Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I got laid off in March, don't speak the language and the job offerings are just really scarce here. All the ones I've applied for so far have all had between 120 and 180 applicants. With 2 Bachelor degrees and international work experience I thought this would have been a little easier, but alas, it turns out that not having a job can be hard work at times.

You don't speak English?

I've summed it up tbh. Alot of people with qualifications think they're too good to work in supermarkets and other jobs of that type. If someone gives me a job I'll take it tbh. A job's a job to me and I'd sooner earn money than none. It could be worth lowering your expectations if you haven't already.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't speak English?

I've summed it up tbh. Alot of people with qualifications think they're too good to work in supermarkets and other jobs of that type. If someone gives me a job I'll take it tbh. A job's a job to me and I'd sooner earn money than none. It could be worth lowering your expectations if you haven't already.

I don't speak Finnish ;). After the summer and if cash is running low I will definitely consider flipping burgers or bar tending.

I've seen it too often that friends got stuck at jobs they didn't like when they initially just took it to pay the bills. So if I can avoid that and enjoy life for a couple of months while searching for something close to my dream job, why not?

Aaahh GD. Teamtalks have the most effect on results, and the game is scripted to make you lose if you're on too good a run. This from members who have been around a good number of years.

Knuckle draggers, pond life, etc.

Aaahh GD. Teamtalks have the most effect on results, and the game is scripted to make you lose if you're on too good a run. This from members who have been around a good number of years.

Knuckle draggers, pond life, etc.

That's why I love it.

Sounds like the same threads as yesterday, I'll go and bask in the intelligence in there right now.

EDIT - Christ, I can see what you mean. BiggusD used to make sense.

That's why I love it.

Sounds like the same threads as yesterday, I'll go and bask in the intelligence in there right now.

EDIT - Christ, I can see what you mean. BiggusD used to make sense.

He didn't, he really didn't. Well he does until you actually learn how the game works then you realise how little he knows.

Have just read some of his posts from a thread I started ages ago. You're right, again.

Talks well, walks badly.

You'd be surprised at how many regulars do the same thing. Now you have your eyes open you'll notice all the time :D

Falcao, Rodriguez and Moutinho off to Monaco?

All 3rd party owned too I think?

Alright guys, important questions. How much does a can of Guinness or a bottle of Miller go for at your local supermarket?

I think the last time I was in the UK Miller went for about 12 bottles for £10. Which shocked me, as I pay €2,39 per bottle here (First time today I noticed that the local finally started selling them).

Guinness was about €3,79 per can(!)

Alright guys, important questions. How much does a can of Guinness or a bottle of Miller go for at your local supermarket?

I think the last time I was in the UK Miller went for about 12 bottles for £10. Which shocked me, as I pay €2,39 per bottle here (First time today I noticed that the local finally started selling them).

Guinness was about €3,79 per can(!)

£9 for 10 cans or £4.50 for 4 bottles for Guinness.

That's a rough price give or take a little or depending on promotions. That's from ASDA.

Just been asking the Sheffield FC chairman some questions in a Football Manager meets real life style interview for the blog :cool:

So that's Ajax and now Sheffield in the last few months I've directly spoke to all about FM. Such a geek but I don't care :o

Just been asking the Sheffield FC chairman some questions in a Football Manager meets real life style interview for the blog :cool:

So that's Ajax and now Sheffield in the last few months I've directly spoke to all about FM. Such a geek but I don't care :o

Surprised Ajax gave you the time of day in all honesty. Very decent of them.

Surprised Ajax gave you the time of day in all honesty. Very decent of them.

Me too but they sent me some coaching stuff through the post too. Fantastic club, very helpful. I couldn't imagine many clubs would have got back in touch with me though.

Me too but they sent me some coaching stuff through the post too. Fantastic club, very helpful. I couldn't imagine many clubs would have got back in touch with me though.

