Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

A mates Dad works in for the Met and said that there is plenty more that will happen in London so do not move. Stay where you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just been out to Tesco :rebel: :mental: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what's the scene like on the ground?

pandemonium? silence? a mixture of both? (icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

A mates Dad works in for the Met and said that there is plenty more that will happen in London so do not move. Stay where you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just been out to Tesco :rebel: :mental: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Abusing the system icon_mad.gif

mate, there may not be any new news coming out of london right now. personally, I hate it when a single report gets repeated ad infinitum. considering the close ties between the two cities financially and commercially, not to mention what basically amounts to a flashback/ptss for many new yorkers, it's a completely relevant story to run.

now you and the chip on your shoulder should head out for a nice, strong cup of coffee?o

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James23485:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bboy_yoda:

ITV saying at least 12 DEAD icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats down from the 20 the claimed earlier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the twenty was an estimate based on I imagine, bodies later found, and critical injuries turning into deaths. Expect the 12 to rise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">**** off Bush family, **** off the Yankees that voted on Bush </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What has that got to do with today's events? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Al Qaeda was founded in 1988 the same year Bush father won the elections, the same year USA needed Al Qaeda to fight against the Soviets

I apologies if you (or someone) voted on Bush because you live in a democracy and you can do what you want

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

My brother works in Canary Wharf and he's still in his office </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif So nothing has happened down there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sisters bf works in CW as well, everythings fine other than the fact they're all stuck there until further notice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

what's the scene like on the ground?

pandemonium? silence? a mixture of both? (icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SI isn't situated in close proximity to any of the explosions so there is unlikely to be pandemonium.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

pandemonium? silence? a mixture of both? (icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just people trying to get their phones to work and I didn't have to wait ages to cross the road or nearly get run over by a bus as there was hardly any traffic.

just about to leave work in Covent Garden to go home to Leytonstone.

Covent Garden to Leytonstone icon_frown.gif and i pulled my hamstring on sunday icon_frown.gif so i'm limping all the way home icon_frown.gif... 4 hours i predict icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worcester City Researcher 6-4:

Just made contact with a mate who works for a Law firm in the centre of London.

He came in early today so missed everything going off and being caught up in it.

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Im assuming the bus wasn't planned, the underground was shut down he couldn't get on so he got on a packed bus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing has been confirmed about the bus bombing, apart from there was an explosion on it. No indication that it was a suicide bomber, or whether it was a timed device.

I cant see it to be honest, this lot arent known for repeat performances, anything that was going to happen would have be done by now especially as it all started at 9am

I just hope they dont start a European campaign now as they've been quiet for a while (ETA did the Madrid bombings if I remember correctly)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CovFan:

Coventry: The suspected package was on the No40 Bus, it was taken to Pool Meadow and there was a controlled explosion on the "device". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you know what it was?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

Unconfirmed rumour has it that a suicide-bomber has been shot at Canary Wharf.

I do however think this is a result of the general panic and not true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, still waiting on cofirmation of this. Someone said it ages ago, but not heard any mention of it since. Freaky though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(ETA did the Madrid bombings if I remember correctly) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you remember correctly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

I cant see it to be honest, this lot arent known for repeat performances, anything that was going to happen would have be done by now especially as it all started at 9am

I just hope they dont start a European campaign now as they've been quiet for a while (ETA did the Madrid bombings if I remember correctly) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Im pretty sure ETA Didn't as it was before elections and they wanted them out of Iraq and it worked

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CovFan:

Coventry: The suspected package was on the No40 Bus, it was taken to Pool Meadow and there was a controlled explosion on the "device". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you know what it was? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, they just used the word "device" instead of suspect package though. Read into that what you may.

Im assuming the bus wasn't planned, the underground was shut down he couldn't get on so he got on a packed bus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlikely. The bombs would have all been in place before the first one was triggered I'd have thought. If you watch the news you see plenty of empty buses by the side of the road.

By taking out one bus, there'd have been orders to clear all others, further disrupting the transport network.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just hope they dont start a European campaign now as they've been quiet for a while (ETA did the Madrid bombings if I remember correctly) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madrid bombings were not carried out by ETA, they were carried out by an Islamic Terrorist group working out of North Africa.

