Mr Hough Boots To Asses FM12

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far the tactic is doing very well... even though that it's not fluid.

The fixtures (I'm Inter 3rd season...)

Olympique Lyonnais (a) 1-2 the only loss... but it was just the first game of the tac and i plugged it just before the match, and still they were lucky to score from corner to get the win.

Lecce (a) 3-1

Lazio (h) 5-0

Genoa (a) 2-1 was down until 82 minute. 82th and 88th minutes strikes gave me the win after total domination and absolutely no luck in front of the goal until that time.

Olympioacos (h) 3-1

Juventus (h) 3-0 Total demolition. It could have been 5+ but Buffon had a day.

Hey Dave

Initial feedback : Defensively I cant seem to make this work against bigger teams. The defensive mid isnt adding the protection the back 4 need because the central mid is all alone and getting passed around with ease, and the wingers dont track back enough to keep wide players off the fullbacks.

Is it worth considering moving the MC into DM, and playing a little more Man City (2 DM's going forward , 1 AM , 2 Wingers and a Centre Forward), as the balance of the team seems OK. I just cant hold onto the ball in the centre when I do have it as the MC is closed down too quickly to allow him to fire the ball out to the wingers.

Here is my New Tactic, Sorry it too so long but better late than never, I don't have time to answer any questions now as i litrally have an hour off work and have to back till the morning again.

The tactic is pretty much the same basis as this Boots to Asses tactic so use the same information in the OP towards this tactic.

Sorry i can't give more information but as i have said i litrally have 1 hour to get some food and get back to work.

Thanks for the support.

Merry Christmas.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k1zj9l6m36mu9sh

i like the name hough cena's lady parts lol

Hey Dave

Initial feedback : Defensively I cant seem to make this work against bigger teams. The defensive mid isnt adding the protection the back 4 need because the central mid is all alone and getting passed around with ease' date=' and the wingers dont track back enough to keep wide players off the fullbacks.

Is it worth considering moving the MC into DM, and playing a little more Man City (2 DM's going forward , 1 AM , 2 Wingers and a Centre Forward), as the balance of the team seems OK. I just cant hold onto the ball in the centre when I do have it as the MC is closed down too quickly to allow him to fire the ball out to the wingers.[/quote']

I can't see that being a problem to be honest - One of the main issues was the center midfield as i knew it was abit shaky against the bigger sides.

I will look into it though in the future.

This tactic in my opinion is the least adventurous of Mr. Hough's tactic's attacking wise. I do not create that many CCC's..Highest I have created since using the tac has been 3 in a game..Defensively it seems to be more solid than the rest..However, I have been having a lot of 1 nil victories and I knw without a doubt that the attacking prowess is in my team. I am using United and I won the Quadruple last season even scoring 117 goals in the EPL and conceding 26

Conceding an unusual amount from corners but havent really been playing since 12.1 patch so I'm unsure if its the patch or the tactic or both at work...

Beside that I'm doing well even with my more or less untouched Darmstadt in german 3d (media prediction 20th)

Conceding an unusual amount from corners but havent really been playing since 12.1 patch so I'm unsure if its the patch or the tactic or both at work...

I'm also conceding alot from corners, I have conceded 12 of 19 goals overall from corners.

This tactic in my opinion is the least adventurous of Mr. Hough's tactic's attacking wise. I do not create that many CCC's..Highest I have created since using the tac has been 3 in a game..Defensively it seems to be more solid than the rest..However, I have been having a lot of 1 nil victories and I knw without a doubt that the attacking prowess is in my team. I am using United and I won the Quadruple last season even scoring 117 goals in the EPL and conceding 26

I did say i needed to work on the attacking side, Oh well at least its better in defence.

It has going fantastic with my Burnley team. I lead Championship with 18 points with 13 matches to go.

I have done it fantastic in the league cup. I have beaten Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United. In the final I beat QPR 5-1 and won the league cup. Looking forward to

play in Premier League and in the Europe League next season.

The real star player for me has been Jay Rodriguez. He has scored 42 goals in 38 matches for me. :)

Here is some SS:

jayrodriguezoverviewatt.th.png npowerchampionshipoverv.th.png burnleyfixturesfixtures.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What is the name of your skin bud?

Originally Posted by catoV

It has going fantastic with my Burnley team. I lead Championship with 18 points with 13 matches to go.

I have done it fantastic in the league cup. I have beaten Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United. In the final I beat QPR 5-1 and won the league cup. Looking forward to

play in Premier League and in the Europe League next season.

The real star player for me has been Jay Rodriguez. He has scored 42 goals in 38 matches for me.

Here is some SS:

Is this the last tactic?

