Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the move SRL. It is today isn't it?

Saturday. We have moved 80% of the stuff so its just a case of moving the bigger stuff such as couches etc.

Are you moving Friday?

£2million upfront, rising to £4million on aqearances/success.

I read that but there are also reports it's £3 million up front and £2 million in add ons and yet another place claims the deal could be worth £6 million with all the add ons.

Can't wait to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

I read that but there are also reports it's £3 million up front and £2 million in add ons and yet another place claims the deal could be worth £6 million with all the add ons.

Can't wait to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

Will be interesting to see how much game time he gets. Hopefully he'll get a few games under his belt.

He'll get game time in the Carling Cup initially I'd have thought. If he does well then who knows.

He'll probs get limited bench apperances too with Owen and Berba gone won't he? Probs take the place of Will Keane?

His versatility should help him as well he can play off the striker or on either wing. As he gets older I hope his decision making improves a lot he often chooses to shoot instead of pass and goes for glory trying to do it all himself but hopefully playing with much better players will help develop him.

He'll probs get limited bench apperances too with Owen and Berba gone won't he? Probs take the place of Will Keane?

I would say that it also depends what we do with Macheda, and indeed what system we use. And these stories linking us with Robert Lewandowski won't go away, though I don't see why we need to sign a striker.

I hope you play Kawa in his preffered position through the middle and don't waste him on the wing.

So do I, but if we do that I fear it'll mean a chabne of system. That would probably entail Rooney playing up top on his own and Welbeck fining himself on the bench. I don't mind that for Europe and the odd bigger game, but I would prefer to see Welbeck, (or even Hernandez), keep playing.

And we already have enough options outwide, so I can't imagine we've signed Kagawa to play there.

So do I, but if we do that I fear it'll mean a chabne of system. That would probably entail Rooney playing up top on his own and Welbeck fining himself on the bench. I don't mind that for Europe and the odd bigger game, but I would prefer to see Welbeck, (or even Hernandez), keep playing.

And we already have enough options outwide, so I can't imagine we've signed Kagawa to play there.

Reckon Welbeck will be out wide on left? Rotated with Nani? You're bound to play 4231 aren't you? Or some kind of 4-6-0 false nine?

Sod Welbeck out wide, that would be such a waste.

Would imagine more of a 4-2-3-1. At the end of the day we've got an awful lot of options in the final third now, picking a combination that would work well can't be that hard!

Sod Welbeck out wide, that would be such a waste.

Would imagine more of a 4-2-3-1. At the end of the day we've got an awful lot of options in the final third now, picking a combination that would work well can't be that hard!

Whats ur best line up now then?

I don't know how you can fit Young, Rooney, Kawa, Welbeck and Nani into the team, someone will have to miss out.

Whats ur best line up now then?

I don't know how you can fit Young, Rooney, Kawa, Welbeck and Nani into the team, someone will have to miss out.

You're forgetting Antonio Valencia, easily our best atacking player in the second half of last term.

What would I do? Wet myself with excitement at all the glorious options I have available to me!

On a serious note, I think it would really depend on who we were playing against, but 4-2-3-1 works either way, it just depends whether it's Welbeck leading the line or Rooney.

Through twitter I imagine?

Aye and ITV say same as do the betting sites now.

I've been enjoying Martinez do the analysis on ITV. He's been a breathe of fresh air as he knows what he is talking about and actually gives you an insight into how managers think and see systems they use.

A 2-0 win for Holland and Germany beating Denmark will send the Dutch through wont it?

Holland need 2 goals for the GD. So it depends on what the Germany win would be by. If it was all equal then Denmark would go through ahead of Holland because they beat them.

SRL - Olympic tourch in Durham on Saturday, does that mean it impacts the time you move due to road closures etc?

Holland need 2 goals for the GD. So it depends on what the Germany win would be by. If it was all equal then Denmark would go through ahead of Holland because they beat them.

I think head-to-head is above GD in determining who qualifies if teams are level on points. If Holland beat Portugal and Germany beat Denmark, the head-to-head will be all equal I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012