Just people trying to get their phones to work and I didn't have to wait ages to cross the road or nearly get run over by a bus as there was hardly any traffic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mainly people just working out how to get home. No looting as yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

SI isn't situated in close proximity to any of the explosions so there is unlikely to be pandemonium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I forgot Ter didn't lead a cosmpolitan life in the center of London.

Is Islington in North London?

Coventry: The suspected package was on the No40 Bus, it was taken to Pool Meadow and there was a controlled explosion on the "device". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you know what it was? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, they just used the word "device" instead of suspect package though. Read into that what you may. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of something in Fight Club.

"We can't say it was 'your' *****, just A *****.".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A Moroccan cell with links to al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for the attack, and most of those arrested have been Moroccan citizens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah I stand corrected icon_smile.gif I was thinking of the bomb that happened in Madrid earlier this year when it was ETA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinho:

Just people trying to get their phones to work and I didn't have to wait ages to cross the road or nearly get run over by a bus as there was hardly any traffic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mainly people just working out how to get home. No looting as yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I didn't mean pandemonium as in looting, I meant just in lots of noise and people running around in panic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ETA did the Madrid bombings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Al Qaeda did the Madrid bombings

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

Covent Garden to Leytonstone icon_frown.gif and i pulled my hamstring on sunday icon_frown.gif so i'm limping all the way home icon_frown.gif... 4 hours i predict icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my sisters 3 hours into her walk from Park lane to Walthamstow. Shes having to follow the number 55 bus route as she doesnt know central london too well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, Al Qaeda was founded in 1988 the same year Bush father won the elections, the same year USA needed Al Qaeda to fight against the Soviets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm No. Fighting against the Soviets had stopped earlier in the 80s, and the US supported the Taliban when USSR invaded Afghanistan in the late 70s/early 80s.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

My brother works in Canary Wharf and he's still in his office </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif So nothing has happened down there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sisters bf works in CW as well, everythings fine other than the fact they're all stuck there until further notice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does she do?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I didn't mean pandemonium as in looting, I meant just in lots of noise and people running around in panic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly likely five hours after the explosions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhype2002:

You know what annoys me. Just watching CNN and Fox and they consistantly refer to "what the feeling is within New York at the moment"

Who gives a feck you self-obsessed tw*ts. I can't get hold of my mate who works in London so New York can do one.

I realise there an Amercan News channel but this shows the blatent gulf in class between our reporters in 9/11 and their reporters now!

My rant here may not at all be relative but just had to get it off my chest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you're a f*cking moron.

we lost 3,000 people less than 4 years ago in a terrorist attack - of course we're going to see how people on the ground feel when another attack carried out by the same group occurs.

f*ck your 'gulf in class', too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has a point. The news is in London right now. I tried watching an American channel and they were covering New York. What the hell is that about? Luckily the Canadian news are covering it so I can find out what is happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

Covent Garden to Leytonstone icon_frown.gif and i pulled my hamstring on sunday icon_frown.gif so i'm limping all the way home icon_frown.gif... 4 hours i predict icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my sisters 3 hours into her walk from Park lane to Walthamstow. Shes having to follow the number 55 bus route as she doesnt know central london too well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can she not get a taxi?

Even though I am only two mins from Edgware road the mood here is pretty quiet.

Most people seem to have come to terms with what has happened and are now trying to get home or wherever they were trying to get to.

There is a stream of people walking past our office making their way to Paddington or trying to catch a taxi (fat and chance!!!).

I forgot Ter didn't lead a cosmpolitan life in the center of London.

Is Islington in North London? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, Islington is in north London. Closest bomb sites to SI were Kings Cross & Old Street. That would be unlikely to effect SI situated halfway on a busy shopping street half a mile from any tube or train station.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I didn't mean pandemonium as in looting, I meant just in lots of noise and people running around in panic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly likely five hours after the explosions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I wasn't thinking ffs icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

My sisters bf works in CW as well, everythings fine other than the fact they're all stuck there until further notice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does she do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Investment banker at HSBC, although they're both jacking in their jobs and going travelling in November.

• SI Staff

Is Islington in North London? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's just round the corner from Kings Cross.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

my sisters 3 hours into her walk from Park lane to Walthamstow. Shes having to follow the number 55 bus route as she doesnt know central london too well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can she not get a taxi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that will cost hundreds as everything will be moving slowely

Where's Jack Bauer when you need him!

This is truely devastating.Yesterday the country as a whole was elated and today face the harsh prospect of a real life terrorist attack and the expectation of more to come!

Archived