Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big John Stud:

I don't really get why the police are still saying that there are no links to terrorism yet. I mean what else can it possibly be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look they can't say stuff until they have evidence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they say it is terrorism then you will get some nutters beating up people from the middle east for know reason

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

****ING HELL!! the army out here is scaring the ****ing life out of me!!

GO AWAY!! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Army at this point is icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loyalwolvesfan:

OK, I don't mean to offend anyone with this theory BUT......

I believe some of the 9/11 conspiracy theories. The day after we win the bid to stage the Olympics this happens. However, as some people say it's a bit on the small side for some of these 'terrorists'

Is it possible that like the allegations of the Pentagon on 9/11 that this could be a bit of an "inside job"? And then we show the world how efficiently our emergency services etc deal with such situations?

I'm not saying I believe this to be correct - but is it something worth considering?

No offence meant to anyone who strongly disagrees with this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

Just be pleased its not the American army otherwise you could be caught in friendly fire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If 3 packed buses have exploded that's pretty major. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only one bus has suffered a blast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not according to Sky News.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188265,00.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loyalwolvesfan:

I believe some of the 9/11 conspiracy theories. The day after we win the bid to stage the Olympics this happens. However, as some people say it's a bit on the small side for some of these 'terrorists'

Is it possible that like the allegations of the Pentagon on 9/11 that this could be a bit of an "inside job"? And then we show the world how efficiently our emergency services etc deal with such situations?

I'm not saying I believe this to be correct - but is it something worth considering?

No offence meant to anyone who strongly disagrees with this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*SLAP*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

...we all know there's only one active organisation capable of coordinated attacks like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, who ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fathers 4 Justice, blatantly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I REALLY shouldn't be laughing at that icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

...we all know there's only one active organisation capable of coordinated attacks like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, who ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fathers 4 Justice, blatantly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it in one foobs icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not saying I believe this to be correct - but is it something worth considering?

No government could get away with that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

one of the reasons the mobiles were switched off was to stop phones being detonated via the system, apparently </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well not all networks have been turned off yet although its a logical step...a ton of congestion means the other networks are struggling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

Just be pleased its not the American army otherwise you could be caught in friendly fire </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not saying I believe this to be correct - but is it something worth considering?

No government could get away with that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They might manage it in 24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

One of the buses was a packed number 205 according to Sky Sports. How many people can you get on a double decker bus? jeez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

205? Wow, I caught a 205 this morning just before it all happened. Nasty, that bus is rarely packed when I get on it but when it stops at Kings Cross it fills up with people heading in to the City so not surprised if it was rammed

Yeah I think it's worth considering. For about half a second, before laughing it off as ridiculous.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

one of the reasons the mobiles were switched off was to stop phones being detonated via the system, apparently </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

simply a network overload nothing more than that, if the networks can't cope with Glastonbury festival they're hardly likely to be able to cope with the high amount of "we're safe" messages coming out of the system.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

wtf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That has to be the most ridiculous thing i've ever read.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ensign Greco:

****. I just read about this on a random greek page, tried BBC and can't believe this. when they say "casualties" do they mean dead or it may mean injured? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the combined total of dead and injured.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lovejoy!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

Just be pleased its not the American army otherwise you could be caught in friendly fire </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If 3 packed buses have exploded that's pretty major. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only one bus has suffered a blast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not according to Sky News.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188265,00.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The MET have only confirmed one blast on buses. I would tend to believe them more than a news station which will be getting their info from various sources. Chinese whispers spread like wildfire in these circumstances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

Me = Miffed icon_mad.gif

*wants to get to work* icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

walk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

One of the buses was a packed number 205 according to Sky Sports. How many people can you get on a double decker bus? jeez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

205? Wow, I caught a 205 this morning just before it all happened. Nasty, that bus is rarely packed when I get on it but when it stops at Kings Cross it fills up with people heading in to the City so not surprised if it was rammed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus. So they have obviously timed it 'right' for maximum damage.

Crikey mate, you could have been on the same bus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Guy From The Sunny Place:

Another bus hit, BBC World reports. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This the 4th one or the 2nd then ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ensign Greco:

****. I just read about this on a random greek page, tried BBC and can't believe this. when they say "casualties" do they mean dead or it may mean injured? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the combined total of dead and injured. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

90 casulties & 20 dead are the early reports.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but being in such close timing to the olympics decision wouldn't it suggest that if it was a terrorist attack (which it clearly is) than they'd have been ready to do this in the other 5 cities on the off chance that London didn't get the games? Scary thought, imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by defusion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

Me = Miffed icon_mad.gif

*wants to get to work* icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

walk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*walks from Luton*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">al Qaeda </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I've said it has similarities with the Bali Bombing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh?

al qaeda had nothing to do with the bali bombings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ooh aah ray parlour:

I should have just gone back home and not come into work when i got to London Bridge this morning, now i'm going to be stuck here for ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

overtime \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but being in such close timing to the olympics decision wouldn't it suggest that if it was a terrorist attack (which it clearly is) than they'd have been ready to do this in the other 5 cities on the off chance that London didn't get the games? Scary thought, imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coincidence.

*walks from Luton* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif oh, fair enough maybe not then

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but being in such close timing to the olympics decision wouldn't it suggest that if it was a terrorist attack (which it clearly is) than they'd have been ready to do this in the other 5 cities on the off chance that London didn't get the games? Scary thought, imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

London was a huge target anyway. I expect it was planned earlier, and if the city got the games it'd be a bonus.

Jesus. So they have obviously timed it 'right' for maximum damage.

Crikey mate, you could have been on the same bus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've done their homework I'll grant you that. I wouldn't have been on that bus though as I alight at Warren Street fortunately for me, but not for the poor sods on it. Plus those buses are pretty regular, every 10 mins so it could have been a different one. I'm not going to claim a near miss or anything, that would be pointless and selfish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wolfie.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">al Qaeda </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I've said it has similarities with the Bali Bombing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh?

al qaeda had nothing to do with the bali bombings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not directly involved but the group had connects with Al Qaeda.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Arab sources have told the BBC that it is almost certainly Al Queda work. :/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Itv just claimed it looks like the work of Al Qaeda in Europe.

made me laugh icon_biggrin.gif

Archived