Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it wrong to laugh at some of this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

This is a hot Asian chick we followed for a while. That fat lump on the left was with her. She could do so much better! She was probably thinking that she was annoyed about having to walk home, but was also no doubt looking on the bright side that at least her and her fat f*ck of a boyfriend hadn't been hurt.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mr.moustache:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

Stop copying American foreign policy would be a good start. It sucks and it doesn't suit us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool.

I'd like to see the EU reaction when it realizes it has to spend more of its own money on its defense.

I really can't blame the EU for its current position though, which boils down to "If the Yanks want to call all the shots, then they can spend the money."

We're so ****ing stupid, we're probably the first empire in world history where more resources go out than come in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe EU policy wont be as reliant upon military as US policy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not even about being reliant on the military. It's about even having a military.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew K:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MattyT:

poster: the military-industrial complex is a crucial factor in the repression of millions, possibly billions, by a dangerous ruling elite.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, anything after a mention of "the military-industrial complex" should be reasonably ignored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"and most certainly NOT coming up next on CNN... Halliburton's Iraq war profits tick past $10billion. But we definitely still went in there to save all those innocent people from a brutal dictator (who we armed in the first place.) And here's a picture of Dick Cheney laughing, for... no particular reason."

but hey, they're your tax dollars. and if you'd rather they dripped into the coffers of huge multinationals rather than providing, say, school textbooks or free healthcare (or filling that social security shortfall... how big is it now?), ignore away.

Back to work for the first time since the blasts on thursday.

the boss gave us a choice of coming in or not on friday which was nice of him, and after walking 15 miles to get home on thursday i decided to stay at home.

Anyway, getting the underground this morning was a little wierd. Normally people just stare at the floor, or the cieling. This morning, everyone just seemed to be watching everyone else. And it's probably my own insecurity more than anything, but having brown skin, i felt a little uneasy.

but other than that, business as usual.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

Stop copying American foreign policy would be a good start. It sucks and it doesn't suit us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool.

I'd like to see the EU reaction when it realizes it has to spend more of its own money on its defense.

I really can't blame the EU for its current position though, which boils down to "If the Yanks want to call all the shots, then they can spend the money."

We're so ****ing stupid, we're probably the first empire in world history where more resources go out than come in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trying to blame us for your imperialism. That's a good one. Like you guys just had to invade Iraq because Europe thought it'd blow up in your face and embroil you in a civil war for the foreseeable future. Stoopid Europeans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

was this posted?

prison plante is hilariously delude, but this is kinda weird

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2005/090705bombingexercises.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I mentioned somewhere in this thread that the police confirmed they were running a drill when the bombs went off. It's hardly a conspiracy theory when the police confirm the theory on the day of the explosions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted 07 July 2005 14:29

Scotland Yard were apparently carrying out a terrorist training exercise when the alert happened. (ITV) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There found the post.

Cool.

Trying to blame us for your imperialism. That's a good one. Like you guys just had to invade Iraq because Europe thought it'd blow up in your face and embroil you in a civil war for the foreseeable future. Stoopid Europeans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about it.

I give us only another 20 years or so on top. Then we'll reap the results of letting our manufacturing base shrivel and die, blowing loads of cash on entagling alliances, etc.

We'll crash even harder than Britain did.

"A commentary on Iranian state radio, meanwhile, blamed the Israeli intelligence agency, Mossad, for the attacks.

It said Mossad was the only group capable of carrying out such operations in London and had often tried to attract attention to its opponents during G8 meetings in the past.

Ayatollah Kashani condemned the blasts, but also launched a stinging attack on Western foreign policy, punctuated with cries of "death to America, Britain and Israel".

"You talk about al-Qaeda. Have you forgotten who has bred al-Qaeda?" he asked, in remarks addressed to UK Prime Minister Tony Blair.

"It's the illegitimate child of America and Israel, but you name it Islam. This savagery is not Islam. It is coming from inside of you and it is now punching you.""

Got to love 'em. Can't wait 'til they're a nuclear power. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

"A commentary on Iranian state radio, meanwhile, blamed the Israeli intelligence agency, Mossad, for the attacks.

It said Mossad was the only group capable of carrying out such operations in London and had often tried to attract attention to its opponents during G8 meetings in the past.

Ayatollah Kashani condemned the blasts, but also launched a stinging attack on Western foreign policy, punctuated with cries of "death to America, Britain and Israel".

"You talk about al-Qaeda. Have you forgotten who has bred al-Qaeda?" he asked, in remarks addressed to UK Prime Minister Tony Blair.

"It's the illegitimate child of America and Israel, but you name it Islam. This savagery is not Islam. It is coming from inside of you and it is now punching you.""

Got to love 'em. Can't wait 'til they're a nuclear power. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** them, tbh.

