Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

The breakfast, which includes six fried eggs, eight egg, cheese and potato omelettes, 12 rashers of bacon, 12 sausages, chips, mushrooms, six hash browns, six black puddings, beans, tomatoes, four slices of bread and butter, four slices of fried bread and four slices of toast, costs £15.

I need to move up North. I'd need to remortgage the house down here to buy that.

Have been filling my face with childrens party food all day today and got sunburnt being beaten at cricket by an eight year old.

Really should eat something healthy for dinner. Instead I'm having ice cream, chocolate fudge cake and beer....

Really? That's got to be really, really high quality stuff....

You aren't given many choices. Cleon pointed them out on the last page, but the food is fantastic. How they can afford to continue doing it I don't know. The main course is basically any pizza or pasta dish on the menu excluding the ones with chicken. Today I had a bolognase pizza. Very nice.

You seem hung up on him and keep mentioning him. Something you want to share with us? Is he an idol of yours or something?

I'm not the one who has trained as a teacher to be around them...................I'm looking at you, ignore list.

Got to love twitter, everyone seems to be a Neymar expert now but have quite clearly not seen him play regular with some of the **** they are spouting out.

Quite so. That's the problem with Twitter, you get to see everyones opinion about everything, even if they don't have a clue.

All we are going to get now for years is 'Neymar vs Messi'.

People are already doing it and saying Messi was twice the player at the age of 21. Well that's a lie and Neymar has played more, scored more, assisted more than Messi did. Messi averages 0.46 goals and Neymar 0.56 iirc. That's why any comparison is silly and shows nothing. Is Messi the better player? No doubt about it but why are people obsessed with who is best and trying to find ways of proving who is best? Why can't Neymar and Messi both be best at what they do?

Just thought I would change something there Cleon before he picks up on it considering that is all he has on people :p.

Apart from what I have on you? Don't worry, I won't metion it, I know it hits a nerve with you for some reason. Instead, i'll just post this link for all to enjoy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9bNnkWpt9lQ

All we are going to get now for years is 'Neymar vs Messi'.

People are already doing it and saying Messi was twice the player at the age of 21. Well that's a lie and Neymar has played more, scored more, assisted more than Messi did. Messi averages 0.46 goals and Neymar 0.56 iirc. That's why any comparison is silly and shows nothing. Is Messi the better player? No doubt about it but why are people obsessed with who is best and trying to find ways of proving who is best? Why can't Neymar and Messi both be best at what they do?

It's funny how Messi fans feel threatened, while they really should see it as a blessing for Barcelona. I really hope he won't buckle under the expectations, that would certainly be a waste (Robinho, anyone? Or almost every South American player that moved to Bayern?). Personally, I really hoped he would do what Maradona, Ronaldo, Romario and Ronaldinho did and go for an up and coming club to be the absolute star before moving on. I suppose his fame had already risen far beyond that.

Really interested to see what happens to Neymar now and whether he can make the step up because let's be honest, he's had it easy in Brazil. The few times I've seen him play against good opposition he's done nothing (the England & Barcelona games spring to mind). Although, Barcelona is probably the best place for him.

Interestingly I read an article in FourFourTwo recently saying that many in Brazil see Lucas as Brazil's biggest thing because he's moved to Europe and putting in good performances for PSG against better opposition while Neymar hasn't really developed recently.

On another note, how did Dante not get sent off last night?

Really interested to see what happens to Neymar now and whether he can make the step up because let's be honest, he's had it easy in Brazil. The few times I've seen him play against good opposition he's done nothing (the England & Barcelona games spring to mind). Although, Barcelona is probably the best place for him.

Interestingly I read an article in FourFourTwo recently saying that many in Brazil see Lucas as Brazil's biggest thing because he's moved to Europe and putting in good performances for PSG against better opposition while Neymar hasn't really developed recently.

Neymar had is easy? What utter crap. He's had plenty of big game performances against big sides, you should go and look at them on youtube if you think he chokes in the big games. Especially his games in the Copa Lib and single handedly winning it for Santos.

How has Neymar not developed? 43 goals in 47 games last season and had 14 in 23 this season so far. He has developed his game this season and is doing a lot more assists. His overall game play as improved greatly. So now sure what you're on about.

Germany, Argentina x2, Penarol, Palmerias, Sao Paulo etc are just a few of his big games he's had that I can remember off top of my head.

Lucas was always classed as good but he isn't considered better than Neymar by the Brazilians at all. The Brazil team is built around Neymar because he is their stand out talent, which all Brazilians agree upon. Lucas is good but he is the one who stalled while still playing in Brazil. A change of club as certainly done him well.

I'm not saying Neymar is the best in the world or anything. Just trying to educate the uneducated who think he's not been doing much and had it easy. The fact that people think the Brazilian league is easy just shows how little people actually know about Brazilian football let alone the players.

