Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

fix what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The quotes about the overcharging hotels were 'coded' instead of quoted and facked up the page.

Thankfully, mods were to the rescue.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

Sorry if That's fuxing disgusting if true. I hope they get servely reprimanded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

supply and demand tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

Sorry if That's fuxing disgusting if true. I hope they get servely reprimanded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

supply and demand and no sense of guily tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

supply and demand and no sense of guilt tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

Well they were, tbh.

The people who died didn't directly bring it upon themselves and were very unfortunate. But as a country, we have elected leaders who insist on putting us at risk by meddling in middle eastern affairs. Yesterday was the consequences. Galloway's comments may have been ill-timed, but the crux of his argument was right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think we bought these attacks on ourselves, then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To an extent, yes. Don't get me wrong, these people are evil and should be brought to justice. But we knew this day would happen at some point, as soon as we got involved in Bush's war on terror.

No-one deserves to be blown up on their way to work, whether its a Londoner by a terrorist or an Iraqi by an American/British soldier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

No-one deserves to be blown up on their way to work, whether its a Londoner by a terrorist or an Iraqi by an American/British soldier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A slight difference being of course that our soldiers do what they can to limit civilian casualties while the soldiers of the prophet do what they can to maximise them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

No-one deserves to be blown up on their way to work, whether its a Londoner by a terrorist or an Iraqi by an American/British soldier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A slight difference being of course that our soldiers do what they can to limit civilian casualties while the soldiers of the prophet do what they can to maximise them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but that doesnt make a nice liberal soundbite mate! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MattyT:

while most of the politicians are echoing Bush's war on terror ********, "it's us against them and we will win", George Galloway is asking us to examine the causes of terrorism and why these people want to kill us.

as for your moronic comment that "he has to echo the immams or he's out", he's already stated that he won't be running again in that constituency. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already enlightened everybody as to what is causing the terror attacks on about page 18. Galloway is by no means the only one to have looked into it, you see?

Galloway was elected by wholly anti-war (wars against muslims, that is) and mostly anti-western muslims. He will act as most muslim leaders do - he'll condemn terrorism, then say we bought it all on ourselves really. Which we didn't.

Oh, and unless you're a bona-fide genius, I'd be careful in referring to my comments as moronic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well they were, tbh.

The people who died didn't directly bring it upon themselves and were very unfortunate. But as a country, we have elected leaders who insist on putting us at risk by meddling in middle eastern affairs. Yesterday was the consequences. Galloway's comments may have been ill-timed, but the crux of his argument was right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Galoway is still a ****ing cvunt and should be exiled icon_mad.gif

itv news saying there are still bodies on one train they havent got to yet. icon_frown.gif

A slight difference being of course that our soldiers do what they can to limit civilian casualties while the soldiers of the prophet do what they can to maximise them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't disagree. But it doesn;t change the fact that more civilians have died in Iraq than all Al-Qaeda's attacks combined.

But it doesn;t change the fact that more civilians have died in Iraq than all Al-Qaeda's attacks combined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're overlooking the fact that the vast majority of civilians killed in Iraq were slotted in Al-Qaeda attacks.

But it doesn;t change the fact that more civilians have died in Iraq than all Al-Qaeda's attacks combined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're overlooking the fact that the vast majority of civilians killed in Iraq were slotted in Al-Qaeda attacks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you'll find the vast majority were killed in the original invasion and the bombing of Baghdad in particular.

I think you'll find the vast majority were killed in the original invasion and the bombing of Baghdad in particular. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your facts right, tbh.

Admittedly that's a massively biased site - but as it's biased in your favour rather than mine I think I can use it. Can you see what causes 90% of the casualties?

Don't forget Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, etc

Sure, they try to limit civilian losses, but it's not like they look for every possibility to limit them. Every single war has had loads of bombings to start with, trying to bomb 'strategic buildings' etc. Ah well, it was just bad luck when they hit a hospital or a school with their bombs.

