Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Pressumably so. After all, every club has idiotic fans. We have one such follower who sometimes posts in this very thread.......

Nothing beats the two or three I have to put up with.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been out for a curry tonight with my training group. The food was nice and the restaurant was called 4550 Miles from Dehli. All paid for apart from drinks and dessert but one of our trainers picked up the tab for that annoyingly. I'd have liked for him to take my £15 for what I spent. I'm off tomorrow in 8-5:15 on Friday and then 9-2 on Saturday. Next week will be a big week. On lates Monday-Friday but will do overtime Monday and Friday morning. I'm then doing overtime all being well on Saturday and Sunday. Just so I can get myself a boost on this months figures and a boost on next months figures.

Forest have signed Eric Lichaj and Gonzalo Jara Reyes on 2 and 1 year deals respectively. Both on frees and both are good players imo. I know more about Jara and I am delighted that he's back.

I have been out for a curry tonight with my training group. The food was nice and the restaurant was called 4550 Miles from Dehli. All paid for apart from drinks and dessert but one of our trainers picked up the tab for that annoyingly. I'd have liked for him to take my £15 for what I spent. I'm off tomorrow in 8-5:15 on Friday and then 9-2 on Saturday. Next week will be a big week. On lates Monday-Friday but will do overtime Monday and Friday morning. I'm then doing overtime all being well on Saturday and Sunday. Just so I can get myself a boost on this months figures and a boost on next months figures.

What is it you do now NF? Not been keeping up to date with this thread for a good few months, the last I heard you had that job at a uni but you weren't enjoying it. Did you go back to Morrisons?

I was on some "team build" event with work yesterday.

I would love to see a team building exercise where I work. It would be like a game of Battle Royal, or for those who don't know that, The Hunger Games.

This post is just brilliantly awful. :D

I judged that poster really wrongly. Once he posted something I agreed with and it stuck in my mind.

Ever since, lots of his observations have been pretty much the opposite of what I think.

Tom - do you see Thiago joining United? He'd be a hell of a signing for any team that does sign him, if he leaves.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/214611.html#

And as for Neymar last night - possibly silenced a few doubters.

Moment of the game for me wasn't his brilliant finish or assist, but some chest control that wrong footed a defender before he belted the ball over the bar. Classy.

Afternoon all. I have been wandering around town today and seeing all the Lions supporters out and about has me really excited for the game on Saturday. I can't wait to be in the stadium on the night, it should be a cracking atmosphere.

P.S. watching the India Vs Sri Lanka Champions trophy semi at the moment and see Dhoni has put himself on for a bowl. Brave captaining. Also seems to have a wicket in theb 1st ball, depending on review.

Has he even been given permission yet?

Don't think so. I thought P-SG's owners had rolled out the old "he's under contract" line.

I feel sorry for Ancelotti if he goes, he's just the next manager that Real Madrid will spit out in a couple of years - the world's least gracious, most over-hyped club.

Don't think so. I thought P-SG's owners had rolled out the old "he's under contract" line.

I feel sorry for Ancelotti if he goes, he's just the next manager that Real Madrid will spit out in a couple of years - the world's least gracious, most over-hyped club.

I don't feel sorry for him. He is wanting to go so it is his choice really. I just think the Madrid job is a bit of a joke.

Ah right, how you finding that? Enjoy it?

I've only been there since the 20th May. It's going well at the minute. Just finished my training and go into my team on Friday. There are three week shift patterns as well and the hours aren't too shabby. It's very target driven so I'll tell you in a month how I'm going :D. There's a lot of scope for bonuses and rewards which is nice. You have to work your socks off for them but I don't mind that.

This job could give me the potential to earn a lot of money very quickly and get into property developing. Which is my ultimate aim. Hoping the MoD own a lot of the houses in Germany, Cyprus and other countries because as the troops start to be pulled out, I'm hoping the houses will be put up for sale. If they are I want to be there to buy a few.

"Sorry" in the sense that whilst he's going on his own terms (if P-SG let him....), it's inevitable that he'll get shown the door in a season or two.

Seems like a pointless exercise going to a club where the structure behind the scenes and politics create so much background noise that any manager ends up being undermined.

Carlo won't be too fussed I guess - he'll get a fat salary and then a fat payoff when his time comes.

"Sorry" in the sense that whilst he's going on his own terms (if P-SG let him....), it's inevitable that he'll get shown the door in a season or two.

Seems like a pointless exercise going to a club where the structure behind the scenes and politics create so much background noise that any manager ends up being undermined.

Carlo won't be too fussed I guess - he'll get a fat salary and then a fat payoff when his time comes.

I think you just answered your own point. It's not pointless going there. You increase your profile (although he doesn't need that necessarily), earn a bucket load of cash and get to work with some of the worlds greatest players. In return you have to put up with the politics there and your inevitable departure.

Not been selected for cricket on Saturday as I'm working until 2. I've said I'm available as we don't start until half 1. But the skipper hasn't selected me yet as he wants to try and get a full side from the start. He's asked me what's the earliest I could get there for and I've said half 2. If I do play, my whites will be dirty massively from last week :D.

Didn't know Cleon worked at your place!!

**** you :(

This post is just brilliantly awful. :D

I can't see the post, so that means it's one of the idiots in GQ who I blocked. My guess though is Biggus, he spouts more crap than anyone these days. If it's not him, it's gotta be Mr 'i'll spout my mouth off then delete my posts so no-one sees' Herbert.

Seen a two bedroom mid terrace house available for auction for £28k. Probably looks **** inside but I so want to be a property developer.

That is a perfect price for anyone who wants to rent a house out. Put £10-15k into it to renovate and rent it out for £450 a month. Make their money back, and more in no time really.

I know :(. If only I had an extra bit of money. Would probably be my ideal first property tbh. It's pretty much close to Nottingham City Centre and close enough to areas with Unis in as well. It would probably cost £10-£15k to renovate or so as you've said. Maybe a little more depending on how much a new kitchen would cost. But either way, it would probably be possible to sell for £65k or so. It also has an attic room and depending on how big that is, there might be scope for a 3rd bedroom.

It is Nottingham. It's only 2 bedrooms officially. But depending on how big the attic room is, I'd look at making that another bedroom. You could get more than £70 a week as well imo. I reckon you could get £100 a week per person.

There you go. Happy days. Places in Newcastle usually go for £70 p/w.

That's minimum. The issue is, I need more money upfront in order to do it. So unfortunately it's just a dream at the moment. My dad's a plumber as well and a fairly good handyman at jobs. He's done most of the work on our house. It would have been ideal if he'd have come out of the army and started that but he didn't. Understandable considering he had a family to feed and all that.

£70 p/w is average student prices across most of England I thought? Pretty much everywhere but London. You'd do well to find students forking out £100 p/w bills excluded unless it's brand new and immaculate.

My mates daughter and her three friends have a house in London with all bills included for £120 a week, I think you'd be very lucky to find any students willing to pay £100 a week and bills on top for a mid terrace house in Nottingham. Then again I don't really know what houses go for in Nottingham.