Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Good thing this is the world of football transfers and not logic land. :thup:

Either way you want to look at it, it'll be a bad move and a bit of business on United's part. The transfer will happen, it's just a case of when imo. So sugar coat it however you want :brock:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up to go to toilet at 4:15 and haven't been able to get back to sleep. So now I am awake properly :(. I have work at 9 as well.

Cheers for that. Must have been some dump.

I've been up most of the night bricking my pants about the Best Man's Speech I'm doing this afternoon.

100 people to entertain for a few minutes. Cack.

Evening all. I have just about recovered from the Christmas in July family dinner last night. It did take about 3 recovery beers mind you.

Currently watching the Sth Jorea vs Japan East Asian cup game and have to say it has been a surprisingly good game so far.

Christmas in July?

It's an ex-pat Aussie thing. generally Christmas is scorching over here so a traditional roast, for most Brits, is not feasable. With July being the coldest month, in Australian terms, then a lot of ex pats, and quite a few Aussies now, have a 'mock' Christmas in July. I actually find it more fun than the actual Christmas to be fair. It's generally just an excuse to have a good meal and get drunk with the in-laws on my part. The wife pretty much does all the cooking and work bar me doing the heavy lifting and decorating.

It's an ex-pat Aussie thing. generally Christmas is scorching over here so a traditional roast, for most Brits, is not feasable. With July being the coldest month, in Australian terms, then a lot of ex pats, and quite a few Aussies now, have a 'mock' Christmas in July. I actually find it more fun than the actual Christmas to be fair. It's generally just an excuse to have a good meal and get drunk with the in-laws on my part. The wife pretty much does all the cooking and work bar me doing the heavy lifting and decorating.

My wife went over to see some friends 2 years ago for July Christmas.

So do you do all the usual Christmas antics such as tree and presents etc?

Yep we do all the usual Christmas antics such as Christmas carols and the like. The house gets the whole Christmas decoration treatment. The presents are a bit different. In my in laws family it is a secret Santa type deal. Basically you get 3 names and the upper limit is $3 for the presents. It makes for quite a fun/harrowing time buying the presents depending on who you get.

Unfortunately i have to now take all the Christmas stuff down and get the house in order again.

My wife went over to see some friends 2 years ago for July Christmas.

How did she enjoy it? I was skeptical at first but now that i have done it a few times i actually enjoy it more than the actual Christmas. I think the reason for that is that it seems a bit less commercial and more fun. Especially the $3 gift limit thing. It makes for an interesting shop rather than people trying to outdo each other.

Yep we do all the usual Christmas antics such as Christmas carols and the like. The house gets the whole Christmas decoration treatment. The presents are a bit different. In my in laws family it is a secret Santa type deal. Basically you get 3 names and the upper limit is $3 for the presents. It makes for quite a fun/harrowing time buying the presents depending on who you get.

Unfortunately i have to now take all the Christmas stuff down and get the house in order again.

How did she enjoy it? I was skeptical at first but now that i have done it a few times i actually enjoy it more than the actual Christmas. I think the reason for that is that it seems a bit less commercial and more fun. Especially the $3 gift limit thing. It makes for an interesting shop rather than people trying to outdo each other.

She really enjoyed it she said, was a bit weird but great fun she said. She plans on going again in a couple of years for another catch up.

She really enjoyed it she said, was a bit weird but great fun she said. She plans on going again in a couple of years for another catch up.

Yeah the first few times i was involved in it were a bit strange. My brain couldn't quite get used to the idea of Christmas in July. Now though it is one of my favourite events of the year. Not least because i get to make a turkey curry (another tradition the wife started) with all the leftovers the next day.

Does anyone know if there's a free agent database for FM13 on these forums anywhere? I've had a quick search but can't seem to find anything.

I'm sure there is. try the editors hideaway.

P.S. ignore Tom he is just a cranky old bugger at the best of times.

And you are instead doing what?

Signing on with 5 or 6 teaching agencies. I need to do it to be honest or else my qualification will just end up being a piece of paper. It's a risk money wise, but like I said it needs doing.

In the current climate, I question the wisdom of quitting one job without having another already lined up.

The argument for that is, if I didn't quit my job how am I going to fit in any teaching through an agency? I would end up being sat here until March/April next year when all the jobs come out and if I applied for them people would look at the application and think 'what has he done with his qualification'.

It is a risk I admit that, but I have to do it. The more agencies I sign on with, the better chance I have of getting work and the pay is good too. As long as I can pay the bills I will be happy because I will get the experience. 7 or 8 days a month will enable me to do that. I will also try and find a night job in a pub or something too.

The argument for that is, if I didn't quit my job how am I going to fit in any teaching through an agency? I would end up being sat here until March/April next year when all the jobs come out and if I applied for them people would look at the application and think 'what has he done with his qualification'.

