Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

OH GET IN YOU BEAUTYYY...

two cheques dropped through the letterbox today

one the biggest cheque ive ever cashed in my life as a tax rebate for years of shafting me... and another for the same reason from the electric company...

bit late for crimbo but damn well good enough to see me through new years... maybe ;)

the mrs shopping for a few dresses... im getting a new pc... the kids getting whatever the hell she likes and a holiday with my mates is booked....

merry christmas fm'ers..... MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS

Nice present. :thup:

Where are you going?

Vegetable samosa's for breakfast while at work on xmas eve eve...I smell fresh and have indigestion.

Time to shift this ****ing cold so I can get mullered over Christmas. Have a good one everyone, I wont be about until I get back to work in January.

Has anybody been watching the 'Football's Greatest Managers' series on Sky Sports? It's fantastic :thup: It's a sequel to the 'sister' series which was 'Football's Greatest', focusing on the Greatest Players of generations gone by.

I'm watching the episode in which they're focusing on Arrigo Sacchi, ex-AC Milan manager of that fabulous side which included Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard :D

Read up on Jonathan Wilson's Inverting The Pyramid if you want an idea of great managers and tactical outlooks.

In-depth with great analysis. Opened my eyes to the development of football over the years. It had never really occurred to me, prior to reading the book, that pressing was unheard of prior to Viktor Maslov's ideas (he is also credited for the creation of the standard 4-4-2 formation we've come to expect as the norm these days). It's one of those things you'd assume were always around. Much like how I was surprised to find that Scotland were renown for their passing ability and are the first nation in the world credited with the idea of pass and move.

Bought Skyrim today. Is it as good as the hype?

Brilliant game especially if you have the time to put into it. Kept me off FM for awhile and I can see it lasting me well over 100 hours probably closer to 200 once DLC is released. I hope you did not buy it on the ps3 though.

Its a FPS right?

It is a first person view but I wouldn't call it a FPS. Magic and sword, I suppose you do shoot people with a bow and arrow though.

Good choice I had major problems with the ps3 version.

How come?

It's an RPG, in a way it's like Grand Theft Auto but in a world of dragons and magic rather than drugs and guns. And it's much bigger as well.

So if I love playing GTA and games like COD (the older ones) or Battlefield will I like Skyrim?

How come?

Because the ps3 was working different to the 360 and remembering where all the dead enemies were for too long. That made the file save too big so once you got to around 50 hours it would start jumping and eventually become unplayable. I played 55 hours on ps3 and it was jumping so much I could not play it, I downloaded the patch they released which reduced the size of the save game but it started jumping again a couple of hours in. So I traded it in and got it on the 360 instead.

So if I love playing GTA and games like COD (the older ones) or Battlefield will I like Skyrim?

Hard to say the only things it has similar to those games are the same view as COD and it's a free roaming open world like GTA. To really get full enjoyment Skyrim you need to put over 50 hours into it to build up your character. Have you ever played an RPG before? Something like Fallout 3?