Well they were, tbh.

To an extent, yes. Don't get me wrong, these people are evil and should be brought to justice. But we knew this day would happen at some point, as soon as we got involved in Bush's war on terror.

Trying to fix blame on one part shows a lack of understanding on thw whole picture. This isn't just about Bush's war on terror, it starts way back before that, before the attacks on New York, before any of us really knew what was going on, there would have been things behind the scenes to cause relations to deteroiate. (if there were any in the first place) but to say just because we joing the fight against terror means we should expect to be bombed is ludicrous.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Sweet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean 'sweet'? If I had left my house 5 minutes later, I'd be dead, you gimp.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thierry:

Sure, they try to limit civilian losses, but it's not like they look for every possibility to limit them. Every single war has had loads of bombings to start with, trying to bomb 'strategic buildings' etc. Ah well, it was just bad luck when they hit a hospital or a school with their bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't realise that those were bombing were such worthless pieces of **** that they actually disguise military buildings as hospitals and set up AAA in civilian areas? They know their best hope for victory is to maximise their own civilian casualties, you see?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josh Bad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

What do you mean 'sweet'? If I had left my house 5 minutes later, I'd be dead, you gimp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, leave the poor sod alone. He posted that when the news was reporting a bang caused by a power surge and he's already made abject apologies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thierry:

Sure, they try to limit civilian losses, but it's not like they look for every possibility to limit them. Every single war has had loads of bombings to start with, trying to bomb 'strategic buildings' etc. Ah well, it was just bad luck when they hit a hospital or a school with their bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't realise that those were bombing were such worthless pieces of **** that they actually disguise military buildings as hospitals and set up AAA in civilian areas? They know their best hope for victory is to maximise their own civilian casualties, you see? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhuh, whatever you say.

All people there are pure evil icon_redface.gif

Uhuh, whatever you say.

All people there are pure evil icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really think the people are happy with their government's methods of defending them?

I think you'll find the vast majority were killed in the original invasion and the bombing of Baghdad in particular. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your facts right, tbh.

Admittedly that's a massively biased site - but as it's biased in your favour rather than mine I think I can use it. Can you see what causes 90% of the casualties? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbh, I think you should take a closer look at the site. It says straight away that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 7,350 deaths which resulted from coalition military action during the "major-combat" phase prior to May 1st 2003

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, I'm not exact but I reckon that suicide bombers in Iraq have not killed more than 7,000 civilians. And that figure is before the invasion!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Eric!:

Well they were, tbh.

Trying to fix blame on one part shows a lack of understanding on thw whole picture. This isn't just about Bush's war on terror, it starts way back before that, before the attacks on New York, before any of us really knew what was going on, there would have been things behind the scenes to cause relations to deteroiate. (if there were any in the first place) but to say just because we joing the fight against terror means we should expect to be bombed is ludicrous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. It goes back a long way - to our support of the Israeli occupation, our posting military bases in the Muslim holy lands of Saudi Arabia. The Iraq war just escalated it even further.

• SI Staff

Does anyone know what's going on at Tottenham Hale please? My gf is stuck there apparently they've shut the station and all buses in the area have been stopped she's somewhere in the middle unable to move :/

Tbh, I think you should take a closer look at the site. It says straight away that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 7,350 deaths which resulted from coalition military action during the "major-combat" phase prior to May 1st 2003

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, I'm not exact but I reckon that suicide bombers in Iraq have not killed more than 7,000 civilians. And that figure is before the invasion!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of those were actually Iraqi military. Look at the 'target' column of the database during the bombing.

Anyway, those figures are from Saddam's information ministry and I wouldn't place any credence at all in figures from old Comical Ali.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enigma:

Does anyone know what's going on at Tottenham Hale please? My gf is stuck there apparently they've shut the station and all buses in the area have been stopped she's somewhere in the middle unable to move :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres nothing on the news probably just a stray bag there just not taking any chances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josh Bad:

What do you mean 'sweet'? If I had left my house 5 minutes later, I'd be dead, you gimp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right. I apologise too. I didn't know, because I haven't read everything from this discussion.

