Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a Liverpool supporter that is something.

Moving cricket clubs this season, most likely. Having been at the same club for 10 seasons, my old captain said he didn't think I'd get much game time this season due to the new captain slagging me off along with others. So he invited me along to another club's nets and I've fit right in. Also batting better than I ever have done as well. The 2nd team captain of the new side is thinking of batting me at 6, which is a hell of a lot higher than my other club. They're also in a division higher, the division that we were in last season. Do well and I could have a chance of being picked for the first team.

Going to my old clubs nets as well tomorrow, most probably. Just to get practice in and get prepared for the new season. As of yet, they don't know I'm leaving and they won't until they possibly ask me to play in the first game of the season.

Sounds like more of a break is needed maybe. Are there specific reasons why? Is 14 not all that, or have you just got to the point where you are bored

No I don't need a break, I just needed to stop playing it. Got nothing to do with it being FM14 and any faults because the game is good and playable. I've just grown tired of playing a game I don't enjoy. It's not about being bored either, its about out growing the game and playing it just for the sake of playing :)

Fair enough Cleon, I must admit, I don't nearly play as much as I used to..

Although that's probably mostly down to the fact I had a lot more time on my hands, my gaming tends to be more about 20 minute bursts rather than long sessions like before... which I've always felt FM needed.

No I don't need a break, I just needed to stop playing it. Got nothing to do with it being FM14 and any faults because the game is good and playable. I've just grown tired of playing a game I don't enjoy. It's not about being bored either, its about out growing the game and playing it just for the sake of playing :)

Starting to feel like that too but think I might just be getting old before my time lol.

Might need your passport to got there in a few months. Silly place.

Not sure if this is just classic tomtuck cracking jokes (which I have never got), but I imagine you won't actually need a passport. Same way we don't need a passport to go to Southern Ireland. Although I don't actually know.

But yeah Scotland is cold and rainy and crap. I love it.

Not sure if this is just classic tomtuck cracking jokes (which I have never got), but I imagine you won't actually need a passport. Same way we don't need a passport to go to Southern Ireland. Although I don't actually know.

But yeah Scotland is cold and rainy and crap. I love it.

Scotland won't be in the EU if they gain independence. I wouldn't be so sure that you wouldn't need a passport to get in.

Truth be told I'm not that fussed either.

I will vote No to independence and I would rather remain a part of the Union but if we break away I'm sure the country will do pretty well regardless (for a few years at least anyway).

Emma Thompson (the actress) did a pretty good job of summing my views up on the whole idea of Scottish independence when she said this: "Why insist on building a new border between human beings in an ever-shrinking world where we are still struggling to live alongside each other?"

Plus I can't stand Alex Salmond the fat bawbag.