Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Just relaxing through the day tomorrow, then out with my mum and her husband tomorrow night for a few drinks and a curry for a kind of birthday thing as I won't get to see her before we go away.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the OTF Football Manager thread. Posted a few pics in there recently, most notably Bernardo Corradi's stunning La Liga season. :cool:

I had noticed :).

What's everyone up to this weekend?

I haven't got much planned. The Mrs is at work, step-daughter at my Mams and tother one is out all day so I am on my own.

Tbh, whenever I have had a hangover I don't feel like doing anything. I just want to sit and be miserable and feel sorry for myself. It's one of the reasons why I don't drink massively on nights out now. Because I hate the feeling of being hungover the next morning. I also get bored as well of drinking massive amounts.

Also, what's with the new spell correction thingy. It's bloody annoying :(.

Seeing as this is the only thread on the forum where playing cricket is discussed I shall post in here. About to set off for my third game of the season, hopefully I get a chance today as the ****ing captain has batted me at 10 and not bowled me in the previous two games :mad:.

Quiet in here alot these days.

All my time is spent looking after a baby or trying to find content for one of those blog things.

Definitely reduced FM time at the moment.

Twatted my back earlier too - walking about carrying my youngest with my back contorted in a weird way did it.

Seriously the most painful thing I've ever experienced, but fine again 30 mins later. Weird.

I'll check out your Villarreal save this evening, you're doing really well but sounds like you're tempted to go elsewhere on Twitter.

Check it out where? :D

No idea. Not enough sleep, I assumed you'd stick updates in a Villarreal thread if there is one.

Either way, I suspect you'll be off to pastures new soon.

For FM14, I'm going to do a save in Italy for the first time in probably a decade.

Posted this in the OTF Football Manager thread;

Shakhtar have offered me the job at their place - £61million transfer budget dangled infront of me.

Think I could actually lead Villarreal to La Liga this season, (top by two points and unbeaten after 14 games), but in the long term I think it would be difficult to see off Barca and Real season after season. Ukraine would also be a new adventure.

Can't set the join the date as "End Of Season" or delay it until then as I'm only December.

Really don't know what to do. :(

So yeah, advice please.

Seeing as this is the only thread on the forum where playing cricket is discussed I shall post in here. About to set off for my third game of the season, hopefully I get a chance today as the ****ing captain has batted me at 10 and not bowled me in the previous two games :mad:.

I played today \o/. Opened the batting and flashed one for 4. Then got out. We won comfortably with our 3 and 4 getting 95 not out and 82 not out.

What were those for then?

Being Tom.

I haven't played FM for a while so might have a quick blast on that. Still in Indonesia and still trying to win the league and cup every year. It's hard when you throw internationals and the Champions League into it.

We're still the most successful side though which is good and I am a legend. I'm also still trying to work out how I am going to make a profit every season as that would help us progress massively. I did have a plan of buying Thai youngsters and selling them on. I did this for a number of seasons and it worked. Unfortunately I over populated the Indonesian league with them and now teams have the their registered foreign limit. Another reason as to why we're probably not making any money is because I have 12 scouts, 14 coaches iirc, 2 physios, 2 fitness coaches and 2 goalkeeping coaches. All of them have been with me for near on 20+ years so I'm letting them retire.

I get frustrated with my side as well. First game of this season we smashed a side 6-1. We then lost our next game 5-1. Then won the game after that 6-2.

It is the performances as a whole which are annoying. We've won three league titles in a row and now all of a sudden our performances have just plummeted.

We do that as well. It seems the players just get complacent. I've been trying to cost cut on players wages which meant last season I played a 16 year old left back as I sold my first choice at the start of last season as he was out of contract at the end of this one. The 16 year old hasn't done too bad tbh. I seem to be getting loads of young strikers through my academy which is the worry. I've got about four good youngsters from my academy that are strikers and a 18 year old that I poached from another side a season ago who is 3rd choice. He needs games as he could be my key to getting a massive sale.

SRL, have you been offered any interviews/jobs yet as a teacher? If not, have you looked on the Armed Forces Teaching Website thingy to see if there are any jobs are there? You probably have but I'd just thought I'd ask.

I've had a few interviews but I haven't been offered a job yet. Haven't looked on the website either. Might check it it out :thup:.

I'm not sure what the website is called but I'm sure a quick google search should bring something up. Plenty of places around the world where there are armed forces. Germany and Cyprus spring to mind as the main two. Although most troops are in the process of being pulled out of Germany iirc.