Is that the stuff in't thread? As you say, excellent that they got back to you.

Is that the stuff in't thread? As you say, excellent that they got back to you.

Some but they sent me other stuff too but I'm saving that for FM14's thread :cool:

Can't wait to see NY Manc-ees in the MLS

Christ almighty you're already planning ahead? :D

You wouldn't believe the amount of FM14 drafts I've already got. I just need to change them slightly based on the game but the general outlines and a lot of details can be done now. I did say I was a geek. It's what happens when you don't sleep, you need to occupy time somehow :(

I really liked your stuff about Ajax, but why not Feyenoord? =( Feyenoord's youth team just won the national championships again and the academy has been voted the best in the Netherlands for the fourth year running. 5 of their players will represent the Netherlands in Israel later this year.

I wonder if Feyenoord is internationally being slept upon. Sure, they have not performed very well in Europe (despite being the last Dutch team to win a cup final) but their way of focusing on youth means that the club is financially very stable once again and has lead to a whole generation of promising youngsters coming through the ranks in recent years. The most important ones have even extended their contracts despite big paychecks being offered abroad.

Personally, I would not be surprised if Feyenoord and Ajax will start a small revolution in football simply by focusing on their youth and limited spending. In effect, becoming a company that owns the entire supply chain, thus hopefully increasing margins rather than speculate on a product manufactured by others.

In the Netherlands, PSV has recently appointed a handful of former players to address youth development and also Vitesse is investing in improved training grounds. Perhaps evidence that the "academy way" of running a club is at least the way to go in countries where TV and merchandise revenue cannot keep up with that of the big leagues.

Sorry for this little rant, not sure where that came from.. Must have been the word Ajax :D

Ajax have produced more players currently playing top flight football than any other country :cool:

And just to try and bait you ......Ajax >>>>>> all

But only one team produced the current two times Premier League top goalscorer ;).

Keep in mind that current players are a result of something that happened 5 years ago and that Ajax did not start their little "silk revolution" last year without reason. Without a doubt Ajax has a great academy and for Dutch football it is great that we can even have this discussion, I just think that it's a shame that Feyenoord does not get more exposure. Even in FM for the first 2 seasons they let players go on loan who have featured regularly in the first team in real life (Boetius comes to mind, perhaps one of the most gifted Dutch wingers since Robben)

About friggin' time, let me know what you think of it.

Just got back. I enjoyed it, although I think I preferred the first film more if I am honest.

You wouldn't believe the amount of FM14 drafts I've already got. I just need to change them slightly based on the game but the general outlines and a lot of details can be done now. I did say I was a geek. It's what happens when you don't sleep, you need to occupy time somehow :(

Can't you just release some of the stuff now? :(

I'am really looking forward to the Champions League final tomorrow, despite the fact it will be on about 4:30am my time. My head says Munich but the heart want Dortmund to win. Either way it should be a good attacking game of football from both sides.

You will be waiting slightly longer. The final is Saturday, not tomorrow...

Is it? i thought it always used to be a Wednesday. I must admit i haven't watched it for a few years due to how early it is on over here in Aus.

Looking up the Foxtel TV guide you are right on Sunday morning over here at 4:15. Is this the 1st one on a Saturday or has it been happening for a while?

I am in the same boat as you there fuzz. Think Bayern will win it, but I really want Dortmund to.

Yeah i have always had a soft spot for Dortmund, despite ex Celt Paul Lambert playing for them, since the 90s. My affection only increased after reading an article in the Guardian from the coach, Klopp, sometime this week. He seems like a great character from what i read.

I think it will be tough for Dortmund though as it now seems Gotze is battling to be fit for the final.

It's been like this for about three years.

I see. I will need to remember that as it means i have half a chance of actually watching the final now. I really need to start making more of an effort to get up and watch more of the group games live. It is pretty hard to get out of bed at 4am on a Wed/Thurs, which is when the live games are on over here, though.