Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i've been bored at work all week. How about everyone else?

I've been that bored I contemplated cutting the grass and sorting the flowers out in the garden. However decided to go furniture shopping at Ikea instead....:rolleyes:

Ikea is the devil :thdn:. Going there with the other half is torture.

I need a new bed and some storage boxes or ideally a trunk/chest for the little ones toys. Might pop into Pizza Hut for tea though :brock:

I went back to that pub on Valley yesterday and had one of their challenge burgers :D

For a second I thought you said "snorting the flowers". :D

Don't judge everyone with your own standards :D

I need a new bed and some storage boxes or ideally a trunk/chest for the little ones toys. Might pop into Pizza Hut for tea though :brock:

I went back to that pub on Valley yesterday and had one of their challenge burgers :D

Was quite a nice pub that. I have always fancied the New Board Inn's steak challenge where I live but just haven't got round to actually going there.

No, it sounds like hell on earth to me. I pack the wife off there with some cash if she wants us to get something new.

I could do that but I don't fancy getting a bed shaped like a ****ing unicorn or something. I just want a simple bed that's it, not shaped or themed. That's what I'd end up with sending her on her own ffs :(

This is how my trips to Ikea go:

We go in and she wants to look at every little object in the place so a trip that cvould have taken 30 minutes takes 4 hours.

or

We go in for a book shelf or something and come out with a bed, a wardrobe, 2 breakfast stools and a coffee table and I am wondering where this all came from.

One thing I hate about ikea though is when you decide on the wardrobe you want. You go to pick the items up and find the main part of the wardrobe is on isle 34 and the door are on isle 918.

I could do that but I don't fancy getting a bed shaped like a ****ing unicorn or something. I just want a simple bed that's it, not shaped or themed. That's what I'd end up with sending her on her own ffs :(

Fortunately my wife and I tend to agree on things like furniture and what colour to paint stuff; there are no feature walls with weird shiny floral wallpaper or toss like that in our house.

Fortunately my wife and I tend to agree on things like furniture and what colour to paint stuff; there are no feature walls with weird shiny floral wallpaper or toss like that in our house.

It serves me right for marrying someone much younger than me :(

A unicorn? Errr, is your missus an eight year old? :D

No but that's what she wanted for the little one or a princess bed....because apparently it was 'cute'.

We got bunk beds a few months ago, in preparation for when our baby daughter is ready to move into a proper bed.

It is the balls, and I quite often have a kip in it if the baby is kicking off and sleeping in our bed.

Three year old takes the top bunk, there's no room for discussion on that front.

I just plan on having some in the house. I'm absolutely knackered off the last week. I've been to work and then straight to the house working until 10 o'clock-ish. When I've been off work I have been over there from 8am till 10ish again.

Well, it will just be tonight because the next 4 days will be back on track decorating :D.

:thdn:

--

Can't wait for Sunday, I've got a mate's leaving BBQ as he's going to move to Australia (doubt he'll stick more than 6-12 months but we'll see) so will be drinking from 12:00 onwards then going out at night. Going to be absolutely smashed, can't wait! :D

I honestly can't say I have put a full days work in over the last two weeks. I've been there, but with me leaving next Friday I haven't had a care in the world I must say.

Yes :). Looked at the website and decided I can't be doing with the **** that Morrisons brings. Every job has it's stresses but this one I am in now is the least stressful I've been for a long time. There are pressures but at the moment I'm doing well enough. If I get sacked(still in probation), so be it. But I've completed 3 months already. Still have another 3 to go. On course to hit my target this month. Do that and finish in the top 3 and I might get a promotion.

Last month I missed my team target by £74 but hit pretty much every other target. I missed my bonus target by £2,074 but I was in the top three from 5th July and was top for 3 days. Fell away towards the end of month but finished 5th out of about 40 in my category. It was my first full month from training as well. This month I'm slowly catching people up and happen to sit 6th in my category out of about 30 people or so. I am working tomorrow and have all next week where I can do overtime. I'm a little bit off 1st but if I have good day tomorrow and next week I could claw back some and catch 2nd/3rd and possibly 1st. Issue is two part-timers have already hit and if their percentage ratio to target is higher than mine, they get above me.

Yep, you won't know what that's like.

When you're a dad you're always working.

I've worked out that I'll be doing 43/44 hours of unpaid overtime this months and 10 hours paid overtime. If I work this Sunday then it'll be an extra 5 hours paid overtime.

Why so many hours unpaid?