I am time and time again surprised of how most Europeans perceive the Brazilian leagues. Do people honestly think that all those Brazilians magically became better once they set foot on our continent? Also, the Spanish league only has a handful of decent teams and I would argue that it would be one of the easiest leagues for Neymar to play in, especially with the support of a quality side and the poor quality throughout the rest of Spain.

A few things, but I'd rather not go into them in the public domain.

If you don't want to mention it then you shouldn't have brought it up. You're turning into NF ;)

Not sure whether I worry for Everton or not if he went there. Will his tactics weaken their defence or because he will be working with better players will it not matter?!?!

Not sure whether I worry for Everton or not if he went there. Will his tactics weaken their defence or because he will be working with better players will it not matter?!?!

Injuries are why Wigan got relegated though. 15 bad injuries in a very small squad cost you big time. The same reason Toon got relegated a few years back. Teams just can't cope with that many.

I think he'll be good for Everton but I'd rather have seen him go to Malaga.

I'm not talking about them getting relegated though. Even with everyone fit they weren't the most defensively secure sides were they? That is the angle I was coming from. Now whether that was down to the quality of players, or his tactics I don't know, which is why I mentioned what I did, if that makes sense :).

I'm not talking about them getting relegated though. Even with everyone fit they weren't the most defensively secure sides were they? That is the angle I was coming from. Now whether that was down to the quality of players, or his tactics I don't know, which is why I mentioned what I did, if that makes sense :).

With everyone fit they averaged the 7th worse defence in the league over the past 3 seasons which isn't that bad considering they are the smallest club in the Prem. And that's including a couple of hammerings in that time. Without that they'd average around 10th which is quite good imo. I think this is pretty good considering the calibre of players he has had to work with and losing their best player every season for past 4 seasons.

Personally I think its the players rather than tactics. From a tactical stand point he is brilliant, you only have to look at the masterstroke he pulled from January last season and going with a back 3. They where tough to beat and won a lot of game when they changed. Plus they are actually 1 of a handful of teams who actually try playing football and like to pass the ball around.

I think he's brave if he goes to Everton though. An ageing squad, no money, no depth. The Everton squad needs a big rebuild this season, even if Moyes stayed this would have been the case and is one of the reasons he was always going to leave this season imo. I think he mentioned he'd like to go to Germany at beginning of the year. So I think whoever takes over at Everton has a big challenge. Not sure how Everton fans view this though and realise the above, so if results aren't that great in the proccess of the rebuild they could turn on him quick.

I'm really looking forward to the season now especially with all the managerial changes. Plus I want Arsenal to do well and I think this season they will be on par with the other big clubs and can win the league if they get their **** together. On face value it looks like it has the potential to be one of the most open yet. Although history tells us this might not be the case but I can hope.

Maybe at Everton Martinez will be able to defend to afford better coaches, and more precisely better defensive coaches?

---------------

On another note, is anyone else a tad depressed when seeing the other squads for the Under 21 European Championships compared to ours? Why do we seem to think that once players break into the senior squad they can't be dropped back into the youth sides for tournaments? The senior side have two meaningless friendlies, yet there are players playing in them who in my mind should be with Sturat Pearce's squad heading to Israel this summer.

That is just the mindset of this nation though isn't it? I agree though.

In regards to next season Cleon, I am really looking forward to it. The managerial changes will certainly shake things up, a lot. I personally think that United, City & Chelsea will be the top three, with Spurs pushing Arsenal and us closing the gap as well. The summer transfer window is going to be fantastic as well :).

Maybe at Everton Martinez will be able to defend to afford better coaches, and more precisely better defensive coaches?

---------------

On another note, is anyone else a tad depressed when seeing the other squads for the Under 21 European Championships compared to ours? Why do we seem to think that once players break into the senior squad they can't be dropped back into the youth sides for tournaments? The senior side have two meaningless friendlies, yet there are players playing in them who in my mind should be with Sturat Pearce's squad heading to Israel this summer.

It really bugs me, they should be playing in these games rather than been allowed to miss them. It will give them valuable experience. If I was the FA's top dog this is what I'd change about our football thinking straight away.

That is just the mindset of this nation though isn't it? I agree though.

Yep, and it's bloody terrible. You see the Dutch taking a multitude of players with full caps, (Strootman and van Rhijn to name just two), yet we have Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Jack Rodwell not going as they're with the seniors.

It really bugs me, they should be playing in these games rather than been allowed to miss them. It will give them valuable experience. If I was the FA's top dog this is what I'd change about our football thinking straight away.

What really annoys me is that they willfully let players pull out of these tournaments. Two years ago it was Wilshere and Carroll who were permitted to miss out, and again this year the FA allowed Wilshere to make himself unavailable. Of course it has since been decided that he is to have ankle surgery, but that's not the point.

Two years Juan Mata played at the under 21 tournament despite going with the full Spanish team to the World Cup a year earlier. That simply wouldn't happen with English players.