Jesus, leave the poor sod alone. He posted that when the news was reporting a bang caused by a power surge and he's already made abject apologies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enigma:

Does anyone know what's going on at Tottenham Hale please? My gf is stuck there apparently they've shut the station and all buses in the area have been stopped she's somewhere in the middle unable to move :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dunno, yesterday after the first two "power surges" they wouldnt let people off the victoria line at tottenham hale. My sister was on the trasin at the time. All the lights at walthamstow dimmed at 8.49 then blackhorse road was fine but tottenham hale was shut. Wonder why that station is effected when others in the area arnt?

Oh right. I apologise too. I didn't know, because I haven't read everything from this discussion.

Jesus, leave the poor sod alone. He posted that when the news was reporting a bang caused by a power surge and he's already made abject apologies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

our posting military bases in the Muslim holy lands of Saudi Arabia. The Iraq war just escalated it even further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we hadn't, the holy lands would have become part of Iraq.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

dunno, yesterday after the first two "power surges" they wouldnt let people off the victoria line at tottenham hale. My sister was on the trasin at the time. All the lights at walthamstow dimmed at 8.49 then blackhorse road was fine but tottenham hale was shut. Wonder why that station is effected when others in the area arnt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's managed to get out now. Apparently something about a bomb alert on Broad Lane, which is IIRC a road on the one-way system next to the station, but the station itself still shut. No idea what's up, probably it is just a suspect bag.

family has finally managed to track down my cousin.

she rang my aunt an hour or two ago after being released from hospital. apparently minor injuries, and a few scratches is all. was on one of the trains, don't know much of the details. she works as court recorder, but that doesn't tell me much as to where she might have been.

selfish git didn't think to ring her mother last night. poor woman was distraught...

"The Director of the Institute of Islamic Thought in London, Dr Azam al-Tamimi, while condemning the bombings as barbaric, took the opportunity to criticise leader Blair.

"If there is some party that should be held accountable for killing the innocent and spreading terror and chaos among the British people, it should be the government of Tony Blair," al-Tamimi told Aljazeera.

He said it was a combination of what the British prime minister and his government had done that led to this disaster.

Britain's role in Iraq and Afghanistan, the abuse of Muslim detainees by British soldiers in Belmarsh prison in London and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, and even the latest utterances of Blair on his return from Singapore after winning the bid for 2012 Olympics, against "extremists", which al-Tamimi said was a veiled reference to Muslim organisations, all contributed to the blasts.

"This blow was expected any time," al-Tamimi said."

Well, no big surprises there, then.

tbf he's got a point. Going to war and then complaining when the enemy fights back the only way it has any chance of winning is a bit cheeky. Always makes me laugh when people call terrorists coawrds and then we launch our missles from a ship thousands of miles away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

family has finally managed to track down my cousin.

she rang my aunt an hour or two ago after being released from hospital. apparently minor injuries, and a few scratches is all. was on one of the trains, don't know much of the details. she works as court recorder, but that doesn't tell me much as to where she might have been.

selfish git didn't think to ring her mother last night. poor woman was distraught... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good to hear shes safe now

"The Director of the Institute of Islamic Thought in London, Dr Azam al-Tamimi, while condemning the bombings as barbaric, took the opportunity to criticise leader Blair.

"If there is some party that should be held accountable for killing the innocent and spreading terror and chaos among the British people, it should be the government of Tony Blair," al-Tamimi told Aljazeera.

He said it was a combination of what the British prime minister and his government had done that led to this disaster.

Britain's role in Iraq and Afghanistan, the abuse of Muslim detainees by British soldiers in Belmarsh prison in London and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, and even the latest utterances of Blair on his return from Singapore after winning the bid for 2012 Olympics, against "extremists", which al-Tamimi said was a veiled reference to Muslim organisations, all contributed to the blasts.

