48 hours.

NHS Direct were really reassuring and helpful, very handy.

If they had to collect your eldest, that must have been pretty nasty? Presumably she was OK in the end?

No it wasn't that nasty. She was ******* around and got really hyper and ended up spinning around and she didn't listen when told she would hurt her self. Next second she headbutted wall as she fell. She was fine but NHS direct said because it was a head knock best to get it checked out to be on safe side. So they sent an NHS direct car for her :)

There's also that new number now 111. Is that who you phoned? I think that is NHS direct's new number or atleast something to do with them.

I called some 0845 number, will write 111 down as it won't be the last time we need to call....

Looking forward to your blog. If it isn't me irritating you, is it someone in the specialized role thread?

Indeed it is :D It's not only from that thread though its from them all. He always changes what he is arguing about every single time.

And 111 is for none emergency calls and you speak to doctors/nurses direct if you are worried about anything, especially with little kids :)

I'm loving the resurgent state of German football. Brilliant to see Barca getting humbled at home :cool:

Horrible club who just bully the ref into giving them decisions. Bayern are good tho.

The changing of the guard?

Nah, Barca been poor for a while now and have had big hammering on the cards for a while imo. Only so often Messi can bail them out of trouble week after week. Bayern are good as are Dortmund but I can't see them dominating Europe in all honesty over the next few years.

I really think depending on Man Utd's signings in the summer, they could be the dominant force for next few years. Add Falcao and its guaranteed tbh :D

I really think depending on Man Utd's signings in the summer, they could be the dominant force for next few years. Add Falcao and its guaranteed tbh :D

Really?

I think United have quality, but they lack in key areas, critically in central midfield.

Will be interesting to see what they do in the summer as the talk about Nani and Anderson going is increasing again.

I personally think that Bayern will dominate for two or three years.