There's a 90-turbine wind farm in Judith Gap, Montana expected to be completed by the end of the year. When it's online it's projected to provide 8% of (my electricity provider) NorthWestern Energy's default power supply.

A few more of these babies and for the Big Three to stop dragging their feet on alternative fuel vehicles and we can tell them they can have the nukes, but we don't need their oil anymore.

First victim named as toll rises

Susan Levy was a mother of two grown-up sons

The first victim of the London bombings has been named, as the confirmed number of dead reached 52.

An inquest was opened and adjourned into the death at King's Cross of Susan Levy, 53, from Cuffley, Hertfordshire.

As families of the missing continued to seek information, Tony Blair said a memorial service would be held and attended by the Queen at some point.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said those responsible for Thursday's attacks would be found.

icon_frown.gif

A few more of these babies and for the Big Three to stop dragging their feet on alternative fuel vehicles and we can tell them they can have the nukes, but we don't need their oil anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good plan. Erm, shall we get on with it before they improve their missiles?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MattyT:

[but hey, they're your tax dollars. and if you'd rather they dripped into the coffers of huge multinationals rather than providing, say, school textbooks or free healthcare (or filling that social security shortfall... how big is it now?), ignore away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd just as soon see them stay in our wallets. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

A few more of these babies and for the Big Three to stop dragging their feet on alternative fuel vehicles and we can tell them they can have the nukes, but we don't need their oil anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good plan. Erm, shall we get on with it before they improve their missiles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A fine plan, one I'd expect from a man of such discriminating wealth and taste. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

So we are having a 2 minutes silence at work on Thursday. Is 2 minutes the new 1 minute now icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No - it's one minute for someone dying. It's 2 minutes for a catastrophe of this magnitude.

It's fitting... because even people like the Queen Mum got a minutes silence and she lived to 102 ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

So we are having a 2 minutes silence at work on Thursday. Is 2 minutes the new 1 minute now icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can only show respect by staying silent for that extra minute.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

No - it's one minute for someone dying. It's 2 minutes for a catastrophe of this magnitude.

It's fitting... because even people like the Queen Mum got a minutes silence and she lived to 102 ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure we had a three minute one for some geezer who died in liverpool?

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

It's fitting... because even people like the Queen Mum got a minutes silence and she lived to 102 ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure we had a three minute one for some geezer who died in liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was for the Madrid train stuff, iirc/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

I'm sure we had a three minute one for some geezer who died in liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably a scam. Gave people an extra two minutes to nick things without interruption.

Bloody hell its getting beyond a joke now

Not sure about that but I think there might have been a 3 minute silence for the Tsunami victims.

And I know it is fashionable on OTF to slate having x minutes silence, but if you don't like them then don't flipping well observe it and stop preaching to those who do want to observe it.

Anyone heard any good conspiracy theories about this yet? Anyone claimed it was the work of the CIA/Mossad/MI5 yet? Or that London's Jewish community was warned to stay away? Or claimed it never happened and the "victims" never even existed in the first place?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

but if you don't like them then don't flipping well observe it and stop preaching to those who do want to observe it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha look usually whenever this argument comes up on OTF its always the people who want to observe who come across as preaching?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

Not sure about that but I think there might have been a 3 minute silence for the Tsunami victims.

And I know it is fashionable on OTF to slate having x minutes silence, but if you don't like them then don't flipping well observe it and stop preaching to those who do want to observe it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here here *taps thigh*

so who's that liverpool guy i'm thinking of then? it was a big thing back then.

Anyone know what i'm thinking about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by super_imps:

Anyone heard any good conspiracy theories about this yet? Anyone claimed it was the work of the CIA/Mossad/MI5 yet? Or that London's Jewish community was warned to stay away? Or claimed it never happened and the "victims" never even existed in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea as I think was mentioned in this thread (or maybe somewhere else), but Al Jazeera and Iranian media are in full conspiracy mode. Blaming the Zionists, of course.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken Bigley probably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

but if you don't like them then don't flipping well observe it and stop preaching to those who do want to observe it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha look usually whenever this argument comes up on OTF its always the people who want to observe who come across as preaching? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf they should stop preaching as well then, personal choice and all that b*ll*cks. Besides, the last minutes silence thread on here was a bandwagon jumping exercise for all the ***** who thought it was 'cool' to not observe them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken Bigley probably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's the baby.

What was that about again? /thick icon_confused.gif

The Bigley one was sh*te tbf, I think some people were salivating at the prospect of having a minutes silence for a bloke who chose to go to Iraw despite knowing the risks and then getting his head loped off. Hardly warrants a silence if you ask me, he wasn't an important figurehead and it wasn't a mass-murder.

