Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Anyone for a conspiracy theory? 8:49 = 11 mins to 9 ( 9/11) icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if terrorists really have a soft spot for the numbers 9 and 11 and finding ways to cause havoc in ingenius ways to combine these number -/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are regular mathematicians tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zigson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Another blast in Hounsditch Road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just south of Liverpool Street Station.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by defusion:

Reports of another explosion on liverpool street and one in Houndsditch area </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Casulties doesn't mean deaths. It can range from Walking Wounded to Critical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are saying it's mixed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

bomb gone off by liverpool street, is that the aldgate one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think so, Aldgate and Liverpool Street are reasonably close.

icon14.gif to the emergency services though, they are belting it down Euston Road right now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zigson:

Where is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats the one near liverpool street station

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinho:

There have been fatalities reported at Aldgate and obviously on the bus explosions. This isn't a small attack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's not on the scale of something like 9/11, but it's exceptionally timed and placed. That's what makes it a significant attack really.

this f*cking terrorists make me mad. WHY do they attack average people going to their jobs? if they want war just do a proper one ffs icon_mad.gif

Casulties doesn't mean deaths. It can range from Walking Wounded to Critical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Casulties doesn't mean deaths. It can range from Walking Wounded to <STRIKE>Critical</STRIKE> Death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by defusion:

Reports of another explosion on liverpool street and one in Houndsditch area </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just realised that icon_frown.gif but CNN reported the two names

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fifty:

I doubt this was due to the olympics. The logistics of getting the explosives to the right city, getting them in place and blowing them up just don't work.

I reckon it was G8. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, I think a global terrorist unit could manage planning an attack on a couple of different cities tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fifty:

I doubt this was due to the olympics. The logistics of getting the explosives to the right city, getting them in place and blowing them up just don't work.

Um, I think a global terrorist unit could manage planning an attack on a couple of different cities tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You give them too much credit. If they were that good it would happen more often. And you reckon it would be worth their while planning attacks in 5 different cities and then only going through with 1 operation? I don't think so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

As usual all the news networks are down except the mighty OTF ! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBC loaded up briefly for me earlier icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got Sky News for a few seconds icon_biggrin.gif

The phone network can't cope so I can't rinf any of my mates icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vodaphone, Three & O2 networks are down in London evidently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Vicente:

this f*cking terrorists make me mad. WHY do they attack average people going to their jobs? if they want war just do a proper one ffs icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because they know they can win more easily this way?

Anyway, you want a proper war? All in good time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Vicente:

this f*cking terrorists make me mad. WHY do they attack average people going to their jobs? if they want war just do a proper one ffs icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are shepperds and peasants ... they cannot win a 'proper' war so this IS their war. Play to your strengths and all that

Die, infidel. tbh.

Die, infidel. tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smiggs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

I wonder if it was planned, in the way to do it after we won the olympic bid? Of course it was planned but for today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's clearly planned to co-incide with the start of the G8, the police and emergency services concentrated on gleneagles and so forth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously speculation/scaremongering, but you can't rule out the possibility that it was a case of some international terrorist group targeting whichever city won the Olympics. It's a long shot, but you have to wonder why they targeted London, when people are hardly ever mentioning that in relation to the G8 summit lately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we're assuming this is a terrorist attack, then it's taken some planning. Personally, I don't see that it's linked to the Olympics, but as someone pointed out earlier, British police efforts are concentrated in Scotland for the g8, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

It doesn't sound like IRA at all to me. Experts have been predicting an Al Quaeda attack on LU for ages, so sadly that's a strong possibility. However, it would mark a shift in tactics for them, because they've attacked infrastructure more than people. Attacking the economy rather than going for pure fear. I mean, explosions in the heart of the rush hour would have caused far more casualties I assume.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

I tell you what has amazed me, besides myself everyone else in the office here is just working as though nothing happened. Kudos to the British stiff upper lip icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feck stiff upper lip, if i were in London i'd be putting personal safety first and evacuating the city for the day to make sure there aren't any others.

Guest Saskatchewanian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by James M:

Is that the line Juni uses?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Texted me to say he's ok icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news.

I'm OK too, if anyone cares. This is crazy. icon_frown.gif

Um, I think a global terrorist unit could manage planning an attack on a couple of different cities tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You give them too much credit. If they were that good it would happen more often. And you reckon it would be worth their while planning attacks in 5 different cities and then only going through with 1 operation? I don't think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realistically they'd only have had to plan attacks in London or Paris if they were targetting the new Olympic city. I'm no terrorist expert mate, but it's too big a coincidence to be ruled out.

If it isn't a "power surge" and is in fact an attack then i would say it is defo linked to G8 as opposed to Olympics ... unless some veiled early threat to hosting the games in London ... may as well have waited a year or so if they wanted to do that tbh when money has been spent building, etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by miller_merry:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

I tell you what has amazed me, besides myself everyone else in the office here is just working as though nothing happened. Kudos to the British stiff upper lip icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feck stiff upper lip, if i were in London i'd be putting personal safety first and evacuating the city for the day to make sure there aren't any others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, probably best to avoid any unnecessary panic. icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saskatchewanian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by James M:

Is that the line Juni uses?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Texted me to say he's ok icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news.

I'm OK too, if anyone cares. This is crazy. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of EHM Team accounted for then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

Due to the incidents across London today, Vodafone have invoked a procedure whereby cellular bandwidth is prioritised to government and emergency services </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good

Despite all the chaos it looks on the TV like the emergency services are doing great jobs

Archived