Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Aaaannyway, anyone got much planned this weekend?

FM-ing today I'd have thought, then a bit of a drink tonight with a friend over where he lives in a place called Morley. (It's not far, just the other side of Leeds). Aside from that, nothing. The missus is working tonight and then out with one of her friends tomorrow evening, so I'm at a losse end!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaannyway, anyone got much planned this weekend?
Friend of mine is over from Fuerteventura so cooking and drinking tonight before I resume decorating. I bloody hate it. Last weekend was painting all weekend. This weekend stripping walls and wallpapering. Doubt I'll get much FM time which is a shame as I'm really enjoying my lower league save in Spain.

Ive got to do the whole boyfriend decorating thing this weekend. Can't really complain too much tho as it looks like ill be moving in with her early next year, so i guess im decorating for myself as much as anything!

Will be watching the Scotland game tonight, and lots of FM, im now really loving this years version, probably the most fun ive had with the game in a few years now. My dons save has proven much harder than previous years, 3 seasons finished, only one cup, no where near close to winning the league, its gonna be a slog to topple Celtic and now Killie have been bought by a Qatari tycoon. (clearly he didnt go to to the place before deciding to drop £250M into the club!!)

I'm hoping for a new job very soon in my save. Had a stunning first half of a season after promotion in the first campaign, but realistically we can't keep it up. Got some ridiculously tough games coming up and a few batterings maybe handed out.

Add to that we're screwed financially so have no room to improve. I can't take the club further I fear. :(

Yeah money wise ive struggled with Aberdeen, in the first three seasons ive not been able to spend a penny except a few free transfers, although i have made £4M in the summer of the 4th season so ive got a bit to play with this summer. Killie have snapped up anyone i might buy and Celtic and Rangers dwarf the wages i can offer so its a struggle to get players. I think the fact its a bit harder is what im loving so much, in FM12 i won the league in the second season, in FM13 i did the same, im nowhere near close this time around.

I find the money the biggest issue this year. Hard to retain players because of wage demands and hard to better the replacements because if theirs. Currently top of the Segunda B so hoping promotion might convince some of these players to stay!But like you I'm also loving this iteration.

I don't think i can wait any longer to see if i get FM14 for birthday/Xmas. i downloaded the demo and i'm loving it. i think i may have to buy via steam and then see if i get the box version from anyone before i buy it myself.

EDIT: i have ended up buying it and i am loving it. hopefully i get the boxed version from someone so i don't need to buy it myself (yes i am one of those people who likes to have the boxed version).

I really like getting the boxed version. I know it it's silly but i just like to have the boxed version in my possession. this is the 1st year i have played the game without the disc.

On a realated note from above. I am actually liking Steam as a platform for games. I was one of the 'i hate Steam & ity is killing the game & i hate it' brigade when it was 1st introduced. But i have to say over the years i have really enjoyed the simplicity of buying games from it. i even found a final fantasy game a few months ago that i had played years ago.

So I've woken up in someone elses bed.........thankfully I know who's it is and that I didn't sleep with them. :)

You do seem to have a habit of waking up in other peoples bed from what i have seen from this thread. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

So I've woken up in someone elses bed.........thankfully I know who's it is and that I didn't sleep with them. :)

Twice in a year tut tut. You need to go easy on the drink if you can't handle it and lose all self control.

You do seem to have a habit of waking up in other peoples bed from what i have seen from this thread. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

Just the two times!!

Twice in a year tut tut. You need to go easy on the drink if you can't handle it and lose all self control.

Never said it was a girls bed!! It was a friends new house that I'd not yet gone to. Was terribly unfamiliar when I woke this morning!

Just the two times!!

Never said it was a girls bed!! It was a friends new house that I'd not yet gone to. Was terribly unfamiliar when I woke this morning!

You probably should have read that in your head before posting. A supposedly straight bloke waking up in a lads bed doesn't make it better, its worse. Bet you are walking with a bit of a limp today then :brock:

I'm pretty sure your girlfriend/partner would say 2 is more than enough. :-D

I'm a good boy - not cheated on her. Just ended up in other peoples beds!

You probably should have read that in your head before posting. A supposedly straight bloke waking up in a lads bed doesn't make it better, its worse. Bet you are walking with a bit of a limp today then :brock:

I did read it and was satisfied with the wording. Did hurt a bit when I went for a poo earlier mind........

Just had an epic 4-3 win on FM. 2-0 down, got ahead 3-2 then the equalised with 10 minutes to go. Then in the 90th we got the winner. Bloody love this game.

That's enough FM talk. In other news I ****ing hate stripping wallpaper. I imagine I'd hate it less without the hangover. But this is ****.

I forgot so much about patenting with a three year gap between my girls.

I now remember that teething is a ******* and you are kept up most of the night, for lots of nights :(

Utterly knackered.

I'm knackered aswell. Couldn't sleep last night - I rarely can when the missus isn't in bed with me and I'm sober, and last night she was out with a few friends so was staying in there instead of coming home tipsy.

The previous night I wasn't with her either, but I slept as I'd been out drinking. Last night I went to bed at around 3am and was up by half past eight.

I'm knackered aswell. Couldn't sleep last night - I rarely can when the missus isn't in bed with me and I'm sober, and last night she was out with a few friends so was staying in there instead of coming home tipsy.

The previous night I wasn't with her either, but I slept as I'd been out drinking. Last night I went to bed at around 3am and was up by half past eight.

Tom worried she'll end up in bed with someone else like he does at the drop of a hat, hence keeping him awake:brock:

I feel you RT about teething, I got it all to come again in Feb :(

I feel you RT about teething, I got it all to come again in Feb :(

Brace yourself :)

The worst thing is that they time it so they're just sleeping through the night and BAM - mess your head up again :(

Already started tonight too, so that'll be a fourth night with about 4 hours of broken sleep.

Brace yourself :)

The worst thing is that they time it so they're just sleeping through the night and BAM - mess your head up again :(

Already started tonight too, so that'll be a fourth night with about 4 hours of broken sleep.

The missus has it easy because I don't sleep :(

Playing as Barcelona, I've just managed to entice Arsenal to bid £2m + 25% of next sale for Valdes, in february. He'll join them on the 9th of June, 3 weeks before his contract would have expired and they could have got him for free. Oh Arsene.

Scored an awesome goal at football tonight. I am a fat ****er who struggles after 5 minutes. We only play on like 9 a side pitches but it's a good laugh. I believe I gave the ball wide right and then continued my run. I stopped, called for it and I'm outside the line of the goal about 10 or so yards away at a small diagonal. I have my side/back to goal and I flick it up with my right, keep it up again and then twist and unleash volley into the other corner. Well not quite but near enough into the top other corner. Was an awesome goal.

Hi SRL88,

Sorry to bother you but could please have a look in my Glasgow Rangers thread and delete a few offensive posts on there? I reported 1 of them, namely no 11 i think, before realizing that there were a few others. I have posted in the thread what posts i believe need to be deleted.

EDIT: Dont worry about it SRL88 Fraz has dealt with it.