Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinho:

Bus Network stopped.

Some people are being sent home from work now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll we useful to have people wandering the streets with all the travel networks down. Doh !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinho:

Bus Network stopped.

Some people are being sent home from work now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How will they? The whole travel network is closed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

If it isn't a "power surge" and is in fact an attack then i would say it is defo linked to G8 as opposed to Olympics ... unless some veiled early threat to hosting the games in London ... may as well have waited a year or so if they wanted to do that tbh when money has been spent building, etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, thanks to G8 police and security emphasis is up north in Scotland. Would leave London more vulnerable- any extra media exposure post-Olympics would be a bonus for the bombers. Bastards.

Dark. Haven't heard from my peeps in London yet. Hope everyon else's are okay.

Why London though? All the political focus is on Scotland during the G8, and whoever's responsible had to be aware of the IOC committee's decision being made yesterday. The symbolic power of bombing the city that has only yesterday been bigged up as the best city in the world can't be denied. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

One of the buses was a packed number 205 according to Sky Sports. How many people can you get on a double decker bus? jeez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I obviously meant Sky News icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

Railway stations being inexplicably closed down in Brighton and Swindon? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe a tip off ?

Impressive from a terrorist's point of view I should add. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean, it's disgustingly effective. I guess they are aware that creating a pile of bodies merely stiffens the resolve of the electorate to support the "war against terror", and so it weakens their position. So they attack the economy, and you can already tell from what's happening at LSE that it's worked a treat. F*ckers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by miller_merry:

Railway stations being inexplicably closed down in Brighton and Swindon? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe a tip off ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Needless paranoia I would say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Army on the streets near Covent Garden </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can see them from the window.

they're checking bins and stuff, and clearing people out!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougs:

think thats the over?

its calmed down a bit now (the bombing that is) so imagine thats it all over, i hope nothing big is on the horizon..

but at the same time, for a terrorist attack, its a bit small isnt it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not really say at least 6 bombs is small. I think the death count could be high when you see the state of the buses and the fact a lot of witnesses from the tubes are saying they saw bodies and limbs on the line icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

One of the buses was a packed number 205 according to Sky Sports. How many people can you get on a double decker bus? jeez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I obviously meant Sky News icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Made me laugh icon_frown.gif

London blasts: At a glance

Several people have been injured after a series of explosions across London.

The BBC News website is covering events as they unfold:

1055 A doctor tells Reuters there are at least 90 casualties at Aldgate station

1053 Home Secretary Charles Clarke makes a statement outside Downing Street about "dreadful incidents" causing "terrible injuries". He says Prime Minister Tony Blair has been informed and advises the public in London not to make unneccessary journeys

1049 Police say there are serious casualties, but no deaths are confirmed, Associated Press reports

1025 The BBC's Andrew Marr, with the prime minister in Gleneagles, says Number 10 is "still unsure" whether the explosions are a terrorist attack

1023 confirmed explosion on a bus in Tavistock Place

1021 Scotland Yard reports "multiple explosions" in London, the Press Association reports

1014 An eyewitness tells PA that a bus has been ripped apart in an explosion in central London

1009 Witness Christina Lawrence, who was on a train leaving Kings Cross, tells BBC News 24: "There was a loud bang in the tunnel and the train just stopped and all of a sudden it was filled with black, gassy smoke and we couldn't breathe"

1002 Scotland Yard says it is dealing with a "major incident"

0940 British Transport Police say power surge incidents have occurred on the Underground at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations

0933London Underground reports "another incident at Edgware Road" station, PA reports

0933 Passengers are told that all London Underground services are being suspended because of a power fault across the network, PA reports

0924 British Transport Police say the incident was possibly caused by a collision between two trains, a power cut or a power cable exploding. Police report "walking wounded"

0915 Press Association reports emergency services called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion

0849 An incident on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate is reported to British Transport Police

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> London blasts: At a glance

Several people have been injured after a series of explosions across London.

The BBC News website is covering events as they unfold:

1055 A doctor tells Reuters there are at least 90 casualties at Aldgate station

1053 Home Secretary Charles Clarke makes a statement outside Downing Street about "dreadful incidents" causing "terrible injuries". He says Prime Minister Tony Blair has been informed and advises the public in London not to make unneccessary journeys

1049 Police say there are serious casualties, but no deaths are confirmed, Associated Press reports

1025 The BBC's Andrew Marr, with the prime minister in Gleneagles, says Number 10 is "still unsure" whether the explosions are a terrorist attack

1023 confirmed explosion on a bus in Tavistock Place

1021 Scotland Yard reports "multiple explosions" in London, the Press Association reports

1014 An eyewitness tells PA that a bus has been ripped apart in an explosion in central London

1009 Witness Christina Lawrence, who was on a train leaving Kings Cross, tells BBC News 24: "There was a loud bang in the tunnel and the train just stopped and all of a sudden it was filled with black, gassy smoke and we couldn't breathe"

