Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Really?

I think United have quality, but they lack in key areas, critically in central midfield.

Will be interesting to see what they do in the summer as the talk about Nani and Anderson going is increasing again.

I personally think that Bayern will dominate for two or three years.

Carrick, Cleverley isn't too shabby though. But I agree they need someone else. Hopefully Powell will get games next season too.

It'll be interesting to see what Pep does with Bayern, if he'll carry them forward or try changing them to fit his style as a manager.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate people who get stats wrong and stating its the biggest aggregate semi final win ever, it wasn't it is the 2nd. Rangers 4 Eintracht 12 on aggregate 1960

Hate people who get stats wrong and stating its the biggest aggregate semi final win ever, it wasn't it is the 2nd. Rangers 4 Eintracht 12 on aggregate 1960

Problems is people seem to think football only began in around 1992. You know, around the time that the Premiership and Champions League began.

This guide to getting FM data into Excel is quite interesting for a geek like me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viy7DwFois0

Floats my boat on many levels because my day job involves geeking with Excel constantly, so I'm reasonably good with it.

You could use this data extract to build an Excel file which can track individual player development by attribute, by month.

All you'd need to do is manually extract the data on the first day of each in-game month, append it to the bottom of a main data sheet and add a column showing what month it relates to.

I'm not sure if this would be of interest to people, but I may try to knock something together when I have time and show what it would look like and how it could work.

As data in FM has now become more accessible, it would also be possible to create bespoke in game views so you could extract, track and chart pretty much whatever you want.

You could use this data extract to build an Excel file which can track individual player development by attribute, by month.

All you'd need to do is manually extract the data on the first day of each in-game month, append it to the bottom of a main data sheet and add a column showing what month it relates to.

This already exists in game though :D

I think a lot of people in careers/challenges section of the forum use the exporting FM data though by using the print screen option.

This guide to getting FM data into Excel is quite interesting for a geek like me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viy7DwFois0

Floats my boat on many levels because my day job involves geeking with Excel constantly, so I'm reasonably good with it.

I'm not sure if this would be of interest to people, but I may try to knock something together when I have time and show what it would look like and how it could work.

As data in FM has now become more accessible, it would also be possible to create bespoke in game views so you could extract, track and chart pretty much whatever you want.

I do this but have my own excel sheet that marks a player's attributes as red or green depending on how they develop. Also tracks their mentality and media-handling so I can see how they're developing.

Exporting the data could be better though, as it's not the best format when it comes out of the game.

It does, but could be improved externally.

You could plot attribute development directly alongside player age to get definitive views of when that development slows.

Rather than having loads of attributes simultaneously cluttering a chart, you could choose to drill into specific ones, or ones relevant to a specific role.

God, I'm boring.

I think a lot of people in careers/challenges section of the forum use the exporting FM data though by using the print screen option.

The problem is there's no overview of how all your players attributes are changing. I prefer to have a snapshot of my strikers and see how they're all developing together in a specific role, for example. In game you can only view one player at a time, and only over a 12 month period (I believe).

It's definitely doable, image attached shows two alternatives, one depicting multiple attributes for one player together with their age, one showing a single attribute across multiple players.

All things like player and attributes could be picked from lists. It's probably not as exciting as I expected.

The date range can obviously extend as long as required.

untitled_zpsa0493cc5.png

The problem is there's no overview of how all your players attributes are changing. I prefer to have a snapshot of my strikers and see how they're all developing together in a specific role, for example. In game you can only view one player at a time, and only over a 12 month period (I believe).

No you can view the players full progress over his entire career and see how his attributes have developed. And you can set up screenflows to make it viewable on more than one player :)

Good work so far. Not a fan of the theme though. Also, for this type of blog, wouldn't you be better suited to ordering the posts in ascending order?

I'd not thought of that tbh. It is something to conisder though.

The Blog looks very good. I can see you're still busy on it as it has updated in the time since I've been skimming through.

It's easy to navigate and is well laid out, nice job.

I'm done for today now I think. The next set of posts up will all be new stuff that I haven't posted before. Not sure when I'll get it uploaded though as its the playoffs tomorrow for me so I'll be knackered tomorrow. It'll all be up shortly though :)

Cheers for the nice comments.

Sick of posting on here Cle?

Aye. I have been for a while in all honesty it was the reason I did originally quit. As time goes on I can see myself distancing myself from here though, far too stressful at times :D

Aye. I have been for a while in all honesty it was the reason I did originally quit. As time goes on I can see myself distancing myself from here though, far too stressful at times :D

Better stick around enough to comment on my thread if I ever get it finished/posted!! :mad:

Better stick around enough to comment on my thread if I ever get it finished/posted!! :mad:

Of course. There are only a handful of peoples thread I read these days and comment on. I bet on the first page of the tactics forum I've only read 4 threads. It's better to avoid those who I know will kick off or had issues with in the past tbh.

Small aesthetic observation re the blog Cleon - maybe an image or two on that initial screen would bring it to life a bit more?

I love the Chalkboard theme, but an embedded FM logo or team crests etc. might add a bit of colour?

Hopefully a different header might be able to do that?

Hopefully a different header might be able to do that?

Possibly, I just think it needs a splash of colour. Just that Twitter button has brightened it up a bit, so the odd extra bit like that will work wonders.

Everything you have done so far in the past couple of hours has really sharpened it up.

I've sorted the font I think. I'm just trying to think of ways of breaking up the black and white to add a little more colour.

I thought changing heading colours would work, but I'm not so sure now.

Also I reckon it's worth popping "Cleon" on there somewhere, don't underestimate the brand...

Cool, I'll upload it tomorrow if that's alreet? :)

Ha I didn't think you'd actually take that seriously, hence I wasn't totally serious! :D

You can use anything of mine you like though, feel free.

Also I reckon it's worth popping "Cleon" on there somewhere, don't underestimate the brand...

Would agree with that to be honest.

Ha I didn't think you'd actually take that seriously, hence I wasn't totally serious! :D

You can use anything of mine you like though, feel free.

Would agree with that to be honest.

That include the missus too? :D

I was actually thinking of doing an 'about' page for the site. Maybe I could add it there and add a link on the top bar next to 'home'.

What up fools?

I've got a few mental days at work coming up, which is nice - covering someone else's butt after they stuffed up repeatedly.

Good thing is it means I can just listen to music, ignore my more irritating colleagues and do some balls deep number crunching.

Tune of the moment is Come Inside by The Chemical Brothers, just what I need.

We are like officially the worst side in the play-offs having never made the final. We've lost to Sheffield United(after leading the tie fairly comfortably). We lost to Yeovil after leading very comfortably. We've lost to Blackpool and Swansea. Which is why I do and don't want us to sneak into the play-offs tomorrow.

We hold the record for most playoff final defeats (having never won the playoffs ever) 1997, 2003, 2009, 2012. Preston are the worse side overall though, been in 8 playoff campaigns and not won one :D

Cleon is the Play-Off version off MLG on attendances:brock:.

It's not something you forget when you've been to every single one of them and everything mentions it constant at this time of the year :(

2010, 2011 & 2012 says otherwise.

That doesn't say otherwise. They are still nowhere near us. They have actually made the final in one of those as well.

We hold the record for most playoff final defeats (having never won the playoffs ever) 1997, 2003, 2009, 2012. Preston are the worse side overall though, been in 8 playoff campaigns and not won one :D

At least you've made the final before :(. Didn't realise Preston were so cack. We have a manager who doesn't have the best record in the play-offs either. Lost with us on 2 occasions. Lost with Preston 2 occasions as well iirc and won with Derby.