Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Most off spinners aren't left handed though. Most off spinners are right handed. I wouldn't say it's easier as a left hander either. I can bowl leg spin sometimes. But not very good. I turn it more if I attempt to bowl leg spin but my accuracy isn't that good as I struggle to bowl out the back of the wrist.

Nope. Far from it. I have serious issues in trying to be accurate. When I get it on target or bowl well, I don't do too bad. But yesterday I bowled some absolute filth. I bowled four off the wicket :(. I don't have many variations either so have to rely on when I release it and the pace I put on the ball.

Well you could try a straight ball, maybe add some for flight to the ball. I think you should improve upon your leg break for it is hard for right handers to hit a ball that is moving away from them. I believe most batsmen are right handers.

Most batsmen are right handed. I can add a lot of flight to the ball and do on occasion. I'll try and get it to dip though. My best way of taking wickets is when batsmen see how fast and try slogging me. A lot of the time they do, but if they miss it, I get a little turn and usually get a wicket. Taken 5 this season having bowled in 4 games. Although I've had 3 chances put down and had a few that have missed off stump, just. I do try and practice leg spin at times but struggle.

I've played since my first summer at secondary school. Couple of players from the local club came down to our school to take school training and invited us all to join the club. Have played for them since 2004(first summer as well). Played senior cricket since 2005 and this is my first full season back for 5 seasons due to work commitments.

I haven't found one yet to do all mine. Will come in time :D.

My 2 not outs have taken my average to 4.33. As a tail ender I am pleased with that.

Haha. I like that :thup:.

I couldn't even begin to tell anyone how to play cricket. Shocking from someone who is a qualified PE Teacher. I would probably be a 10th batsman and I am an OK spin bowler, but otherwise I am appalling.

I shouldn't be pleased with an average of 4.33. But considering it was 1.75 before this weekend iirc. The 2 not outs have helped. I usually bat 9/10/11 if I am selected. I'd love to bat higher up but unfortunately I don't have the technique or ability to do that so I'd just be a liability. I don't mind if I get a bat at 11. Most games I get a bat. So it's all good.

Just a shame that next week I probably won't be selected.

Haha, that would be awesome. An OTF/Forum cricket side touring the UK/World being sponsored by SI and raising money for WarChild.

Infact that has possibly given me an idea and I might launch a thread in OTF. An OTF/Forum side vs an SI side maybe. Or a 6 a side comp featuring a number of sides. May tweet Miles.

6 a side would be harsh on the legs fielding :D but sounds a good idea :thup:

I've played in a 6 a side game before. Years ago mind. Our local rivals used to have a festival week and one season they had a 6 a side final after our day game. Was good fun watching. Either would be interesting to see if I could get a 20/20 2 day tournament going or something.

Does anyone cycle?

I've wanted to get into it for ages but I don't know how to go about it? Plus it's a pretty expensive sport to get into so I'm not sure.

Recently went for a cycle in Hamsterley Forest. Not sure if there is anything around where you are, but basically where I went you just turn up, pay for parking and rent a bike and go cycling as much as you want around the area. I would say that is a pretty good way to start if anything, rather than looking around in what is pretty expensive options.

Recently went for a cycle in Hamsterley Forest. Not sure if there is anything around where you are, but basically where I went you just turn up, pay for parking and rent a bike and go cycling as much as you want around the area. I would say that is a pretty good way to start if anything, rather than looking around in what is pretty expensive options.

I already have a mountain bike and there is plenty of places around me to go with that but I was thinking more road cycling. It looks like a good way to get fit and I've been interested in it since the Tour De France and Olympics last year

I already have a mountain bike and there is plenty of places around me to go with that but I was thinking more road cycling. It looks like a good way to get fit and I've been interested in it since the Tour De France and Olympics last year

These two methods probably won't save you money, but they have their benefits. Do you know anyone who has a Littlewoods catalogue? That way you can pay it off over time rather than pulling out but you get the bike straight away. The only other way that I can think of would be Halfords. You can pay the bike off there, but can't actually get the bike until it is fully paid off.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether it's just companies in Nottingham that do it. But the uni did it and you could get up to £1k. Depending on how much you spent, this would then be taken out of your wages for the next 12 months.

It's a UK scheme from what I remember :)

Your best bet would be to see whether your company who you work for does a cycle to work scheme. In Nottingham a few companies do and you can get a bike and it comes out of your wages.

I'm only working temporarily at my Dad's place to get some money for America but it sounds like a good idea when I go into employment.

SRL - what is Stanley like in County Durham, a nice place or?

In a word, no.

We sometimes go there to do our grocery shopping, and there are some 'OK' shops there too, but that is it. It's a dump of a place. Full of scratters and smack heads, to put it nicely.

Why? :)

In a word, no.

We sometimes go there to do our grocery shopping, and there are some 'OK' shops there too, but that is it. It's a dump of a place. Full of scratters and smack heads, to put it nicely.

Why? :)

Looking further afield for places to live and saw a nice house there. But didn't know what it was like as only seen it online :)

Looking further afield for places to live and saw a nice house there. But didn't know what it was like as only seen it online :)

I can't give an insight to all the streets as where the new houses are being built because the new estates are quite nice, but the place itself is awful. Move to Esh Winning ;).

Been told today my mum that a colleague from Morrisons has asked whether I'd be interested in a ticket for a test match this summer. I assume it's at Trent Bridge and will be for the Ashes match. Although that's sold out so not sure how he'd get tickets. It's not confirmed yet and I have to wait.

Been told today my mum that a colleague from Morrisons has asked whether I'd be interested in a ticket for a test match this summer. I assume it's at Trent Bridge and will be for the Ashes match. Although that's sold out so not sure how he'd get tickets. It's not confirmed yet and I have to wait.

He might have contacts at the ground. We have a friend who works at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle and although the website might say 'sold out' he can usually get us tickets in the 3-4 rows.