Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting tied down with a mortgage at your age can be costly. You never know what's round the corner and it wasn't that long about (about 8 weeks) where you was thinking of changing jobs again. I had a friend who bought an house and was going to sell it and then do the same again however he lost his job and couldn't find one with the same wages anywhere. It ended up him losing his home and having to move in with his parents. 7 years later and he's still in a financial mess all because of this.

That is my only worry. If I just work for the next 5 years or so I should be able to do it comfortably and still maintain my job.

A lot of people think after they've bought an house that's it. But they can be costly when something needs a repair or a broken door, window etc. The current house I am in, I had a new kitchen fitted which was simple enough. Yet when it came to fitting the cooker it turned out the whole house needed a rewire due to the current circuit boards not meeting new regulations despite the house I am less than 5 years old. So this cost around £9k to get fixed. Then had to pay 2k for a plasterer and then had to buy new carpets etc. It ended up around 15k.

I understand that. The plumbing side of things is covered by my dad. He knows a number of electricians and other people as well. My dad can do the plastering as well. I have most bases covered about the from the most important one. Which is the finance.

It's not about who you know though, they can't do the work for free and its still as costly.

Well I've seen a few houses available in Nottingham for about £45k ish. Not that, that means much if they're ****ed. But they look ok from the outside. I'm not sure on fees and what not but overall with fees I'd be looking it costing £70k ish possibly. Sell it on for about £85k all being well.

If it was that easy everyone would be doing it. They'll be a reason why its 45k and still for sale. 9/10 if there is profit to be had someone more business savvy would have already bought it.

Well my job is secure but I'm still in my probation period. I've been told I should pass that. Until I get confirmation that I've passed, I won't be doing anything drastic. It's why I haven't got a season ticket yet for Forest. I'm also looking for other jobs. I've always been of the basis of work, work, work. Now this job I am in at the moment has made me realise that money can buy happiness but at this rate I won't be enjoying it if I keep going at the rate I'm going.

I know that Cleon. As far as I'm aware it's only just gone up for auction. My life is fairly easy at the moment. Thinking of going back to the gym tomorrow, well signing up again. Might have a session tomorrow evening and go most days after work as the bus drops me right outside it.

As I said in my last post, I'd like to do it. But will be assessing everything. I don't mind working in life and putting in the hours. But at the moment I'm clearing 45 hours or over 6 days. Then when they open up overtime completely it'll be about 62 hours in a week. I've realised that it isn't really healthy to be doing that many hours.

Which is what I have come to realise. I want my weekends back so I can start to go to Forest games again and enjoy going out Friday nights instead of Saturdays or just do both.

Why not go on a lads weekend to Magaluf or something? :cool:

Anyone know anywhere where I can get a laptop on a pay later scheme or on credit with a not hugely impressive credit score?

Also... who do people think will be the next superstar wonderkids in fm14? .. discounting the obvious names obviously.

Brighthouse? They give credit to people who have **** credit scores because it goes on references instead from what I've just read.

Brighthouse seem like complete leeches... I'll just sort my credit out and save...

I dunno... you move house 3 times in 2 years and get a new job and everything becomes that much harder ... :(

All finance companies are leeches, that's the whole point of them :D

You been away SRL?

Still am. I get back Thursday. Just nipped on to the hotel computer to check e-mails etc.

Good luck to welshace, RT, SRL AB and all other mods :D.

What has been announced? :(

Still a few people in T&TF can't / won't see beyond sliders. I really don't see it being a big deal.

Once FM14 is out and they still moan, just close threads and tell them the forum isn't for moaning :cool:

These people who take time off work for the release of the new game. I just can't get my head around it.

Never understood that myself. I think it's weird and I'm sorry but FM isn't that good.

I took a week off to play Skyrim and a week off for GTA V although ended up going to London and not getting to play GTA V until the Thursday.

I can understand people frustration at taking away the sliders, if that's how they've played for a long time then it'll be hard to adapt. I can also see why they'd argue that there's no reason to remove the sliders completely.

I can understand people frustration at taking away the sliders, if that's how they've played for a long time then it'll be hard to adapt. I can also see why they'd argue that there's no reason to remove the sliders completely.

I would rather they just chilled out and gave the new stuff a chance.

How people can form such blinkered opinions about what a system will or won't offer, without even having used it, baffles me.

I'm a glass half full sort of person. Some people don't even have a bloody glass.

I took a week off to play Skyrim and a week off for GTA V although ended up going to London and not getting to play GTA V until the Thursday.

You planned on doing the other stuff anyway though didn't you? You didn't only take time off to play the game?

Nothing, just wishing good luck :D. The FM14 Beta Preview was allowed to be announced today so Footballers, Sportspeople, Journos are allowed to speak about the game now. Some in GD weren't overly happy :D.

Yeah I noticed a few threads pop up... hasn't been too bad though... I think people tend to forget how many people test the game before it comes out.

You planned on doing the other stuff anyway though didn't you? You didn't only take time off to play the game?

For GTA yes for Skyrim no, I knew when Skyrim would be out so booked it about a year in advanced. I knew I had two weeks off in August and a week at Easter so thought I might as well use the remaining days to play Skyrim.