What was that about again? /thick icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was the first (i think?) britain to be held hostage by the insurgents in iraq.

haha look usually whenever this argument comes up on OTF its always the people who want to observe who come across as preaching? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah - presumably in every case except this one.

I'm not fussed about minute's silences... but frankly I think even I can manage to keep my gob shut for a whole two minutes in order to allow those that are to show their respect.

The Bigley one was sh*te tbf, I think some people were salivating at the prospect of having a minutes silence for a bloke who chose to go to Iraw despite knowing the risks and then getting his head loped off. Hardly warrants a silence if you ask me, he wasn't an important figurehead and it wasn't a mass-murder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea i remember being pretty annoyed by that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

haha, the bombers arrogantly lived 10 mins walk away from the house that i stayed in on thursday and friday night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just had a thought - does this mean i am ONE OF THE LUCKY FEW?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

just had a thought - does this mean i am ONE OF THE LUCKY FEW? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it means we are the UNLUCKY MANY! icon_biggrin.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Personal documents of four suspected bombers were found near the bomb scenes of the London terror attacks - at least one of them may have died in the strikes, police say.

The men travelled down from west Yorkshire and arrived at Kings Cross station shortly before the attacks were launched on Thursday morning.

Their images were captured by CCTV cameras.

All four attackers - not confirmed to be suicide bombers - are thought to have died in the blasts.

Police said there was forensic evidence that meant it was "very likely" the bomber responsible for the train explosion at Aldgate died there.

One of the men from West Yorkshire had been reported missing by his family and his property was found at the bus blast scene.

The second man's property was found at the scene of the Aldgate blast and the third man's property at both the Aldgate and Edgware Road blasts.

Sky News correspondent Martin Brunt said it is thought the men were British.

One man has just been arrested in west Yorkshire in connection with the attacks.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke, head of Scotland's Yard anti-terrorist branch, said: "The investigation quite early led us to have concerns about the movement and activities of four men, three of whom came from the West Yorkshire area.

"We are trying to establish their movements in the run-up to last week's attack and specifically to establish whether they all died in the explosions. Today we executed six warrants under the Terrorism Act at premises in the West Yorkshire area.

"These included the home addresses of three of the four men. A detailed forensic examination will now follow and this is likely to take time to complete."

He continued: "We know that all four of these arrived in London by train on the morning. We have identified CCTV footage showing the four men at King's Cross Station shortly before 8.30am on that morning, July 7.

"One of them who had set out from West Yorkshire was reported missing by his family to the casualty bureau on July 7. We have been able to establish that he was joined on his journey to London by three other men. We have since found personal documents bearing the names of three of those four men close to the seats of three of the explosions.

"As regards to the man who is missing, some of his property was found on the route 30 bus in Tavistock Square. Property of a second man was found at the scene of the Aldgate bomb and in relation to a third man property with his name was found at the Aldgate and Edgware Road bombs.

"We have strong forensic evidence that it is very likely that one of the men from West Yorkshire died at the explosion at Aldgate."

Sky News terror expert Steve Park said the documents may have been deliberately planted to "send police the wrong way".

The news comes as armed police search a house in Leeds after the Army used a controlled explosion to get in.

It was the discovery that the bus bomber was likely to have died in the blasts that triggered the raids. Hundreds of people were evacuated from the area around Hyde Park Road, Burley.

No one was in the house at the time but armed officers had been used as a precaution. Five other homes in Leeds had earlier been raided by police hunting the terrorists behind last week's attacks.

Neighbours at one of the addresses said a 22-year-old man who lived there with his family had gone missing. Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said the raids were "directly connected" to Thursday's atrocity.

Hours later, police evacuated Luton railway station and car park to recover a vehicle suspected of being linked with the terrorist attacks. The car was blown up in two controlled explosions.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got to love 'em. Can't wait 'til they're a nuclear power. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's easy to forget that Al-Qaeda is also the enemy of Iran (and Saddam's Iraq despite what Dubya would have us believe) since they feel they are not 'Islamic' enough.

My Dad was saying other day that a few police officers came in to Dewsbury Asda and told him they need the HD for the CCTV camera. They said its come from the top boss at the police and couldnt stress how important it was they got the tapes. Seems it was linked to the bombings

So doesnt surprise me they raided them houses in Leeds today

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

I'm surprised at the speed of it all. But I guess if they leave identifying documents about... :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that is why they are being a bit cautious about the documents being plants. Seems a little bizarre to leave documents to say you did it, but having said that, leaving traces of your own exploded body in a suicide bomb attack is pretty much the same sort of thing I suppose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

It's easy to forget that Al-Qaeda is also the enemy of Iran (and Saddam's Iraq despite what Dubya would have us believe) since they feel they are not 'Islamic' enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thourght of the Islamic Republic of Iran not being Islamic enough for Al-Qaeda is very scary, frankly.

Archived