1002 Scotland Yard says it is dealing with a "major incident"

0940 British Transport Police say power surge incidents have occurred on the Underground at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations

0933London Underground reports "another incident at Edgware Road" station, PA reports

0933 Passengers are told that all London Underground services are being suspended because of a power fault across the network, PA reports

0924 British Transport Police say the incident was possibly caused by a collision between two trains, a power cut or a power cable exploding. Police report "walking wounded"

0915 Press Association reports emergency services called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion

0849 An incident on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate is reported to British Transport Police

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And linkage of bomb blast areas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougs:

think thats the over?

its calmed down a bit now (the bombing that is) so imagine thats it all over, i hope nothing big is on the horizon..

but at the same time, for a terrorist attack, its a bit small isnt it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If 3 packed buses have exploded that's pretty major.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Everyone from SI ok Ter? No-one travel on them lines? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully everyone is OK, I'm going to head into the office now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

If it isn't a "power surge" and is in fact an attack then i would say it is defo linked to G8 as opposed to Olympics ... unless some veiled early threat to hosting the games in London ... may as well have waited a year or so if they wanted to do that tbh when money has been spent building, etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why London though? All the political focus is on Scotland during the G8, and whoever's responsible had to be aware of the IOC committee's decision being made yesterday. The symbolic power of bombing the city that has only yesterday been bigged up as the best city in the world can't be denied. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe trying to disrupt the summit by "forcing" Blair, etc to leave and return to London ? Hitting London transport network is probably more of a sign than those horse and carts up in Scotland icon_wink.gif

If they were gonna attack London related to Olympics i would say wait a few years ... let some building begin and everything be hunky dorey and then hit it and make everyone panic ... on the back of this all that will happen is "security will be stepped up" ... hardly damaging Olympics at this stage ... maybe i don't have my terrorist head on though ...

I appreciate the authorities and to a certain extend the media are doing their best not to cause mass panic etc, but we all know there's only one active organisation capable of coordinated attacks like this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Made me laugh icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by miller_merry:

Needless paranoia I would say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, seeing as you don't have the information that the government might, I wouldn't call it needless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Me as well. icon_biggrin.gif

I love the way things like Sky Sports News casually ignores huge events like this. I remember 9/11 when they were reporting on the build up to that night's Worthington Cup second round matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by life is too short to be taken seriously:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

At least 6 explosions apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was three? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Met chief of police confirmed at least 6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

i really wish they wouldn't shove cameras in the faces of people who care clearly very injured and sitressed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You watching Sky News?

The way the reported kept going on at questions at the guy was a bit poor :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 times the poor sod he didnt want to talk about it, but they just kept on at him...very very poor

think thats the over?

If 3 packed buses have exploded that's pretty major. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the biggest terrorist attacks we've had in the UK, and we've had more than a few icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

...we all know there's only one active organisation capable of coordinated attacks like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, who ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big John Stud:

I don't really get why the police are still saying that there are no links to terrorism yet. I mean what else can it possibly be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look they can't say stuff until they have evidence.

Needless paranoia I would say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, seeing as you don't have the information that the government might, I wouldn't call it needless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're right.

In other news:

GOVERNMENT WARNS OF ATTACKS ON THE HIGH PRIORITY TERRORIST TARGETS OF SWINDON AND HOVE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big John Stud:

I don't really get why the police are still saying that there are no links to terrorism yet. I mean what else can it possibly be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, seeing as the EU have said it's terrorism... icon_biggrin.gif

think thats the over?

I would not really say at least 6 bombs is small. I think the death count could be high when you see the state of the buses and the fact a lot of witnesses from the tubes are saying they saw bodies and limbs on the line icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah ok maybe i should rephrase that, it aint small, but when you compare it to the 9/11 attacks icon_frown.gif

OK, I don't mean to offend anyone with this theory BUT......

I believe some of the 9/11 conspiracy theories. The day after we win the bid to stage the Olympics this happens. However, as some people say it's a bit on the small side for some of these 'terrorists'

Is it possible that like the allegations of the Pentagon on 9/11 that this could be a bit of an "inside job"? And then we show the world how efficiently our emergency services etc deal with such situations?

I'm not saying I believe this to be correct - but is it something worth considering?

No offence meant to anyone who strongly disagrees with this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If 3 packed buses have exploded that's pretty major. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only one bus has suffered a blast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought it had been confirmed there was 3 ?

Me as well. icon_biggrin.gif

I love the way things like Sky Sports News casually ignores huge events like this. I remember 9/11 when they were reporting on the build up to that night's Worthington Cup second round matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky Sports News is running it on their breaking news ticker telling people to tune into Sky News.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">think thats the over?

London shut down, hundreds dead and a city that uses public transport so much now to scared to use it is a great success in the eyes of a terrorist.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

...we all know there's only one active organisation capable of coordinated attacks like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, who ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fathers 4 Justice, blatantly

Archived