Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

My mind is becoming frazzled. Looking at what fixtures I could possibly get to around work and my holidays. I'm currently at December but looking at the Christmas period, it seems it could fall awkwardly to what I'm used to. Which could rule out 2 possibly 3 games I could go to. Or it could help me go to all 4.

Full press accreditation and "access all areas" at Granada CF next season :thup:

Met with club officials this morning, who were impressed with my coverage of the team for various websites through last season.

Absolutely delighted :)

The first home game I will probably get to is in October against Stoke...but I think I will go to Sunderland 'away' considering it is only 20 minutes up the road.

The first home game I will probably get to is in October against Stoke...but I think I will go to Sunderland 'away' considering it is only 20 minutes up the road.

The first game i go to will be Everton away, followed by Fulham at home, Southapmpton away, then, well, you get the picture. :brock:

The first game i go to will be Everton away, followed by Fulham at home, Southapmpton away, then, well, you get the picture. :brock:

I think I can work it out.

Heath, will you be following Watford soon? They may be getting taken over by someone linked with Udinese and Granada. Congrats as well.

I think, and it's a big think I've cracked out it could be at Christmas. I've worked out that I could probably get to 19 games next season all being well. That also covers every home evening game as well which I'm going to try and get to. It includes 14 at home and 5 away. I'd probably be missing the 2 games that I'd love to go to more than most but works work so I can't complain. That isn't including cup games or potential play-off games. I'll be trying to book the play-off game days off in the next few weeks with a rough guess at when the games will be played. I don't think I'll be getting to many cup games unless we get a home tie in the League Cup 2nd round game at least should we get there. The FA Cup is another that I probably won't see unless we get to a final or there happens to be a mid week replay.

Full press accreditation and "access all areas" at Granada CF next season :thup:

Met with club officials this morning, who were impressed with my coverage of the team for various websites through last season.

Congrats heath :)

I think, and it's a big think I've cracked out it could be at Christmas. I've worked out that I could probably get to 19 games next season all being well. That also covers every home evening game as well which I'm going to try and get to. It includes 14 at home and 5 away. I'd probably be missing the 2 games that I'd love to go to more than most but works work so I can't complain. That isn't including cup games or potential play-off games. I'll be trying to book the play-off game days off in the next few weeks with a rough guess at when the games will be played. I don't think I'll be getting to many cup games unless we get a home tie in the League Cup 2nd round game at least should we get there. The FA Cup is another that I probably won't see unless we get to a final or there happens to be a mid week replay.
I wouldn't bother booking the play-off dates off if I were you. Unless you fancy watching footy as a neutral that is. Also, Forest away final day :cool:

P.s. Congratulations Heath :thup:

When Forest set up for a 0-0, but 10 men behind the ball and held on for a point? Can't remember what the fans did, couldn't have enjoyed watching their team put on that miserable performance for them though

Erm, I think it may have been the FA Cup game. I'm not 100% sure. But they started celebrating like we had scored or something and few other things. There was a few videos on youtube and a girl from work who went said what happened. This season will be much of the same if we don't get taken over.

I think he should be given a chance. If he can pull off some of the loan signings that he made last season then it will help. Admittedly, some are saying that it was O'Driscoll that helped us play the way we did late on. Either way, at the moment we have no money to sign new players with the potential takeover. If we don't get taken over. I feel it could be curtains for us as a club or at best admin.

Heath, will you be following Watford soon? They may be getting taken over by someone linked with Udinese and Granada. Congrats as well.

Will be interesting if the deal with the Pozzo family goes ahead. Needless to say, I'd already written about it first thing this morning - Udinese, Granada, now Watford for the Pozzo family

Of course, I'll be following what happens closely. The Watford academy will be an attraction, plus the opportunity to push for promotion to the Premier League. The Pozzo family will back the club well, without spending silly amounts of money. Won't be able to have as many player loans in the Championship of course, but you can bet there may be a good few talented young players that'll head their way.

Most likely would be Watford signing players, but Udinese having first option to buy or a percentage of any future sales.

Will be interesting if the deal with the Pozzo family goes ahead. Needless to say, I'd already written about it first thing this morning - Udinese, Granada, now Watford for the Pozzo family

Of course, I'll be following what happens closely. The Watford academy will be an attraction, plus the opportunity to push for promotion to the Premier League. The Pozzo family will back the club well, without spending silly amounts of money. Won't be able to have as many player loans in the Championship of course, but you can bet there may be a good few talented young players that'll head their way.

Most likely would be Watford signing players, but Udinese having first option to buy or a percentage of any future sales.

So apart from a Footballing Family buying the club, what benefits will Watford receive being affiliated with Udinese and Granada?

ps. Just found you on Facebook, wasn't even looking for you like but you was there still lol!

So £252 for a season ticket for someone of my age. As of yet, I have no idea who I shall be going with. I could have gone with my neighbour but he's said he's not renewing his ticket. I've got plans to let my dad use my ticket if I can't get to a game. How often would they check that he's not under 21? :D

So £252 for a season ticket for someone of my age. As of yet, I have no idea who I shall be going with. I could have gone with my neighbour but he's said he's not renewing his ticket. I've got plans to let my dad use my ticket if I can't get to a game. How often would they check that he's not under 21? :D

Lmao... Well I wouldn't know that answer to that. They might not check, but if they did he might just have to pay a small admission fee on top of using your season ticket. Probably best by asking the club (being anonymous might help in case they turn you down dead)

I thought all none adult tickets i.e u21's were a different colour?