I think that the corner issue is not tactic specific. I have tryed several tactics on the new patch (including the new Fuss tac) and I have conceded quite a lot goals from corners, crossings from free kicks and open play crossings. I have good CBs like Lucio, Vertonghen, Boccetti & Ranoccia but it seems that good stats don't mean good defending. I put my match prep to Defending set-pieces and will report later whether I am conceeding goals from corners/free-kicks.

Although i honestly don't feel that this current tactic is as good as my previous efforts, I still think it is a good tactic.

I have gone straight into a different formation, My fav 4-1-2-3, I am currently testing some starter settings, I will update in a few days on where i stand after testing.

If you need someone to test it for you, without leaching results to other too early, I can help you. My team is Bochum. So a medium team.

I have just started with it so not much to go on, If you message me in a few days say after boxing day i might have somehting more concrete

I think the 4-1-2-2-1 tactic with the defensive tweaks is the best one so far Mr Hough(for FM12)...The team create a lot of chances with beautiful football..I'm playing with Bayern Munchen an the results are marvellous...also the defence is quite solid.Of course in every tactic you must have the right players to play with it

Thanks a lot for the tactic :thup:

Another couple of observations.

Midfielders dont look to the wings, even when theres space, theyll try and force it down the centre, not often to good effect.

Wingers think theyre Gerrard/Scholes and try to play crossfield balls all the time, inevitably getting intercepted.

I concede a lot from corners, particularly if theyre played to the edge of the box.

Thoughts?

I don't get it... After very nice start with the tactic, now it seems that it's super ineffective. I hardly create any chances. After the tactic gets fluid my team should play better, but it is the opposite. Thanks to some corner goals I am winning against some teams. It was the same with Boots to asses tac. Any suggestions? Tryed team meeting, the players responded very well, but they play very bad. Different team talks with same effect. Motivated players but poor performance.

I don't get it... After very nice start with the tactic, now it seems that it's super ineffective. I hardly create any chances. After the tactic gets fluid my team should play better, but it is the opposite. Thanks to some corner goals I am winning against some teams. It was the same with Boots to asses tac. Any suggestions? Tryed team meeting, the players responded very well, but they play very bad. Different team talks with same effect. Motivated players but poor performance.

After some unsuccesful games my poor form finished with 0-0 draw and 1-2 lost at home for the cup. After that 5-0 win in Serie A and 4-2 win away on Barca in CL. It seems that January wasn't good month for my team... or maybe it was overconfidence.

I have gone back to the 4-1-2-2-1 formation and been looking at ways to improve that if i can.

I'll see over the next few days what i can come up with.

WOOW Thanks Mr. Hough you made my day with this announcement !! :) Thanks alot mate for your efforts making FM beautiful again

After some unsuccesful games my poor form finished with 0-0 draw and 1-2 lost at home for the cup. After that 5-0 win in Serie A and 4-2 win away on Barca in CL. It seems that January wasn't good month for my team... or maybe it was overconfidence.

I've found you need at least 2 different tactics, in the build up to a match I check my scouts report, especially looking at which formation the opposition have conceded the most against, I then pick the tactic based on this - I've switched between Mr Hough's original 4-2-2-2, Knap's old 4-4-2 and a Korean tactic - last season I won the championship, league & FA cups with Ipswich (admittedly I was lucky in the FA cup final and most of the season till february was pre the latest patch) It might be worth Mr Hough considering 2 or 3 formations that can be switched around?

npowerchampionshipovervf.png

ipswichtownfixturesfixt.png

ipswichtownfixturesfixt.png

I have gone back to the 4-1-2-2-1 formation and been looking at ways to improve that if i can.

I'll see over the next few days what i can come up with.

I'm also looking at a 4-1-2-3 which is looking very much like my old FM10 tactics regards goals and defence play.

Looking good for future tactics thats for sure.

cool, sounds very promising. I would advise you not to set release days BUT please do continue to show us screenshots and give us updates about your progress.

Good luck hough!

Thats what i intend to do, Just show a few screens and updates when i can, I am hopeful though about the 4-1-2-3 tactic especially

Whilst I've had great success with the 4-1-2-2-1 with defensive tweaks I've noticed a couple of relatively minor issues, these being that the striker doesn't get enough goals and the high number of yellow cards I get in a game. Whilst the lack of goals for the striker isn't much of a problem as others make up for goals for bracket, the disciplinary issue is causing me a few problems. I've tried this tactic with a few teams and on a number of occasions my team has been fined for 6+ yellows in one game. Has anyone else had these minor problems with this tactic or does anyone know how to rectify? This is by no means a tactic bashing post as like I said I've had a lot of success, namely taking a default Bolton team to 4th place finish in my first season.

Archived