Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember sometime ago in this thread, (well, back in the summer), someone rather foolish was on about how they didn't rate Martinez and they didn't think he was a good choice for Everton to succeed David Moyes.

Well, that opinion was rather debateable at the time, and looks even worse right now.

I still think Martinez is one of the best manager in the EPL. Everton are playing good football, it's amazing what a new manager can do for a team and the way they can change the philosophy. What makes this even more of an achievement is he's done it from the off, normally a new manager takes their time and does it over a certain period of time due to it effecting results. Martinez didn't though :cool:

He'll have one of the top jobs in Football in the next few years, I see him at Madrid/Barca or even one of the big English sides.

Europeans and Americans are called "Westerners" by Asians. Given the earth is spherical & if you leave Europe and go West you eventually get to Asia, should Asians, etc. also be called "Westerners"?

Discuss......

Quite profound Tom. What has prompted such a philosophical question so early in the day?

Tapking the whole world in general, not individual land masses.

Still comes out the same though tbh.

The bigger question for me is does social justice go to far at times? Why does the western world always get involved in things and then we end up paying for everything when our own countries and people here need special help. I say get your own house in order before helping others out.

I would like to live in the countryside, I'll give you that.

The problem with living in the countryside up North is you presumably get attacked by Morris dancers, or people leaning on gates saying "Eeee" a lot?

Morris dancing was invented in London btw:D

I disagree as I'm not talking about individual land masses. You can go too far North on a land mass and fall off, but you can't do the same when you head West around the world.

You've lost me.

Surely if I walk off the Western edge of Cornwall, the Atlantic Ocean presents a bit of an issue?

The point was that you can fall off the edge of a land mass, but not the world.

You can fall off the kerb, down a ditch, down a hill etc. Land mass shouldn't matter if everyone was classed as Western.

They needed a new mod in there. That Cleon doesn't do his job :D. Although tbh, Heath hasn't been around for a while due to his work. That's what, 4 or 5 mods for T&TF now.

I think it's Heath who I'm effectively replacing.

Should be busy in T&TF when the new game comes out, so I'm sure there will be plenty to do.

It'll keep me busy when I should be working.

They needed a new mod in there. That Cleon doesn't do his job :D. Although tbh, Heath hasn't been around for a while due to his work. That's what, 4 or 5 mods for T&TF now.

No just 3, me, RT and Furious.

A Man United fan at my work wants us to beat them so it gets Moyes closer to being sacked, how can you want your own side to lose?

Some of the Sheff Utd fans are saying the same about Weir, they want us to lose tomorrow. Utter morons who aren't really club supporters, best is they are all the type who sit at home and never go to a game who are moaning.

Oddly he's been a fan of Man United for about 40 years!

I could never wish my own side to lose, unless Crewe were in the EPL and Sunderland were safe, Crewe needed a win to stay up but that's a highly unlikely or more accurate impossible.

What the fans don't realise is, what happens when he is sacked? Who do you go out and get? A big named manager isn't the way to go as that's not what United are about and it require a certain type of manager to run the club. It needs someone who will use youth and carry on the tradition of bringing them through at times, something a lot of top managers simply don't do.

Exactly. Look at Pellegrini at City. He's a brilliant manager and on another tactical level (frankly, a tactical level) to Mancini, but he's still "shown up" against Guardiola at a very established team

These changes in philosophy, or changes in personnel after 26 years, don't happen overnight.

Is Pellegrini on another level tactically to Mancini, or is it just flavour of the month to say that? He masterminded City's runaway Premier League title win, after all..............

Mancini has had a pretty easy run of things in his managerial career.

Managed the biggest and richest (at the time) team in Italy, then the equivalent in England, and now again in Turkey.

He has a decent Plan A, but no Plan B. He'll win stuff with Galatasaray, but not through judgement.

If you cast your mind back to City's PL win, how many times did you think "that's inspired", and how many times did you think "player x has rescued them there"?