I'm not going to ask haha. I've done it before where I've gone in with my neighbour using his grandaughters or grandsons season ticket(he just walks in and we follow him). So has my brother. No one has ever said a thing and he's quite pally with the stewards. Which may be why. I think I could get to 14 home games. Considering there are only 23 home games it would be worth it tbh. It's just trying to make sure that the home games that I may have a slight issue with going to(mainly mid-week games), that I can get off when Forest are at home or when they're playing too far away to get to. That shouldn't be a problem. My dad would probably use it if he's not busy if I can't get to the games.

Edit: See the first few sentences again.

I don't honestly know Cleon. I know before, when I used a mate's season ticket, I had no issues. I'd have to look around and ask. There are plenty of people I know who go to games so I can find out.

At United the youth tickets are a diff colour. Using an adult ticket as a junior though isnt really the same as it costs more to begin with. With the u21 tickets they are more hands on with checking them :D

I'm not going to ask haha. I've done it before where I've gone in with my neighbour using his grandaughters or grandsons season ticket(he just walks in and we follow him). So has my brother.

Edit: See the first few sentences again.

Well to be honest I don't think they would mind to much about it. All I can say then is tell your Dad to go using it and see what happens. Just tell him to take his wallet just incase.

They probably would be Cleon. It's something I'd have to ask people about. CrD, I don't think they'd be that kind tbh. There's £145 in difference between adult and under 21s of where I'd sit. I can get to about 14 games give or take. I'm also entitled to a few weekends off over the season. So I may ask and see if I can just have 4 Saturdays off. It'd suit them better tbh. If things stay the same at work at the moment, then I could get to do the early when Forest are at home. There are also 3 games in April and May at Forest, which I'm looking at booking off as day holidays. So in total, I could be getting to 18 to 20 if I can get everything to go how I'd like it to.

They probably would be Cleon. It's something I'd have to ask people about. CrD, I don't think they'd be that kind tbh. There's £145 in difference between adult and under 21s of where I'd sit. I can get to about 14 games give or take. I'm also entitled to a few weekends off over the season. So I may ask and see if I can just have 4 Saturdays off. It'd suit them better tbh. If things stay the same at work at the moment, then I could get to do the early when Forest are at home. There are also 3 games in April and May at Forest, which I'm looking at booking off as day holidays. So in total, I could be getting to 18 to 20 if I can get everything to go how I'd like it to.

Don't book days off yet until nearer the time. As SKY games and cup games will change the fixture list quite a bit

Well you'd better hope that your work is understanding that you need them days off, and stick with what Cleon said as well. Sky does tend to change everything

Yeah, just told my dad. He's not overly fussed anyway. Even so, working it out 14 games out of 23 would still make it worthwhile for me and would save me about £100. There are only 3 games at home on Tuesday where I won't be on holiday. It shouldn't be too much of a problem considering my supervisor is sound and the fact the store knows I help them alot anyway and are sound themselves. I'll also have 2 more days holiday to play with after Christmas hopefully which I can book as single days off. So minimum it'd be 10 games which would mean me having to pay £2 more for a season ticket. Possibly it could be 20. I haven't counted cup games either. If we can beat Fleetwood and get a home tie, I could be able to go to that as well.

Yeah, just told my dad. He's not overly fussed anyway. Even so, working it out 14 games out of 23 would still make it worthwhile for me and would save me about £100. There are only 3 games at home on Tuesday where I won't be on holiday. It shouldn't be too much of a problem considering my supervisor is sound and the fact the store knows I help them alot anyway and are sound themselves. I'll also have 2 more days holiday to play with after Christmas hopefully which I can book as single days off. So minimum it'd be 10 games which would mean me having to pay £2 more for a season ticket. Possibly it could be 20. I haven't counted cup games either. If we can beat Fleetwood and get a home tie, I could be able to go to that as well.

You get that many free games really? Normally only works out 4 games max for me that you get 'free' so to speak.

Well if it saves you in the long run I think that you should do it then any way mate. Also if your Dad isn't to fussed then that's fine, could always lend it to a friend or something like that if you wanted to so it is still being used (If your friends ain't buying their own that is)

Eh what? I'm lost. Last season, an adult ticket cost £25. Forest don't do under 21 tickets afaik for single games. So I had to pay full adult price. I was going off the official website which is usually cack anyway. So on that basis, £25 a ticket(adult) if they stay the same price. £252 for an under 21 season ticket. Therefore I'd have to pay an extra £2 really for 10 games. Which is nothing if I can't get to more. If I can get to another 4/5 or more games, it'd not really cost me anything more.

Well if it saves you in the long run I think that you should do it then any way mate. Also if your Dad isn't to fussed then that's fine, could always lend it to a friend or something like that if you wanted to so it is still being used (If your friends ain't buying their own that is)

Only talk to 2 mates from school. One doesn't really like football but supports County. The other is away most weekends as he's in the RAF. Even so, if I did talk to those from school still. Most didn't like football and one supported Liverpool. Most of my mates from work are older than me, don't really support Forest. Again, it's the usual Chelsea, Liverpool and United rubbish. So yeah, it doesn't bother me really.

I would prefer Croatia to win and Italy/ROI to draw. As I mentioned about Corluka:

When asked about potential collusion between Spain and Croatia to knock out Italy, he replied: "Who has a betting scandal in their country?"

:cool: and congrats.

I would prefer Croatia to win and Italy/ROI to draw. As I mentioned about Corluka:

When asked about potential collusion between Spain and Croatia to knock out Italy, he replied: "Who has a betting scandal in their country?"

haha that is a class answer :D

How long until you replace the manager now? Nowt like aiming high :D