bennymc's Man United Historical Challenge

bennymc

Great work you have done with this but as it's Man Utd it's not really for me.

I'm interested on how the Transfer Embargo pans out though, I've recently edited a game for myself and given my team a 10 year Transfer Embargo, I'm just curious what effect this has on the teams during that time. Have clubs lost players because of this? and also when/if staff leave they can't be replaced?

I did a transfer embargo database a couple of weeks ago where all the leagues of reputation of 80 - 200 had a transfer embargo until 2100, I was going to use this as a challenge game to encourage more homegrown players coming through. Under testing all panned out ok until a few seasons in, off the top of my head I think it was 2015/16 season some teams started being able to buy players.

Even with a transfer embargo though teams are still allowed to sign up unattached players and to answer your question yes teams do lose players though staff are unaffected.

I'm interested on how the Transfer Embargo pans out though, I've recently edited a game for myself and given my team a 10 year Transfer Embargo, I'm just curious what effect this has on the teams during that time. Have clubs lost players because of this? and also when/if staff leave they can't be replaced?

Psycho covered most of it, but unfortunately, there's no 'perfect way' to deal with it. I tried giving them undying loyalty, but felt that in the end that was unrealistic and took away from what I was trying to go for in terms of creating the player in the context of that time.

I found the best way to keep them at the club was to strenghten the bonds between the players/staff by giving them relationships with each other, but even that wasn't working out completely, so I went down the embargo route.

They tend to not sell players as a result of their inability to sign players, but the odd one still gets sold. Sadly that's just a fact of the game, teams will accept an offer they can't refuse!

In my game I'm unable to sign anybody, unattached players or staff, I can agree contracts but instead of the deal be completed I get a message with "The transfer could not be confirmed".

In my game I'm unable to sign anybody, unattached players or staff, I can agree contracts but instead of the deal be completed I get a message with "The transfer could not be confirmed".

You shouldn't even get that far! When I try and sign someone a message comes up and says "X are not allowed to sign players until the transfer embargo is lifted."

You shouldn't even get that far! When I try and sign someone a message comes up and says "X are not allowed to sign players until the transfer embargo is lifted."

Yeah I get that also if I try to do a transfer, it's just with unattached players/staff I can get to agree deals before getting the message stated above.

Archived