It is a risk I admit that, but I have to do it. The more agencies I sign on with, the better chance I have of getting work and the pay is good too. As long as I can pay the bills I will be happy because I will get the experience. 7 or 8 days a month will enable me to do that. I will also try and find a night job in a pub or something too.

Good luck with it. Too many people are eager to sit on what they have and take the easy life, content with mediocracy, without taking risks. Takes balls to do what you're doing. Hope it works out for you!

Well it seems that Wenger has let all this money, he apparently has, go to his head. In my Guardian app on my phone he has, apparently, said that 100 mill Euros for Bale is crazy and makes a mockery of the FFPR but he is still looking to buy crazy Suarez for upwards up 50 mill pound.

In other equally crazy news just for the very few Scots amongst us. It seems that Hearts have had a 6 month transfer embargo emplaced after going into administration, and indeed Dunferlime were hit with a similar penalty for the same offence. The interesting fact of this story is that Rangers, or as the pedantic Celtic fans will say 'newco*', got a 50,000 pound fine and a 12 month ban on transfers.

The question that must be asked is why Rangers (newco*) were handed double the punishment for the same offence ( and the 12 month ban was by all accounts for going into admin). Up until now i had always accepted that we had, as a club, acted wrongly and were punished appropriately. indeed i thought it would be a good thing that we started anew and used the loyal youth that would otherwise not have had a chance.

This desicion however smacks of hypocrisy and a blatant bias against Rangers (newco*). How then can the new org, the SPL/SPFL (or whatever it is called now), be seen as an independent body when it is the same people in charge that imposed such skewed sanctions?

RANT OVER!!

*I have said newco here for the inevitable slew of comments that say it is no longer Rangers but newco.

Well it seems that Wenger has let all this money, he apparently has, go to his head. In my Guardian app on my phone he has, apparently, said that 100 mill Euros for Bale is crazy and makes a mockery of the FFPR but he is still looking to buy crazy Suarez for upwards up 50 mill pound.

In other equally crazy news just for the very few Scots amongst us. It seems that Hearts have had a 6 month transfer embargo emplaced after going into administration, and indeed Dunferlime were hit with a similar penalty for the same offence. The interesting fact of this story is that Rangers, or as the pedantic Celtic fans will say 'newco*', got a 50,000 pound fine and a 12 month ban on transfers.

The question that must be asked is why Rangers (newco*) were handed double the punishment for the same offence ( and the 12 month ban was by all accounts for going into admin). Up until now i had always accepted that we had, as a club, acted wrongly and were punished appropriately. indeed i thought it would be a good thing that we started anew and used the loyal youth that would otherwise not have had a chance.

This desicion however smacks of hypocrisy and a blatant bias against Rangers (newco*). How then can the new org, the SPL/SPFL (or whatever it is called now), be seen as an independent body when it is the same people in charge that imposed such skewed sanctions?

RANT OVER!!

*I have said newco here for the inevitable slew of comments that say it is no longer Rangers but newco.

I don't think anyone would have pulled you up on it because no-one cares about Scottish football :D

Joking aside though big night for the Scottish Blades tonight though. I hope Weir gets us off to a great start. He's been saying all the right things and has built a good squad but not its time to show us what he can do.

I don't think anyone would have pulled you up on it because no-one cares about Scottish football :D

Thats harsh, but unfortubatwly true. :-(

QUOTE=Cleon;8934037] Joking aside though big night for the Scottish Blades tonight though. I hope Weir gets us off to a great start. He's been saying all the right things and has built a good squad but not its time to show us what he can do.

I am surprised he has not taken the coaching role/ manager role previously. i think he will be a good appointment for the Blades. I am not sure how you done last year, what with not getting a lot of LLF over in Aus, but reckon he will at the very least shore up the defence somewhat.

Thats harsh, but unfortubatwly true. :-(

QUOTE=Cleon;8934037] Joking aside though big night for the Scottish Blades tonight though. I hope Weir gets us off to a great start. He's been saying all the right things and has built a good squad but not its time to show us what he can do.

I am surprised he has not taken the coaching role/ manager role previously. i think he will be a good appointment for the Blades. I am not sure how you done last year, what with not getting a lot of LLF over in Aus, but reckon he will at the very least shore up the defence somewhat.

Our defence is fine, was in the top 2 for best defence last season iirc. No-one kept more clean sheets than us. Our issue was scoring we sold our top scorer in January and that was what cost us promotion.

I think the only scoreline I backed last season when I did back Sheffield United was 1-0. They didn't seem to have any other scoreline.

I think only 1 side in England from Prem kept more clean sheets than us. Our issue is we never replaced Ched Evans but its hard to replace a 30 goal striker when you've got to make wage cuts and knock 40% wages off the annual bill. Weir seems to have tried to address this though with Brandy and Taylor so I guess its wait and see now how that actually plays out.

Hoping for 3-2 tonight though.