"This blow was expected any time," al-Tamimi said."

Well, no big surprises there, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too much finger pointing these days and no-one taking responsibility for there own actions....If it is a fundamentalist islamic group then I'd like to see where in the Koran it says its ok to use violence to promote there religion as the true religion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaRaRasputin:Too much finger pointing these days and no-one taking responsibility for there own actions....If it is a fundamentalist islamic group then I'd like to see where in the Koran it says its ok to use violence to promote there religion as the true religion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf they're probably wondering the same thing about Christianity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

tbf he's got a point. Going to war and then complaining when the enemy fights back the only way it has any chance of winning is a bit cheeky. Always makes me laugh when people call terrorists coawrds and then we launch our missles from a ship thousands of miles away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that has crossed my mind as well. well said icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

tbf he's got a point. Going to war and then complaining when the enemy fights back the only way it has any chance of winning is a bit cheeky. Always makes me laugh when people call terrorists coawrds and then we launch our missles from a ship thousands of miles away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't agree with the end, I suppose you'll always find fault regardless of the means. I find the Islamist end completely disgusting and abhorrent, so they could fight by Western ideals of honor and I'll still not have respect for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doofus:

Dear God!

Is anyone listening to XFM?

They've cut/mixed snippets of yesterday's news broadcasts into the new Coldplay song, speed of sound or whatever it's called.

It's just crass and really poor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man icon_biggrin.gif

Where did I call them cowards?

Anyway, by that logic we could now justify our sneaky beakys planting bombs anywhere we fancied in the muslim world - after all they've asked for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaRaRasputin:Too much finger pointing these days and no-one taking responsibility for there own actions....If it is a fundamentalist islamic group then I'd like to see where in the Koran it says its ok to use violence to promote there religion as the true religion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf they're probably wondering the same thing about Christianity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. And this thing has gone on through out history since the forming of religion. It sounds kinda obvious and dumb but why cant people just respect each others beliefs and leave each other alone. I know that the lines between politics and religion are blurring and that the tension between the east and west are at a high but surely a middle ground could be established

You really think the people are happy with their government's methods of defending them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some are, some aren't, just like in Europe.

It's a common mistake from Western civilisation to think democracy is the best way to go, so we try to force it to all the countries around the world.

News flash: perhaps other people want different stuff? There are plenty of people in Asia who feel comfortable with their current situation. If all Iraqi people wanted a democracy, it would have been peace by now.

You really think the people are happy with their government's methods of defending them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some are, some aren't, just like in Europe.

It's a common mistake from Western civilisation to think democracy is the best way to go, so we try to force it to all the countries around the world.

News flash: perhaps other people want different stuff? There are plenty of people in Asia who feel comfortable with their current situation. If all Iraqi people wanted a democracy, it would have been peace by now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was talking about whether the people felt good knowing that their city was about to be bombed and watching while their heroic defense forces move most of their anti air artillery into civilian areas.

Where did I call them cowards?

Anyway, by that logic we could now justify our sneaky beakys planting bombs anywhere we fancied in the muslim world - after all they've asked for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends what logic you're using. If you're using the "asking for it" logic then yeah sure. I'm not though. If you're using the "fighting the optimal way to to achieve victory" then 5 guys attacking the London Underground is going to have a much greater effect than if the same 5 guys stood in front of the combined might of the UK and USA force and fighting them on the battleground. It wouldn't be optimal for us to fight their way because our society recognises that we can win wars without aiming at civilians (although if some are wandering around who gives a ****, omlettes eggs and all that). Each side is fighting for the same thing irrespective of what our leaders may tell us. We're engaged in an ideological war. The problem is that the average man on the ground doesn't realise this so can't understand why we're being attacked. It's that whole lack of understanding thing that got us in this mess in the first place. You can't force a way of life on people as you implictly make their reason for existing meaningless and people with no meaning in life are pretty dangerous. As we found out yesterday.

Archived