Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

[rant]The irony of people going to the summer solstice.

Salisbury station was cluttered up this morning with wannabee hippies who had paid £40 for a train ticket and £4 for a coffee, having spent the night in brand new sleeping bags and Berghaus waterproofs.

Not shaving doesn't make you alternative.[/rant]

Looking for flights to Portugal for end of August, hoping to stay with my mate for a bit then meeting my girlfriend who's there for the whole summer and maybe getting an appartment for a few nights together. Regarding flights, is it a case of the longer I leave booking them the cheaper they get? Don't know if last minute flights are ridiculously cheap or ridiculously expensive. Also quite risky if they sell out, etc. :/

This day is going terribly slowly.

Agreed.

Looking for flights to Portugal for end of August, hoping to stay with my mate for a bit then meeting my girlfriend who's there for the whole summer and maybe getting an appartment for a few nights together. Regarding flights, is it a case of the longer I leave booking them the cheaper they get? Don't know if last minute flights are ridiculously cheap or ridiculously expensive. Also quite risky if they sell out, etc. :/

I have never done it before, but I would say the best way to do it is book your flights early, and then wait until the last second to book accomodation. I know people who have done it and had villa's for really cheap.

Good-day, long time lurker here. Due to a pretty shoddy computer, I've been unable to enjoy a decent game since FM10. Now, with new laptop, I have unexpectedly got Leyton Orient

promoted via the play offs in my first season and am would appreciate some advice from some experienced minds!

ssestig causing trouble on twitter :D

Not really - a disagreement with another member of this forum about a joint blog that we were doing (in my location if he hasn't deleted it yet) and since i've blocked him since I can't be bothered arguing anymore.

Not really - a disagreement with another member of this forum about a joint blog that we were doing (in my location if he hasn't deleted it yet) and since i've blocked him since I can't be bothered arguing anymore.

What sort of stuff was you doing, real world football stuff?

I don't lie.

This is proof you do.

Have a good time though fella :)

That was the idea but with it being off-season in the leagues we've followed, I in particular, have looked at playing superstitions, Mourinho's career to date and the Alex's trip to Wembley for the 11/12 playoff final while he looked comparing Reina and Begovic in a more stats-based post.

That was the idea but with it being off-season in the leagues we've followed, I in particular, have looked at playing superstitions, Mourinho's career to date and the Alex's trip to Wembley for the 11/12 playoff final while he looked comparing Reina and Begovic in a more stats-based post.

It's something I want to do, write more and more about real football rather than FM.

What makes you want to move into property development?

I have done ever since I used to go round to my nan and grandad's during the school holidays, or when they would come to mine and I would watch Homes under the Hammer and shows like that. So ever since 14 really. I've wanted to get involved in it.

That is gutting. I'd sooner go to The Ashes though tbh. My former work colleague wasn't able to get me a ticket. It doesn't matter though as it was for the Wednesday and I would be working. If it was for the Thursday then it would be a different matter. He said he'll keep a look out from the person who he knows incase any become available.

I have work tomorrow and then a night out with the Morrisons lot tomorrow night all being well.

Next week I shall be working 7 days as I am working unpaid overtime on the Friday morning, Saturday and Sunday.

Have you and Jay fallen out again ffs. You're always falling out.

Yep and this time that's it - really fed up of being pestered to do this, do that when i'm not in the mood for doing anything. Concentrating on getting this blog site off and running properly now and earning money doing this, playing poker online or a combination of the 2.

That is gutting. I'd sooner go to The Ashes though tbh. My former work colleague wasn't able to get me a ticket. It doesn't matter though as it was for the Wednesday and I would be working. If it was for the Thursday then it would be a different matter. He said he'll keep a look out from the person who he knows incase any become available.

I have work tomorrow and then a night out with the Morrisons lot tomorrow night all being well.

Next week I shall be working 7 days as I am working unpaid overtime on the Friday morning, Saturday and Sunday.

Why are you working overtime and not being paid?

On another note i can't wait to go to the Lions game tonight at Suncorp. It should be a great atmosphere. Fox sports reckon 30,000 Lions fans have descended on Brisbane. That figure might not be too far off the mark if the crowds in the pubs last night are anything to go by.

Also secured a trip to Adelaide for the Ashes test there with my brother in law. It is just going to be me and him minus the wifes. Should be a good boys trip with plenty of beer.

What are people up to today?

Watched World War Z at the cinema, it was pretty good apart from the ending which seemed a bit odd. It's not as good as Man Of Steel though, you won't agree once you see it(I consider it better than Batman)but for me it's one of the best comic book films ever if I had to order them I'd say 1. Sin City 2. Watchmen 3. Avengers 4. Man of Steel.

On a footballing note looks like Mignolet is edging closer to Liverpool for around £11 million and our fans are now panicking that Sessegnon will leave but he is lazy and inconsistent, had about 5 good games last season at most. We could end up fielding a near enough completely new 11 next season, only Fletcher, O'Shea and Adam Johnson will definitely start for us. Some fans are moaning now that Cattermole has been told he can leave but what has he ever offered us? Passion yeah sure but does it matter when he's never playing because he's injured he's also a liability at times as well.

Nothing is better than Batman :mad:.

Yeah I heard about Cattermole. I think you would be better off without him anyway. He is either injured or suspended anyway. A lot of Sunderland's problems last season was laziness and Di Canio probably saw that first hand. He has every right to ship them all out. I would, and I didn't even see half as much of them as their own manager would have. Will be chuffed though if we sign Mingolet, even if Reina does leave.